DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Division 2 (PS4, XB1, PC) 3/15/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/646704-division-2-ps4-xb1-pc-3-15-19-a.html)

Rival11 03-30-20 08:50 AM

Re: The Division 2 (PS4, XB1, PC) 3/15/19

Still loving it - the control point you clear with the christmas music going and the fireworks exploding was awesome. My only gripe, the missions are way, way, way too long.

K&AJones 04-03-20 11:00 AM

Well...if anyone was using the DPS and/or Boss Revival Glitch that was well known, being promoted by YouTubers and bragged about two weeks ago....hope you were happy for awhile with all that awesome loot you thought you were racking & stacking up...because it's going away plus you get a 7 Day Ban ....rolling back saves to March 17th....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#5d34ad087a2e

lopper 04-03-20 07:00 PM

I spent hours grinding the Tombs mission in New York trying to get the Bullet King to drop, easily playing the mission 30 times over the course of a couple weeks. I decided to try the other NY Rikers mission, Wall Street, and it dropped first time. Now I have no idea what to do with myself. I have no purpose...

I re-spec'd my gear towards a skill build, which has actually been really fun. I'd like to run solo missions with two offensive skills, but I'm a little too fragile and still need to have the Repair Drone on hand.

K&AJones 04-07-20 07:06 AM

We completed The Expedition at Kinsley College last two night two-manning it...that was pretty fun with three separate buildings with stuff from solving to defending....we got The Diamondback Rifle out of it and that thing is just weird to look at plus loads like a shotgun. I'm still running a Hybrid Skill with 4 Tier Points while still dishing weapon damage with just enough armor, armor regen, hazard and health plus the extra tier buffs are doing wonders with The Hive.

DaveNinja 04-08-20 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 13719517)
We completed The Expedition at Kinsley College last two night two-manning it...that was pretty fun with three separate buildings with stuff from solving to defending....we got The Diamondback Rifle out of it and that thing is just weird to look at plus loads like a shotgun. I'm still running a Hybrid Skill with 4 Tier Points while still dishing weapon damage with just enough armor, armor regen, hazard and health plus the extra tier buffs are doing wonders with The Hive.

Is the Diamondback at level 40? I have it from before the expansion so its back at like 300 or whatever

Decker 04-08-20 01:06 PM

I was going to wait for a sale, but I might just go ahead and buy Warlords of NY now. I want to keep playing and being capped at 30 makes that a useless endeavor after a while.

K&AJones 04-08-20 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja (Post 13720289)
Is the Diamondback at level 40? I have it from before the expansion so its back at like 300 or whatever

Well mine is and my roll was totally different from my friend...she got a huge boost in Rifle Damage while mine was Crit Chance and Damage. Just I wish I could add a bigger magazine. It does the job highlighting enemies.

Rival11 04-10-20 09:56 PM

I completed the warlords of New York expansion - they did a great job with it. Also, the real reason why you can't return to DC until after you beat warlords is because there is a ton of new stuff waiting for you in DC when you get back including three new islands and another main boss\sub-boss wheel to take on.

Also, I want to make clear that whether you buy the DLC or not, they changed the games entire main mission structure and you WILL have to play some missions multiple times but it's cook because they are different altogether (i.e. invaded missions) all you have to do is go into the progression menu and under main missions, just trust what it says even if you've already completed the mission - for example, when I completed the manning zoo level it showed as completed but then under the progression menu under recommendations for the next main mission, it still said manning zoo - I didn't know I had to replay it....I eventually just did. The second time around on the same mission is much cooler too.

The mission are just too damn long though - some of these can last a good hour, well maybe not that long but it feels like it. Yes, the game is super repetitive but damn it's fun - this is my favorite game for multiplayer as you really do feel like a tight squad.

As far being able to play solo on the missions - well, you'll only get so far so that was a lie from Ubisoft but I get it, this game is made to play as a team - I just set the matchmaking and wait for people to show up then i start the missions.

Going back to Call of Duty after this wasn't satisfying at all but I've played this game WAY TOO MUCH over the past two weeks so I'm waiting on both Doom games to arrive in the mail.

K&AJones 04-11-20 08:01 AM

Glad you finished WoNY and enjoyed it...they really did an outstanding job of re-doing New York after a Hurricane.....you have to slightly adjust going from Wash D.C where it's more wide open to the cramp narrow streets of NY....

Yea some missions can be long and even repetitive but it does really depend on Teammates. There's just two of us and we play Hard and some Challenging and sometimes we can go thru like four of us have been playing together for ages and then sometimes we get 1-2 you believe they're Superman and just has to be first going all out ahead solo. We found when we stick close and plus have the right mixture of Skills, it can be like clock-work....

However it's not exactly been rewarding since the last two updates...we've noticed and seen about 90% of the Gear we're getting; weapons to Armor...is totally useless....not even close to breaking down in the Recalibration Stand. A great deal of what I use was stuff I picked up 2-4 weeks ago that I had 2-3 attributes almost 80-95% over. Lately the majority of gear, especially Armor is anywhere from 10% to 70%...and doesn't matter what mission or event. Here and there I get something I can break down but we've noticed the difference.....we've been pounding away at the Weekly Stuff this week and drop wise, it's been really horrible.....strangely though, weapons have been somewhat better with higher attributes.

Rival11 04-11-20 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 13721790)
Glad you finished WoNY and enjoyed it...they really did an outstanding job of re-doing New York after a Hurricane.....you have to slightly adjust going from Wash D.C where it's more wide open to the cramp narrow streets of NY....

Yea some missions can be long and even repetitive but it does really depend on Teammates. There's just two of us and we play Hard and some Challenging and sometimes we can go thru like four of us have been playing together for ages and then sometimes we get 1-2 you believe they're Superman and just has to be first going all out ahead solo. We found when we stick close and plus have the right mixture of Skills, it can be like clock-work....

However it's not exactly been rewarding since the last two updates...we've noticed and seen about 90% of the Gear we're getting; weapons to Armor...is totally useless....not even close to breaking down in the Recalibration Stand. A great deal of what I use was stuff I picked up 2-4 weeks ago that I had 2-3 attributes almost 80-95% over. Lately the majority of gear, especially Armor is anywhere from 10% to 70%...and doesn't matter what mission or event. Here and there I get something I can break down but we've noticed the difference.....we've been pounding away at the Weekly Stuff this week and drop wise, it's been really horrible.....strangely though, weapons have been somewhat better with higher attributes.

Yes!! I noticed the gear issues as well! Seems like no matter what I used it didn't matter. The only thing that seemed to without question work are the upgrades from Keener's watch (which is a nice addition as makes even lowered powered weapons more effective). Also, I dont like what they did with the strikers gear as well, it's basically up to chance on what happens.

Still, I cant wait for the 3rd installment now that they've made the game friendly to casual gamers like myself, I'm really addicted to it now.

K&AJones 04-13-20 06:25 AM

I told my co-op partner last night this week I'll play but no-where near last two weeks of 3-4 hours a night working on all the weekly stuff. I almost wished I kept a log of what I picked up and what was saved, put in Recalibrations and trashed/sold. Compared to several other games I'm playing now....Assassins Creed Odyssey, Elder Scrolls Online, Warframe and just started Dark Souls 3....the amount of loot drops vs saved/trashed ratio is way better....there's a better feeling at the nd of the day/night playing was worth it and more satisfying.....with D2, it's been 'Good" to knock out projects, points and missions but majority of the time it's been like working for free.....

I've been running trying a Six Tier Turret Sniper Build using The Hive...it's been fun and The Hive has a huge radius and low cooldown...but I told my friend to try and mix it up and maybe bring some life back in to the game try some other build ideas with what I have... maybe a Pistol & Shield, Shotgun, all-crit...just something...and on The green Sets...I tried one but the Gold Items have had better stats and results it seems at least to me...plus the Backpack and Chest pc on the Green is missing on attribute compared to the Gold Items...they need to make these green Sets a bit more lucrative and special....