Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

THE OUTER WORLDS: Xbox One / PS4 / PC

Old 02-15-19, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

THE OUTER WORLDS: Xbox One / PS4 / PC

Announced during The Game Awards in December, Obsidian's ambitious-looking first-person sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds is shaping up to be an intriguing blend of Fallout: New Vegas (which Obsidian made with Bethesda back in 2010) and BioShock, but in space.

There's a variety of insights into the upcoming game on Game Informer's YouTube channel (via Eurogamer) at the moment, straight out of the Obsidian's Irvine, California studio, with co-Game Director Tim Cain and Lead Designer Charles Staples providing a few interesting info nuggets on its latest project.

The first video showcases some new gameplay from The Outer Worlds, in which there's even a V.A.T.S.-style slow-motion system that grants valuable time to target enemies. Weapons include typically sci-fi lasers alongside more conventional firepower, as well as novel melee weapons like sledgehammers ans scythes.

These weapons will require maintenance and repair, while companions will also play a valuable role in combat, aiding you in a skirmish by drawing away enemy fire and lending a hand. With a range of RPG mechanics and systems also promised, The Outer Worlds certainly looks promising.

Game Informer also has a second video in which the game's Co-Director Leonard Boyarsky offers his response to the negative feedback that Fallout 76 has been subjected to. Both videos are pretty interesting. The Outer Worlds will be heading to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC sometime in 2019 under Take-Two's Private Division label.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...ew-Videos.html

Old 02-16-19, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: THE OUTER WORLDS: Xbox One / PS4 / PC

The humor in this one reminds me of the Space Quest / Roger Wilco games for some reason, not a bad thing.
Old 02-16-19, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gameinformer is doing a massive in depth series on The Outer Worlds this month...there's a great deal with more to come starting Monday looking at some other places you'll be visiting. Pretty good read..... https://www.gameinformer.com/theouterworlds
Old 02-16-19, 08:48 AM
gamer for life

Space/Sci-FI/RPG from a company with a history of quality...

DAY FUCKING ONE
Old 02-17-19, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They'll be using The Unreal 4 Engine which is fine with me. It might not look as polished compared to a lot of games out there....but it does retain that sort of rough-around-the-edge Fallout look. I know the Outer Worlds vs Fallout 76 is inevitable which the guys heading Obsidian apparently don't care for some ripping FO76 using The Outer Worlds for comparison, the Unreal 4 was released in June 2, 2012 while Bethesda's Creation Engine was in November 2011....seems to be some stark contrasts. In terms of performance and technical issues, from what little I read The U4 seems more stable and made for current system & hardware vs The Creation Engine. I just know what I saw playing FO76...was like playing some games from the mid-360 era....