DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/647731-call-duty-modern-warfare-2019-not-confused-call-duty-4-modern-warfare.html)

OldBoy 10-31-19 06:51 PM

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

And why do they mostly make up insurgent country names, yet we’re always USA. Is that not to piss off other nations? Then why can use Russia and some other real countries like UK (Not just this game)? And how do you know when chapter ends? There are cut scenes, but no chapter titles or anything except new location change...

slop101 11-01-19 10:20 AM

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13633265)
Anyone finish this and know how long SP campaign is?

6 to 10 hours.

OldBoy 11-01-19 01:02 PM

you really get into the characters too. seeing backstory and even playing as younger character. Farah for instance. gives them depth and feel more and twists too, really surprising how much i am liking. and it's not a cake walk. i die.

OldBoy 11-01-19 04:03 PM

I will say this...the campaign goes in a blink of an eye. I’ve been only playing a few hours since release and only have 4 chapters to go. I feel like I barely did anything. But it has been fun till now...

james2025a 11-02-19 04:33 PM

I flew through this campaign last weekend and had a blast doing so. This is the first time ever I have gotten into the multiplayer for a COD game and I am actually really liking that as well. Some levels are certainly better than others, but hearing that remasters from older games are coming this month (and I believe for free) that will keep my interest for some time to come. COD is back on the right track it seems.

OldBoy 11-02-19 05:12 PM

you know, it is fun and i'm almost done, but seems more cutscenes than action. little disappointed in that aspect thus far. i felt barely begun and on second to last mission. but, still like the fluidity and simpleness and shooting of course. i dunno. we'll see how it ends...

OldBoy 11-03-19 02:30 PM

wow! was that over before you know it. i don't think i have even finished a game in under months let alone 1 week. it was good and emotional, but before you know it it's over. it went so quick and felt like not a whole lot to do. hope the sequel is longer. oh well, still fun. i may have to go to the remastered original to get more of a fix before i go back to Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3...

OldBoy 11-03-19 06:03 PM

Anyone else finish SP and have thoughts?

gmanca 11-03-19 10:17 PM

It was pretty short but I dug it; I believe the flashback with the revolver is broken.

tanman 11-04-19 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13634475)
wow! was that over before you know it. i don't think i have even finished a game in under months let alone 1 week. it was good and emotional, but before you know it it's over. it went so quick and felt like not a whole lot to do. hope the sequel is longer. oh well, still fun. i may have to go to the remastered original to get more of a fix before i go back to Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3...

COD games have super short campaigns. I remember finishing MW2 in one day, Maybe even one session? Which I don't mind so much. I oftentimes which games were shorter like that.

OldBoy 11-04-19 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by tanman (Post 13634627)
COD games have super short campaigns. I remember finishing MW2 in one day, Maybe even one session? Which I don't mind so much. I oftentimes which games were shorter like that.

i know, but IW made this whole deal about focusing on SP (after hearing fan crys or whatever) and while it was good, it was blink and you missed it.

SmackDaddy 11-04-19 08:37 AM

Anyone else have issues in MP with the filter not working? I have TDM and DM turned "off" but I still keep getting placed in those game types.

Rival11 11-04-19 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy (Post 13634700)
Anyone else have issues in MP with the filter not working? I have TDM and DM turned "off" but I still keep getting placed in those game types.

Make sure you hit "X" (or whatever button on PS4) to make sure the second set of game modes aren't checked - you'll see the page flip when you hit the button. only make sure one yellow bullet appears on the mode you want.

Rival11 11-04-19 08:43 AM

Campaign was good but not memorable at all.

SmackDaddy 11-04-19 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 13634703)
Make sure you hit "X" (or whatever button on PS4) to make sure the second set of game modes aren't checked - you'll see the page flip when you hit the button. only make sure one yellow bullet appears on the mode you want.

The modes are selected/unselected properly. It worked perfectly the first few days, then the last couple of days it seems to ignore my filter. Not a huge deal, but I prefer objective based games so the filter (when working) is a great addition.

Rob V 11-04-19 10:28 AM

I'm finding most modes to feature a ton of campers... I try to stick to Domination as I'm better at playing objectives than trying to out-duel Mountain Dew'd up tweens.

gmanca 11-04-19 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy (Post 13634742)
The modes are selected/unselected properly. It worked perfectly the first few days, then the last couple of days it seems to ignore my filter. Not a huge deal, but I prefer objective based games so the filter (when working) is a great addition.

The filter resets every time you start the game, could be just backing out to the main menu does it.

edit: seems like they fixed this, it should stay filtered

OldBoy 11-04-19 07:05 PM

I’m going back to remastered original and then 2 to get my true fix. this new one didn't do it for me and scratch the itch entirely...

ytrez 11-05-19 07:01 AM

I'm admittedly not the best COD player but those Spec Ops missions are hard as hell.

Rob V 11-06-19 02:12 PM

I have no business being as good at CoD as I am. I think the last 4 years of Rainbow Six Siege have forced me to be more precise with my shooting and I routinely come in top 2 of all my matches right now.

K&AJones 11-06-19 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ytrez (Post 13635158)
I'm admittedly not the best COD player but those Spec Ops missions are hard as hell.

This was one area that intrigued me about COD...sort of sounded like their version of The division's Raid...but I've read it on several places that this is broken...like unbearable hard with the AI way to OP. Which i probably why i don't see much feedback and input on that mode. I'll play MP but I much prefer modes like Survival/Horde/Defend in PvE....to this day Horde in Gears of War remains the staple.....I hope they get it fixed and also add more to it.

OldBoy 11-07-19 07:35 PM

Man, you guys are so right...these MW campaigns are so short. Objectives completed in under 10-15 minutes sometimes. Fuck. Couple hours, half already finished. My fix is still itching. I have 2 set to go next but not make it before Fallen Order as I really want to start on that. We’ll see...

No others releasing big after Fallen Order, right?

uteotw 11-08-19 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13636638)
Man, you guys are so right...these MW campaigns are so short. Objectives completed in under 10-15 minutes sometimes. Fuck. Couple hours, half already finished. My fix is still itching. I have 2 set to go next but not make it before Fallen Order as I really want to start on that. We’ll see...

No others releasing big after Fallen Order, right?

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm on hardened and it's challenging (for me) and takes longer. I still recall the day I beat the first MW on veteran, that final airplane mission tried 1000 times, "weapons free..."

And even though it's short I think many of the missions are pretty fantastic. Just captured
Spoiler:
The Wolf and shot him in the head.
Good times.

OldBoy 11-08-19 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by uteotw (Post 13636881)
What difficulty are you playing on? I'm on hardened and it's challenging (for me) and takes longer. I still recall the day I beat the first MW on veteran, that final airplane mission tried 1000 times, "weapons free..."

And even though it's short I think many of the missions are pretty fantastic. Just captured
Spoiler:
The Wolf and shot him in the head.
Good times.

i was actually talking about the remastered original. i played this current one on normal. yeah, it was good, but just too damn short...

uteotw 11-18-19 05:30 PM

Just went through and re-played the campaign on Veteran. Definitely more challenging, but not maddeningly so.

I was trying to get the Tunnel Rat trophy, where you do the caves in Wolf's Den using only the 1911 pistol. I thought I did, but then I didn't get it. Turns out when I used a single flash bang to blind it nullified my great achievement, which was super annoying. So then I went back and did it on Casual in nothing flat. Oh well. I'd say my favorite are the times when you're clearing a house--so well done and pretty intense.