DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   NES and SNES Classic -- 3 years later, do you still play them or not? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/648159-nes-snes-classic-3-years-later-do-you-still-play-them-not.html)

DJariya 07-18-19 12:57 PM

NES and SNES Classic -- 3 years later, do you still play them or not?

The NES came out in 2016, the SNES came out in 2017.

So 3 years later, do you still even play those consoles anymore? Or are they locked up in your closet somewhere? Were you just caught up in the hype for something that now you don't care about anymore?

I have both and honestly, they are both disconnected and put away in the closet as I didn't really play them much and I needed the HDMI ports for something else.

So what about the rest of you?

starseed1981 07-18-19 01:00 PM

Re: NES and SNES Classic -- 3 years later, do you still play them or not?

Nope. In the box on a shelf in my basement. It's cool to own alot of those titles though.

Groucho 07-18-19 01:03 PM

Still never seen either offered for sale.

PerryD 07-18-19 01:17 PM

Mine are still boxed up, but at some point I'll take them out and figure out the modding process. The PS1 Classic joined them this week too.

Sonny Corinthos 07-18-19 03:09 PM

I never had the SNES Mini, but I do have the NES Mini hooked up in the bedroom. I don't play it as much as I used to, but I do play it from time to time.

Michael Corvin 07-18-19 03:40 PM

I have both and played both within the last week. I love 'em. I wish Nintendo would put out an N64 one.

PhantomStranger 07-18-19 03:50 PM

Once in a great while. They did see some play for the first few months.

Michael Corvin 07-18-19 05:09 PM

I'll admit, they get more play now that I have a wireless controller. Dragging out cords in 2019 is not fun.

majorjoe23 07-18-19 09:22 PM

Sometimes, but I’m more likely to play a NES/SNES game on my 3Ds. My kids play them more.

The Cow 07-18-19 09:27 PM

Both are hooked up and hacked. I mess with them a couple times a month.

Rob V 07-19-19 09:11 AM

Play them? I still need to open them. Granted I didn't get the NES clone until about a year ago.

spainlinx0 07-19-19 10:56 AM

I have the SNES and it's been a while, but I will break it out again soon when I set up the screen outside.

milo bloom 07-19-19 11:24 AM

I had the SNES out a couple weekends ago to play Secret of Mana for the first time. Even with a guide that was a bit challenging, not sure why it has such a reputation.

And I still love Galaga on the NES, that's probably the one I've played the most on that system. I still want to do a SMB (original) straight completion. When I've beat it before it was using warp pipes.