Reload this Page >

Halo Infinite: Xbox One / Xbox Series S | X - 12/8/21

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Halo Infinite: Xbox One / Xbox Series S | X - 12/8/21

Old 01-17-22, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 60 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: Halo Infinite: Xbox One / Xbox Series S | X - 12/8/21

Completed it on NORMAL 100%. Too many fucking deaths. The first thing I upgraded completely was my Shields and that didn't help. After that I upgraded fully the Wall and just used that during every battle asap. Anyway enjoyed it and took a long damn time to get everything. Since I really didn't use vehicles, I like to walk/run in open world games. Gonna replay it on easy and do a quick run to get achievement.
Old 01-18-22, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 132 Likes on 98 Posts

Still playing campaign and still enjoying. But man the open world makes it harder for me. Im so used to going from A to B and shooting

Yesterday I finished the beacons to assemble the sequence. Whew, that should have been worth more than 10 points.
Old 01-18-22, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 768 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post
Completed it on NORMAL 100%. Too many fucking deaths.
It's definitely the toughest Halo campaign on the default difficulty. (I played on Normal as well.) I didn't completely 100% it -- still have skulls to get and a bunch of propaganda towers to blow up -- but I did everything else on the map, and I did enough of the side activities to unlock all the weapons/vehicles at the FOBs.

The toughest bits for me were the two battles against the cloaked badniks. Less because of the invisibility and more because I went in with dumb loadouts. I don't even know how I beat the second one late in the game. I was on attempt #-don't-even-wanna-guess, he was on the lower level, I was on the upper level, I wasn't actively firing or anything, and...a voiceover started playing and a waypoint appeared. I'll take the win, but I wish I knew what I did to at long last achieve victory!

The first thing I upgraded completely was my Shields and that didn't help.
I prioritized the grapple since it's both offensive and defensive. I could zip out of the way to let my shields recharge, and, when upgraded, I could also stun an enemy and zip towards 'em for a heavy melee hit (and they'd still be stunned long enough that I could finish off the heavier Brutes with a shot or two).

Since I really didn't use vehicles, I like to walk/run in open world games.
I did miss the vehicle-heavy areas of previous Halo games since those are usually my favorites, and I moved almost completely by foot, even with all the FOB options. Once I unlocked the Wasp, though, that was my go-to.

I forget which one it was, but there was a priority target (whatever those miniboss guys are called) very close to a FOB who whomped me on my first attempt. So I brought a Scorpion from the FOB to the battlefield, thinking a couple of blasts would do it. No such luck, and besides, reinforcements were being airlifted in. So I started blasting the enemy ship with the Scorpion, it crashlanded onto the target, and it instantly killed him. Another accidental success!

So, yeah, I wish there were more areas explicitly oriented around vehicles, and I wish there were maybe some more diversity in areas (no matter where you are on the map, it's awfully same-y), but I'm still very tempted to say it's my all-time favorite Halo campaign. Definitely my favorite since 3, anyway.
The following users liked this post:
gerrythedon (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 148 Likes on 101 Posts

I played on Heroic and it did seem tougher to me than my memory of Heroic on previous games, but I'm not sure if that is actually the case or not. The toughest fight for me was the Brute brothers boss fight, but it didn't take too many tries. I had to scavenge around the island for ammo though.
Old 01-18-22, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Only the boss fights were hard to me. Everything in the open world was really easy if you just loaded up a vehicle full of marines with great weapons or just fired at things from afar with the tank.
Old 01-18-22, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 148 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517 View Post
Only the boss fights were hard to me. Everything in the open world was really easy if you just loaded up a vehicle full of marines with great weapons or just fired at things from afar with the tank.
I had the tank unlocked, but thinking about it now, I did not use it even once.

I mainly used the car that you could load up full of marines and the flying vehicle (to traverse quickly).
Old 01-18-22, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 514 Likes on 365 Posts

I finally played a few hours. Not sure how I feel about the open world. It's alright. The narrative isn't as tight because you're just running around doing whatever.

I'm just rolling on Normal and it hasn't seemed too difficult. I've done lots of Heroic and Legendary runs on the previous games, but figured I'd just take this one easy. They unplayed pile is too large to waste time redoing battles 5x.