DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Worst glitch you encountered in a console video game? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/648047-worst-glitch-you-encountered-console-video-game.html)

Sub-Zero 07-01-19 04:30 PM

Worst glitch you encountered in a console video game?

What is the worst glitch you encountered in a console video game?

OldBoy 07-01-19 07:01 PM

Re: Worst glitch you encountered in a console video game?

When that pos Anthem was downloaded to my system it would turn my Xbox on automatically, whenever, middle of night, when at work, didn’t matter. I talked about before and I shit you not. When it was released and I had it downloaded the glitch starting happening. Then I completely uninstalled. Turned instant on back on and hasn’t happened since. Now that’s one hell of a video game glitch!

ddrknghtrtns 07-01-19 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13572552)
When that pos Anthem was downloaded to my system it would turn my Xbox on automatically, whenever, middle of night, when at work, didn’t matter. I talked about before and I shit you not. When it was released and I had it downloaded the glitch starting happening. Then I completely uninstalled. Turned instant on back on and hasn’t happened since. Now that’s one hell of a video game glitch!

Sounds like a good (bad) horror story! DId the game and Xbox whisper to you in the middle of the night?

ultimaton 07-01-19 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero (Post 13572454)
What is the worst glitch you encountered in a console video game?

The Isabella speed glitch in Dragon Age 2 was gamebreaking, and BioWare's solution for months and months was to just start over and avoid using Isabella. All fine and good unless you'd already poured 30 hours into your game and weren't really interested in starting the RPG over from the start. That was the beginning of the end for me and BioWare.

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13572552)

That wasn't a glitch, you Xbox was haunted and a malevolent spirit in your house now watching you poop.

OldBoy 07-02-19 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by ultimaton (Post 13572612)
That wasn't a glitch, you Xbox was haunted and a malevolent spirit in your house now watching you poop.

i don't care if it watches me poop, i just don't want it to turn my XBOX on all day when i didn't turn it on and heating it up and stuff...

Groucho 07-02-19 01:17 PM

Eternal Darkness deleted all my saves as I was right near the end. :mad2:

Dan 07-02-19 05:29 PM

That Toyota Yaris game on Xbox 360.

Whenever I launched the game, it played.

asianxcore 07-04-19 12:57 PM

Beyond Good & Evil (PS2)

Even though I had beaten the game several times before this glitch popped up, it was the only instance of it happening.

Near the end of the game, a NPC assists you in opening a door that clearly is the next step out of the room. The NPC did not respond and I didn't have previous saves to return to :(

SunMonkey 07-04-19 07:12 PM

For me, it was the Wii’s system glitch of wiping entire GameCube memory cards.

OldBoy 07-07-19 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 13572952)

that sucks. i do hope you finally finished. great gaming experience. loved my Cube...

james2025a 07-08-19 07:18 AM

The two that came to mind for me were the slow down FPS for Skyrim on the PS3 when you got far into the game. The game became unplayable as i was getting about 2 frames a second. Also maybe more of a design flaw, but the flying level from Crysis was unplayable. Destroyed an otherwise great game.

Noonan 07-08-19 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 13572952)

You sure that wasn't just one of the game fakes? lol

badlieut 07-08-19 11:54 AM

Played a 162 game season on Bases Loaded on NES (had a lot of time as a kid) barely losing a game and then expecting to trounce in the playoffs and see the World Series celebration. Well, my game just ended with the season and it wouldn't advance. Those were the days of writing down ultra long codes to save your game.

DRG 07-08-19 11:55 AM

I got Mass Effect Andromeda for cheap one Black Friday. I knew the game was slammed on release, but my the time I was playing it seemed like they had patched away most of the really bad stuff and I was enjoying the game. I like to take my time with these sorts of games, so I had easily 75+ hours into this game and was about 90% done with the story when the game locked up on me. No problem, I just reset my system. Now the game won't load past the title screen. I search and find this is an error that's happened to other people and there is no fix but to clear the game data and start over. Nope, not doing all those micro missions, armor crafting, dialog windows, etc. over again.

Trevor 07-08-19 12:15 PM

^ I had a glitch sort of like that in the original Half-Life. Played it slow and methodically, got fairly close to the finish iirc, then something glitched where a trigger event didn’t happen and all my saves were past that point. Never went back and re-played.