Days Gone (Bend Studio) PS4 exclusive - 04/26/2019

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Days Gone (Bend Studio) PS4 exclusive - 04/26/2019

Old 12-03-19, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
Re: Days Gone (Bend Studio) PS4 exclusive - 04/26/2019

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
One thing I dislike: the inability to swim. Diving into water and swimming would be a nice option to use to escape zombies.
Maybe that made the game too easy?
Old 12-20-19, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I beat the game and got 100% of the collectibles to suppress my OCD. Excellent game, definitely a GOTY contender. Granted, I haven't played many others.

I still have like 8 hordes left to destroy (there's 48 total), but the 8 left are all hordes that number in the hundreds. It's very exciting taking on a horde, but also very tedious. You have to spend a considerable amount of time scavenging for all the parts you need for the bombs and traps you need to take them out.
Old 12-26-19, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got this early for Christmas and been playing it a lot. It has so many problems but manages to still be fun and addictive enough that it doesn't matter. The AI is atrocious, I've had bad guys run for cover behind the same log I was hiding behind and they don't see me. The stealth is pointless not just because of the bad AI but also because there's no incentive or reward to not get discovered.

Still having a lot of fun and the game world is huge, I just got a mission that unlocked the southern end of the map so I guess there's a lot left?!
​​​​
Old 12-26-19, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the southern end you're referring to is Lost Lake, there's more. In fact, it's south of Lost Lake. There are a total of 5 regions: Lost Lake, Belknap, Crater Lake, Highway 97, and Cascade
Old 12-26-19, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its Crater lake that just opened up to me.
Old 12-31-19, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Finished this one over the holidays. GOTY for me. The story and characters really sucked me in. Incredibly well acted even with the secondary characters like Mike and Skizo. I totally sucked at hordes and it took me days to get them beat. Running with nowhere to go but open field with hundreds of zombies on your tail and no stamina left. Yikes. Thank goodness that the game would let me run away, save, stock up and attack them again with the Sawmill horde.
Old 01-13-20, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I started this last week and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm about 10 hours in and I have mostly been working on exploring and clearing nests. I just discovered Tucker's camp. I'm worried that I haven't used my skill points wisely. I have used them all on melee so far and I probably should have used a couple on ranged weapons. I don't have the focused shot yet and I have been struggling with shooting. It's been a little terrifying when I have come up on hordes just trying to drive around or clear a nero checkpoint. I'm going to try to clear the nests at Crazy Willy's when I play again on Thursday.