Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Old 06-11-19, 12:49 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,846
Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)








No XBOX
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 06-11-19, 12:57 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,846
re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)




Pre-order and get rewards. It's that easy. My Best Buy® members receive $10 in reward certificates with pre-order and purchase of qualifying physical or digital games.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&keys=keys




https://store.na.square-enix-games.c...ss-edition-ps4
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 06-11-19, 12:59 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,846
re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

I'll put it here

gerrythedon is offline  
Old 06-11-19, 10:47 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Obi-Wan Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 10,685
re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

So with the forthcoming remake of VII and remaster of VIII, all the single player games from that point forward except for XIII will be available on current gen consoles, yes? I've been meaning to replay everything from VII forward for years now (I actually played the whole series up to VII early in the PS3 console generation, but stopped in the middle of that game and never resumed). Now I'm reluctant to sink a ton of time into something that I don't get any trophies for (yes, I'm one of THOSE people) so this might finally get me to jump back in.
Obi-Wan Jabroni is offline  
Old 06-11-19, 10:51 AM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 208
re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post



Pre-order and get rewards. It's that easy. My Best Buy® members receive $10 in reward certificates with pre-order and purchase of qualifying physical or digital games.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&keys=keys




https://store.na.square-enix-games.c...ss-edition-ps4



$10 in rewards and $16 off the Deluxe Edition with my Best Buy Gamer's account. Huzzah!
faust69 is offline  
Old 06-11-19, 11:22 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 43,664
re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Thanks. Ordered the Deluxe edition and used RZ certificate to boot!

Last edited by Decker; 06-11-19 at 02:35 PM.
Decker is online now  
Old 06-11-19, 12:13 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,023
re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
So with the forthcoming remake of VII and remaster of VIII, all the single player games from that point forward except for XIII will be available on current gen consoles, yes? I've been meaning to replay everything from VII forward for years now (I actually played the whole series up to VII early in the PS3 console generation, but stopped in the middle of that game and never resumed). Now I'm reluctant to sink a ton of time into something that I don't get any trophies for (yes, I'm one of THOSE people) so this might finally get me to jump back in.
That is correct. It's just the 3 XIII games that aren't on current consoles. I wouldn't be surprised to see them release a trilogy set at some point. XIII & XIII-2 are both great games (XIII-3 added a game timer which immediately put me off the game so I never played it).
The Questyen is offline  
Old 06-18-19, 09:16 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
ultimaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,744
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

The Lightning trilogy is backwards compatible on the XBone and is XBox One X enhanced.
ultimaton is offline  
Old 06-21-19, 12:08 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,065
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

My body is ready...
csant is offline  
Old 06-21-19, 02:18 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,325
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

I'm still a little confused about this release. It's not the full game but just a section of FF7? From reading a couple articles it sounds like there are going to be a few releases. I'm not sure how they are getting away with that for a $60 game or where they are going to be breaking off the different releases, but that sounds bizzare. They should have just stuck with the cheaper chapter releases at that point.
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 06-21-19, 03:32 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 38,979
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
I'm still a little confused about this release. It's not the full game but just a section of FF7? From reading a couple articles it sounds like there are going to be a few releases. I'm not sure how they are getting away with that for a $60 game or where they are going to be breaking off the different releases, but that sounds bizzare. They should have just stuck with the cheaper chapter releases at that point.
From what they've been saying, this isn't a direct remake of FF7 -- I guess with FF7 Remake: The First Part covering the time in Midgar only, but drastically expanded. Not surprising as the takedown of Midgar did have a standalone episode feel in the original game.

The pricing is a little ridiculous to an extent, but it really does matter how much content is involved.

Last edited by RichC2; 06-21-19 at 03:44 PM.
RichC2 is offline  
Old 07-05-19, 04:11 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 18,134
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Wow. I gave up video games years ago but this makes me want to buy the system. Holy shit it looks incredible. Final Fantasy VII also held a special place in my heart.
Sonic is offline  
Old 07-06-19, 05:07 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,860
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Watching a video of that protracted boss fight made me not want anything to do with this game.
It's like they're artificially lengthening it in order to cover up the fact that they're splitting it up.
slop101 is offline  
Old 09-11-19, 10:57 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,846
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Oh Yeah!
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 09-12-19, 06:33 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 18,134
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

That looks beyond incredible.
Sonic is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 09:23 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,846
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Feature a 'Classic' Battle Mode


https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09...ic-battle-mode
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 09-24-19, 10:39 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,846
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)


gerrythedon is offline  
Old 09-25-19, 12:46 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,023
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

The fact that they're not mentioning anywhere on the cover that this isn't a complete game is pretty shady. They haven't even mentioned how many episodes this game is going to take and in all likelihood is going to end up completing on the PS5.
The Questyen is offline  
Old 09-25-19, 01:07 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,477
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (3/3/2020: PS4)

Menus look really nice.

Spoiler:




Spoiler:

EinCB is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.