Reload this Page >

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Old 08-07-19, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Just a reminder for anyone who pro-ordered any version...the Open Beta is September 5th thru 8th...I still need to pre-order and not sure which version but I just cannot justify going from the $60 Standard to the $100.00 Gold Edition. What happened to the $79.99 Digital Deluxe ones we would see all the time.....there will be plenty to do for a long, long time in the normal game....which I'll probably end up getting...
Old 08-07-19, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Just a reminder for anyone who pro-ordered any version...the Open Beta is September 5th thru 8th...I still need to pre-order and not sure which version but I just cannot justify going from the $60 Standard to the $100.00 Gold Edition. What happened to the $79.99 Digital Deluxe ones we would see all the time.....there will be plenty to do for a long, long time in the normal game....which I'll probably end up getting...
Yeah I'm in the exact same boat. Instead now it's $60/$100/$120. Seems kinda ridiculous to me, though I am very much looking forward to the game itself, so I'll likely just go Standard.
Old 08-08-19, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts

Standard for me and I'll take a "wait and see" on the d/l content. I was not impressed with the last offering.
Old 08-08-19, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got some of those Wildlands Packs I've never even touched because the main game just kept us busy and was plenty. Considering Auroa by all accounts will be about the same land mass as Wildlands....that's a lot of area to explore and see for a long, long time....

Plus I know some who got the Division 2 Gold Edition for the extras, 3-Day Advance Play and all and not one feels like it was really worth it and wish they didn't do it. I think a lot of these Season passes, Seasonal Content. all these extra DLC packs seem to be getting out-of-hand in some cases. I saw where Microsoft with Gears 5 said No Season Pass, No Gear Boxes and all Future DLC Maps will be free. Warframe (Digital Extremes) keeps churning out new content and DLC stuff and never charges anything. Techland dished out an amazing amount of Free Content for Dying Light for 2+ years.....I guess though if there's plenty willing to pay then they'll keep issuing $100 to $200 Editions...to each their own I guess...yea, Standard for me...
Old 08-29-19, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

hey

Two of us are now re-thinking on getting the Gold Edition but we still don't understand the part where "...get early unlock to three new classes"...because everything I've seen says all four of the classes...Sharpshooter, Assault, Field Medic & Panther...are available at launch with 30 perks (most for PvP Mode). is this something like with new classes coming...and they have said there will be more...early access to them or what.

And what does the Spec Ops Forces Pack include...seems like a Helm, Vest, Pants and a Special Rifle...but I cannot find out the details on it.

Last edited by K&AJones; 08-29-19 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-29-19, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts

I still can't figure out what is in the Season Pass for Division 2. Ubi has been really weird with their paid DLC lately, at least for the Tom Clancy games. Seems like pointless cosmetic stuff and (slightly) early access to upgrades. Pass
Old 09-03-19, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone who did the PO get their Beta key/DL update yet?....where and how is it coming; email, PS Store?
Old 09-03-19, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I bought the Gold Edition pre-order, but i doubt i will have early access. Bestbuy didn't seem to have anything about it, and nothing on my receipt said anything about it. I will check the PS Store if by chance something there, but again....doubt it.
Old 09-03-19, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by james2025a
I bought the Gold Edition pre-order, but i doubt i will have early access. Bestbuy didn't seem to have anything about it, and nothing on my receipt said anything about it. I will check the PS Store if by chance something there, but again....doubt it.
It gets released three days early so unless you don't pick it up or your mail gets delayed, you will.
If you look at bestbuy.com you will see that the regular version has a release date of 10/4/19 and the Gold Edition has a release date of 10/1/19.
Old 09-05-19, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anybody actually play the beta? I'm reading awful things on the official Ubi forums. People are stating the game is more Division 2 than Wildlands (spongey bullets, leveling up, etc). I don't particularly care for The Division games so this is alarming. I might cancel my pre-order but I'm still very aware this was a beta.
Old 09-05-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
It gets released three days early so unless you don't pick it up or your mail gets delayed, you will.
If you look at bestbuy.com you will see that the regular version has a release date of 10/4/19 and the Gold Edition has a release date of 10/1/19.
Well stores in PR are not generally reliable. Also i SERIOUSLY doubt that i will have access to the Beta starting today as i have no email or anything, even though anyone pre-ordering the Gold Edition is supposed to get it.
Old 09-05-19, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob V
Did anybody actually play the beta? I'm reading awful things on the official Ubi forums. People are stating the game is more Division 2 than Wildlands (spongey bullets, leveling up, etc). I don't particularly care for The Division games so this is alarming. I might cancel my pre-order but I'm still very aware this was a beta.
We're playing it tonight (PS4) when I get in. We haven't read anything, looked at streaming, or game sites and frankly I don't care to...I want to see for myself. There were plenty ripping the game BEFORE the beta but it was the same with The Division 1 & 2.Sadly there's some on those forums that do nothing but complain and gripe about anything.....and I wouldn't be surprised most are PC Players which Ubisoft bent over backwards for in The Division 2

We're going with a open mind and take our time trying out everything and making mental notes on what is what. We're interested in how the loot works, the personal damage and how it hampers you, the Specialized Classes and their bonus features, planning the missions around The Campfire, healing, resources and crafting and how the Leveling System does work..... there's a lot and I'm not surprised a bunch went out there as fast as they could to the Forums and YouTube hitting the panic and Doom & Gloom Button day one...probably the same ones who ripped the game before the beta even started.....and there's a lot on there that one has to ask, "If you're hating and complaining about the game already...why are you hanging around the forums doing noting but ripping the game"....probably a bunch of pro-COD, Battlefield Clowns.....
Old 09-05-19, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

If this game doesn't play like Wildlands and plays more like the Division 2 then I'm likely out.
Old 09-06-19, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still too early to give a full report and objective opinion. We started and wasn't soon they had some update and we had to leave. We just made it to The Camp...basically a HUB for all players....and looked around and all then called it. But there's some good and bad but we're going to do some tweaking in the options and see tonight...

Loot....well...a enemy can drop a piece of gear say a Helmet/Hat...you can't tell what it is until you pick it up...but, only one person gets it. And say you have three pairs of pants you picked up from enemies that are level 10 & up but one of your coop friends is still wearing a pair of Level 2....you cannot drop them or trade. You can only sell or break down but that only helps you with resources.
Chests...anything picked up in a Chest is shared and the same with everyone....get a MK17 Rifle...everyone gets it...
Ammo...one picks it up off a dead body...only they get it. However if it's something in a building, storage, desk, etc...you have to pick it up yourself.

Radar...this is something two of us didn't care for and we'll tinker with the Radar tonight. But most everything is set at dynamic which shows gear, chests, loot all over the place that takes away a bit of exploration and surprise....the enemy still shows up Red on the Radar. You don't even have to be close and stuff shows up. You can turn a lot of the stuff off entirely which we'll try tonight.

Crafting & Upgrading...we didn't mess with it but there is a lot of options with upgrading your guns...almost like COD...with all sort of small upgrades like stock, under barrel, sights, mag, grips, etc...you can add a point to the characteristics like damage, handling, recoil, etc...also. The question we have is on these weapons, how will they scale as you level up? There is a Level Number but we would like to know if you get a great 'Blue Level 15 Rifle" and upgrade it, will it be as good as say a Level 20....It could be like they are in The Division. Everything, Guns and gear has a Level next to it. haven't seen an option to upgrade the Gear though.

XP Level...we're still fuzzy on this as we went abound and looked at other players and couldn't figure it out...but some were Level 7 XP yet were carrying Level 20-25 gear and weapons. The two in my group are Level 9 and I'm 7...and we have stuff in the 5-10 range. XP is based on Kills no doubt and both of them just Run & Gun ahead of me....which I can foresee a issue if everyone is not on the same page. Because some are going to want to Level up fast and get the gear drops fast since you need both to advance. They got their choice of Class way before I did and they couldn't understand why I wasn't seeing it in my window...I knew but I didn't say anything. This could be an issue when everyone is trying to do their Class Challenges....
Old 09-06-19, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm cool with finding "upgrades" for your gun (like a scope or grip or rails)... but I don't want to have to constantly upgrade stuff or choose a new hat or gloves because they're level 15 and I'm wearing level 13. I might cancel my pre-order as I really don't enjoy TD2 and don't want more of that type of gameplay. I'd prefer to pickup Wildlands after some reviews and a price drop.
Old 09-06-19, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob V
I'm cool with finding "upgrades" for your gun (like a scope or grip or rails)... but I don't want to have to constantly upgrade stuff or choose a new hat or gloves because they're level 15 and I'm wearing level 13. I might cancel my pre-order as I really don't enjoy TD2 and don't want more of that type of gameplay. I'd prefer to pickup Wildlands after some reviews and a price drop.

I'm holding off till we play more...we barely scratched the surface as to whats what.....I tried looking for more info regarding the XP Level to Gear Level and how all that works. Can't say for sure but I get the feeling it's a bit out of Division with their Gear Levels. However...I haven't seen where there's a "Set Bonus" like The Division has which is cool. I know we've seen "Blue Weapons" in the shop for sale but we haven't seen Green or Blue Gear....which like in The Division each color gives you some better and more stats but you sure don't want to be wearing Level 20 Blue stuff when fighting Level 35 enemies. So if they put in a Set Bonus along with a way to enhance...well maybe.

But so far the Loot Drops are different than in The Division...I'm not going to sound the alarm quite yet till we get in deeper...but to me...it does have a bit of "Grab As Much Loot & XP Shooter" element over what Wildlands was where everyone didn't so much worry or concentrate on getting as much loot & kills so to level up and have a load of resources or to sell. Heck, even The Division is not like that because everyone is getting something. It could be a fine line between the Looter & Shooter and Tactical Survival depending on the players and group. Right now the other two just want to kill stuff....no planning or sneaking or being 'Ghosts"...so I'm going to stay back and watch and see if they become consumed with Grabbing Loot & Kills for XP over doing and completing objectives as a Team....if so I might be looking for a co-op partner or going solo....
Old 09-07-19, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm probably going to cancel my PO...is I can thru PS Store....I'm not getting that 'I'm having fun, accomplishing something, great with friends" vibe here. If I were to sum it up...it was a topic on the official forum..."We're Spending More Time Looting The Shooting"...in my case I felt it was not only that but too much micro-management opening this window for the map, opening this window for a new weapon, opening a window to upgrade weapons, opening a window to equip new gear,,,,and the Item Wheel I hate because you an only assign one item to the L1. If you want to change a normal grenade to another, you have to go into the Item Wheel and assign it. Not only that, with my Class, The Panther....you get Camo Spray to help hide you from drones....well you have to give up the Grenades to equip it.

And as I feared, one can get wrapped up trying and looking for Loot instead of concentrating on the mission at hand. We came across a facility with lots of enemies....I went thru three syringes in no time for health. I was still being shot at while one was going around looking for loot. I went down and he was yelling, "I found another rifle".....but there's other areas...like no Binoculars, Night Vision is pathetic, you can read a lot of the UI and only given the choice to increase Text in subtitles, We still can't tell on the Drink & Food rations on when you need something.

But I really don't like how the Skill Points with Class is used and how many you're limited to carry...like Skill Cards. While you can open up all sort of Skills, you can only carry two until you open a third slot (4 Skill Points) to allow three skills to carry. For example, The Panther Class is about stealth and there's plenty Skills for that but you also have Basic Ones for Ammo, Stamina, Endurance, Highlighting Resources, etc....but you can't load those you would need and a couple of ones that benefit your class at the same time.. It's unlike it was in Wildlands where you got points you put them in places and they stuck with you. Here you change out these Skill Cards but again, you can have a max of Three to carry.

As many are saying on the forum...it's The Division + Wildlands = Breakpoint Disaster...... maybe it'll work for some but for me it's not clicking right now....
Old 09-07-19, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Sounds like a hard pass for me. Should have just left it alone with how Wildlands were and continued the story. All of these RPG elements are killing the shooter games, in my opinion. Look, there is a guy with a level 15 hat and I only have a level 13 hat. I guess I better level up my hat before I take him on or he will just absorb my shots like Spongebob.
Old 09-07-19, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I managed to wrangle my beta access, left it downloading overnight and spent about 4 hours on it today.

Its at best a mixed bag. Right not I am thinking its bordering on total disaster. Everything that made Wild lands work seems to have been lost. Its slow, plodding, character movement is shoddy and annoying, action is slow and dull. The effects for explosions is pitiful, sound effects for guns and vehicles is possibly the worst I have ever heard between the last two console generations. Menus are HORRIBLY designed and you waste more time using them than playing the game. Sniping is no fun and action in general is just a trudge.

It does not help that they gave a story excuse of the is alien being evacuated when this superior force came in. The island feels empty by and large. The landscape seems rather unimaginative as well.

I honestly dont know what they have done, but this feels exactly how I felt when I was super excited for Just Cause 3, only to play it and realize that the developers decided to be lazy and not give a shit.

Somewhere in this might very well be a good game, maybe even a great game. But in order to get there it will take some serious overhauls and updates. Maybe in around a years time this might seem more appealing. I still jave my preceded in place, but pretty sure I am going to cancel that this week now. I just can't pay this much for a game so broken so close to release date.
Old 09-07-19, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've made up my mind I'm canceling but I don't see how this can be improved 24 days out. Just got to figure out how and who to contact PS4 on a refund since this will be the first time.

The two I played with are still playing the Demo but one has said she's disappointed in several areas along with what I said...not sure what they'll do but it's about 50/50 on the official forum. We've got Borderlands 3 coming and there's some good stuff next month I have my ye on...The Outer Worlds....but Breakpoint wasn't clicking with me in several areas and a few topics in the forums summed it up for me with titles like this.....'We're Spending More Time Looting Than Shooting"......
Old 09-08-19, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Appreciate you guys’ feedback, I’ll be passing on this one.
Old 09-08-19, 09:26 PM

I'm not out yet, but I have downgraded from a Gold Edition to vanilla. That will cost me $38 + tax after GCU and $10 RZ certificate you get for pre-ordering the game. For that price, I'm willing to check it out -- I think.
Old 09-09-19, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's a link to the official Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta General Discussion.....pretty interesting read and topics from everyone who played it.... https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisp...ral-Discussion
Old 09-09-19, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dammit... I am so bummed but I'll be canceling my pre-order too.
Old 09-09-19, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I officially cancelled mine today....first one ever but lately I've struck out with several games...Fallout 76, Anthem, Chaosbane….I'll just wait and see but I'll bet the house & farm that first week will see a lot of issues and one or two huge patches. Some on the forums are trying to defend it saying, "Hey guys....calm down....remember it's just a Beta"....but everyone fired back saying, "hey,,.what we're seeing is mostly the final build and this is to iron out some bugs; not make some major changes with the Loot System"... which has ticked off everyone along with a lot of other stuff....I fired up Wildlands and frankly I thought it looked and played better....I still need to do Fallen Ghosts....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.