DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Division 2 (PS4, XB1, PC) 3/15/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/646704-division-2-ps4-xb1-pc-3-15-19-a.html)

Deftones 03-19-19 06:37 PM

Re: The Division 2 (PS4, XB1, PC) 3/15/19

I just played with my buddy. What a shitshow. He was only lvl 3 and I was 12. It scaled everything to 10-13. He was buffed, but he would still get killed frequently. There has to be a better middle ground there.

Keith6601 03-20-19 05:33 PM

Even as a lower level getting killed repeatedly, I'm having a lot more fun than the first game.

Rival11 03-20-19 10:38 PM

Ok guys, the secret to ending the frustration is to realize you just CAN'T play solo and go into matchmaking and just start the missions that way, I had an absolute blast and it was cool to see damn near all the skills used with all attributes. We were a party of 5 and just breezed through the mission (well, not breezed but it was a lot of fun). Didn't take long to start the mission after selecting matchmaking either.

K&AJones 03-21-19 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 13520034)
Ok guys, the secret to ending the frustration is to realize you just CAN'T play solo and go into matchmaking and just start the missions that way, I had an absolute blast and it was cool to see damn near all the skills used with all attributes. We were a party of 5 and just breezed through the mission (well, not breezed but it was a lot of fun). Didn't take long to start the mission after selecting matchmaking either.

Yep...that is what one friend did when he got early access and two of us didn't. First couple of days in to it. I was like..."Darn...he's really good....leveling up that fast solo". So on Friday when we start he jumps in with a new character and we ask him....he said everything he did he just called for help and had no problem.

But..I will tell this what a friend had happen to her the other night with the so-called Call For Help Matchmaking.....
Normally she has two others that she plays with but they were off in another game. So she wanted to do a Main Mission, got to the point and "Called For Help"...waited awhile and no-one showed so she said screw it, went in and actually made it past the "First Two Checkpoints"...right before starting in the Third, two players joined who were together, same Level 24....she's a Level 25. The game bumped her to the starting point...didn't bring them in to where she was. She was furious as all what she did was wasted. But not only that she said the difficulty got much harder and spent more time reviving the other two than fighting. She said for some stupid reason, they hardly even used their skills and one kept telling the other to use it. She said after almost 45 minutes and not even finishing the second checkpoint, she quit out.

We told her unless she parks the game for awhile and we get up there...we're Level 15.5 now...we cannot help and felt bad for her. I had to wonder how does someone get to Level 24 and not hardly use the skills? With us two we're throwing out Chem Launcher and Turret as fast as we can.....and the Oxidizer on the Chem gun....works like a charm on any and all especially on a Boss. No matter what...someone in the group needs to have that equipped. And once again our Drones saved us. It's actually pretty cool looking at night when both of us have them out. Instead of Agents we sort of look like we're about to be beamed somewhere....

Rival11 03-22-19 12:23 PM

I'm not aware of the issue you're talking about and that sounds messed up but just to be clear, I'm also NOT talking about using "call for help" I'm talking about highlighting over a mission on the map and selecting "Matchmaking" - I don't know if you can do this with side missions and other non-main story stuff.

The call for help thing is a gimmick in my opinion but it does come in handy at times as well (with stuff like control points where you can even call in the AI teams as well).

K&AJones 04-05-19 08:41 AM

New update drops today..... https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/27/18...5-release-date

The Division's 2 Engame Content Arrives April 5....Tidal Basin and Tier 5

Video on the update, three new Gear Sets, Two New Exotics Weapons, showcasing of Tidal Basin layout, Operation dark hours, the first 8 Man Raid in Division's History and a quick shot of the Forth Specialization planned....

<iframe width="740" height="416" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Po9HMZUozoU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deftones 04-05-19 11:29 AM

I hit lvl cap and just got to World Tier 1. I tried a mission w/ the Black Tusks. Holy shit that is hard when you are solo.

Noonan 04-05-19 11:50 AM

Looks like they added an Easter Egg teasing the next AC game.

https://kotaku.com/odd-tease-in-the-...nex-1833838193

K&AJones 04-05-19 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13528520)
I hit lvl cap and just got to World Tier 1. I tried a mission w/ the Black Tusks. Holy shit that is hard when you are solo.

It's not meant to do solo....Even two us at Tier 1 had a hard time. I had three tell us they made it where you almost need four people which we ended up calling in help....it was mainly good but did have a couple just drop out after dying the first time. We hit Tier 2 and a fried asked us to help her with a Tier 4 Control Point....that was insane. We played the entire Level 1 to 30 together and starting at Tier 1 has basically made it into a new game...and also having four players almost needed that actually has been pretty fun.

Deftones 04-05-19 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 13528552)
It's not meant to do solo....Even two us at Tier 1 had a hard time. I had three tell us they made it where you almost need four people which we ended up calling in help....it was mainly good but did have a couple just drop out after dying the first time. We hit Tier 2 and a fried asked us to help her with a Tier 4 Control Point....that was insane. We played the entire Level 1 to 30 together and starting at Tier 1 has basically made it into a new game...and also having four players almost needed that actually has been pretty fun.

I completed the mission solo. I know it is not meant to be done solo, but I only have 1 friend playing this and he is way behind me. Figured I would give it a whirl solo and see how it goes. I have done about 90% of the game solo fwiw.

dsa_shea 04-05-19 02:08 PM

This game tries to level up underleveled players/friends to get them to a comparable level, but I still think it fails in execution. Yes, your level adjusts to somewhere close to the level of the highest player but your armor does not compare and your weapons seemingly do very little damage. It makes it difficult to play with your friends unless you have been leveling with them all along. I don't like trying to call for help because people usually don't answer.

lopper 04-05-19 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13528591)
I completed the mission solo. I know it is not meant to be done solo, but I only have 1 friend playing this and he is way behind me. Figured I would give it a whirl solo and see how it goes. I have done about 90% of the game solo fwiw.

Same here. I also just hit level cap and unlocked tier 1, and with the exception of a few missions on 'Hard' and some of the challenging bounties, I've done everything solo. With the turret and healing drone, it hasn't been too bad so far, but the new missions are tough, and the new BT enemies in the dark zone are just about unbeatable solo.

Deftones 04-09-19 09:47 AM

<iframe width="372" height="209" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nEDKVNoE2ws" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Not division specific, but clearly they are poking fun of it. :lol:

K&AJones 04-10-19 08:19 AM

I hit Tier 5 the other night...Tidal Basin was really good and laid out. Now to tackle all the other stuff....my co-op pal needs to get up (at Tier 1 now) and have a friend who needs our help running the Tier 4 Hard stuff and Control Points.

Looks like the Daily and Weekly Projects are on hold for the time being.... https://www.gamesradar.com/division-2-projects-bug-disabled/ Division 2 Daily and Weekly Projects Disabled Due To Bugged Rewards

mattysemo247 04-10-19 12:35 PM

So is the overall verdict that this game isn't fun and/or maybe even too difficult to play alone? I haven't even opened my copy yet and have been too busy playing RDR2. I played the first game entirely solo, but it sounds like this one might have changed that which doesn't make it sound like much fun.

Deftones 04-10-19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 13531003)
So is the overall verdict that this game isn't fun and/or maybe even too difficult to play alone? I haven't even opened my copy yet and have been too busy playing RDR2. I played the first game entirely solo, but it sounds like this one might have changed that which doesn't make it sound like much fun.

I have done most of the game alone. It is great solo. Just make sure you have a mix of offensive and support skills. I use 2 offensive skills (turret and seeker mines).

foxdvd 04-10-19 11:12 PM

I have about 180 hours into this. Easily one of the best games I have played in a long time. It is not without issues....but overall a great solo and coop game.

I guess my biggest problem is with how weak most of the skills are. Chem launcher is amazing for healing, and the fire turret is amazing if placed well, and makes even challenging missions doable...but many other skills are trash.

I also hate the enemy AI. The suicide....forget all....'I am going to flank you' programming is laughable, and one of the main reasons the fire turret is op. Place it down on your flank, and watch as every enemy in the game runs right into the fire because the programmers attempt to create difficulty by having everyone in the game try to flank you even if it means death. The ONLY thing that will keep an enemy from flanking you is if there is turret available...even if you just killed 5 guys in a row on that machine....they will jump on it.

But that aside I have had a blast. I just need 2 more missions on hard to get my platinum, and I still have many hours of game to play. You get a LOT of value out of this game...and after crappy cash grabs like Fallout and Anthem it is refreshing.

mattysemo247 07-10-19 01:03 PM

It's worth mentioning that this is on sale for $20 at Gamestop this week (Amazon has price matched the PS4 version) and they are adding matchmaking for raids in a future patch.

K&AJones 07-10-19 01:48 PM

We haven't played the game in almost two months, moving on to others since the RAID issues with PC vs Console, along with enemy AI, bugs, glitches and other stuff. The game is solid and fun but like others shine with 2 or more side-by-side. The next big update/DLC is around the corner hitting July 23rd.....
The Division 2 Dates Its First DLC Episode, Doesn't Go Down Well with Fans - Push Square

But like others has it's share of controversy as well....from the above article....

It brings with it Title Update 5, which includes new exotic weapons, flashlights, gear balancing, and even more crafting options and skill builds. As well as that, the controversially difficult raid, Operation Dark Hours, will receive a new, easier difficulty mode as part of the patch too - titled Discovery Difficulty. It's here where things get a little fishy, though. Year 1 Pass owners will receive all narrative content - two new main missions - a week early. Alongside that, two further classified assignments arrive completely exclusive to the optional add-on. Sounds fair enough, right? Remember that every piece of story content can be played by all players eventually.

The problem here is that all of these missions and content have been available on the PC's test server since the beginning of July for free. It has lead PS4 players to question the point of the Year 1 Pass they purchased when the game first launched.

mattysemo247 07-10-19 03:44 PM

Since they mentioned that add on content would be free this time instead of selling the season pass like they usually do, you would be a sucker for buying the Gold Edition. Unless you really don't want to wait for the small exclusive window to pass or you must have some of those cosmetics.

Rob V 07-29-19 07:33 AM

I just started playing this over the weekend... is the consensus that you should go with the turret early on? I opted for the seeker mine as my first gadget.

Decker 07-29-19 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13585600)
I just started playing this over the weekend... is the consensus that you should go with the turret early on? I opted for the seeker mine as my first gadget.

Turret first, drone second. The rest are pretty useless (at least in comparison and you can only equip two).

Decker 08-27-19 12:50 AM

Man I have played this game for many hours and I still don't understand all the upgrades , projects, blueprints and mods. It's so much to absorb and understand. In any case there's a TON of content to this game.
As I said above, I never use more than those tow skills (Drone, Turret). The others might be useful (and potentially fun, at least the Chem Launcer), but none of the others have anywhere near the usefulness of the BIG 2.

I keep reading the description of the Year 1 Pass and honestly I have no idea how anyone could come away convinced it has anywhere near $40 of content in it. Am I wrong, or is it only for online guys who want to have unique cosmetics for their avatar?

K&AJones 09-08-19 12:37 PM

What has been going on with The Division 2 lately?....I was looking forward to Ghost Recon Breakpoint but after playing the beta I'm cancelling my preorder and might be diving back into this after a long break...or even looking at GoW5.

james2025a 01-04-20 03:34 PM

I see this is on the PS Store on sale (Base for $12, Ultimate Efition for $24), and wondered if its worth getting the Ulitmate edition? Someone said it plays like Wildlands, and if that's the case then I would love it.

mattysemo247 01-04-20 03:54 PM

Have you played the first one? It's currently on Gamepass. I haven't played too much of the second one yet since picking it up, but it's more of the same, which I like.

If you like Wildlands, you should like this one.

james2025a 01-05-20 07:21 AM

I didnt play the first one and I have a PS4, so no gamepass.

I think for $24 it's worth taking a chance on.

K&AJones 01-05-20 08:08 AM

I've played both Wildlands and D2 and both were fun.....I had more with Wildlands though but there was always 2-3 of us with it that made it that way. Division 2 picks up years after Division 1 (New York) and put you in Washington D.C where no doubt Ubisoft did a excellent job capturing the city and landmarks. It's far more huge and open than New York that gives you more elbow room. The story is good, loot, your gear, weapons...everything has been upgraded. One of the biggest changes is the involvement of the "Local NPC's"....in New York they fled...here they pick up arms and get involved. There's a constant Back & Forth of controlling points throughout the city in sectors where you (and others) take over or defend. There's always something going on....

I didn't get involved doing the RAIDs too much...moving on to other games....but Division 2 was fun to play and like Wildlands is even better with others in a group. Still have it and wouldn't mind revisiting it....

james2025a 01-05-20 07:44 PM

Well I grabbed it. It's been downloading since around 1PM and is currently around 60gb downloaded. Got another 39gb to go, so will be ready for the morning. I have to admit I am very curious about this game now. Hell of a price drop from $120 to $24.

K&AJones 01-06-20 06:08 AM

I cannot even remember if I have one or two characters.....but in any case you need a hand or just some company I'll jump in. I probably need to at least see on updates.....it's been close to 5-6 months since I fired it up. One reason for that long DL...day one patch was like 80-90 GB...not kidding....

...just had to fire it up before heading to work.....seriously, I've been itching to get back in this game but sadly about all the ones who I played with slowly going elsewhere or joining others who were higher ranked to do the RAIDs. There were 5 of us who bought the game and like Wildlands shines with 2-4 in a group. I only have one character, he's just a Gear Level 580 my main who finished the campaign and was hoping to do the second run-thru...it's challenging. We toyed with it here and there and the loot drops really do pick up. It's less forgiving in that mode though if your Gear Score is too low against enemies unless they fixed it. In terms of gameplay, setting, story, the action....I like Division 2 a bit more than Wildlands....one is a huge area where stealth is it while the other is more like urban warfare around every corner in a area that has tons of places to explore that's real....

mattysemo247 01-06-20 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by james2025a (Post 13665985)
Well I grabbed it. It's been downloading since around 1PM and is currently around 60gb downloaded. Got another 39gb to go, so will be ready for the morning. I have to admit I am very curious about this game now. Hell of a price drop from $120 to $24.

I'd be curious what the ultimate edition has since all of the DLC has been free. Maybe you get some extra weapons or something?

DaveNinja 01-06-20 11:15 AM

I got this for $5 on the PC back around xmas. I've been playing it a bunch over the last week. Its pretty fun. Only to level 8 or 9 currently but I did find a level 30 orange weapon so i have something to look forward to, haha.
I have a hard time figuring out which are the best weapons in my inventory. I'm currently using a bolt action sniper rifle with a 12x that is a few levels below my current level and a M60.

K&AJones 01-09-20 08:46 AM

Hey All

I looked it up and last time I played was around 280 days ago. I know there's been some updates...especially Title 6 which was in November that was huge. Has there been some good changes overall...know there was a new class, Technician added. Three of us talked about getting back with all of us saying the game has been on our Radar for awhile. We're all above Gear Level 540 but really didn't get too far in the second part with Black Tusk.

james2025a 01-14-20 04:16 AM

I started playing it and put a couple of hours into it, but it's not grabbing me as much as I thought. Probably because I am still concentrating on a few other games. Will get back to it once I finish those.

K&AJones 01-15-20 06:57 AM

I was hoping to get some back in but even after saying the game was still on their radar...they've got other games they've got into and seems this is not pressing. Shame as I wanted to at least give it a go one day/night but unless I find a group or one of my friends decides to break away and run, this will remain on the back-burner. If you do decide later, shoot me a message...I'll run. Don't matter from what point in the game...

DaveNinja 01-22-20 10:59 AM

I reached level 21 yesterday. I finally had to call in someone for help on a mission (a heavy armored elite guy in a small room that rushes you can hits you with a hammer). The mission was super easy with two people.
One problem with the game is that i get too much gear. I'm constantly upgrading gear and guns. The only talents I seem to ever use are the turrent (sniper or flame) and the drone with the machine gun.

Goldberg74 01-23-20 02:43 PM

I bought two copies last summer so my brother and I could play... we haven't yet.

But we will. ;)

DaveNinja 01-24-20 11:16 AM

I'm having fun with it. I've played it a lot more than i played the Division 1. I seem to be leveling up and completing missions without a problem but its like I'm only half the game. There are some many things in the game i dont really understand. Like skills and gear mods. But it doesnt seem to be slowing me down.

DaveNinja 01-28-20 11:13 AM

I unlocked the level 30 specializations and now the whole game changed. All the bad guys are killing me now! I died 5 times just trying to do little stuff near the white house. Thats more than I died leveling from 1-30.

K&AJones 01-29-20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja (Post 13678466)
I unlocked the level 30 specializations and now the whole game changed. All the bad guys are killing me now! I died 5 times just trying to do little stuff near the white house. Thats more than I died leveling from 1-30.

As many know....The Division 2 is a game all about positioning....but when you are solo, that's almost all out the window as the enemy AI will zero in on you versus having a group of 2-4 spread out at different points. There are some skills that helps depending on your style of play, close, mid-range or long. The Hive skill is almost a must to have and can be a lifesaver. this is a pretty old guide...when game was released but some still hold true today. But when and if possible, get another body in via matchmaking; makes life and survival far easier....

https://twinfinite.net/2019/03/divis...spend-unlocks/