Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Does the first video game console you owned still work?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Does the first video game console you owned still work?
Yes.
38.46%
No.
7.69%
I don't know.
11.54%
I no longer have the first video game console I ever owned.
42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Does the first video game console you owned still work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-19, 06:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Does the first video game console you owned still work?

My Colecovision still works, I saved an old TV monitor so I can hook it up to.
Old 02-03-19, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
^The absolute worst keyboard in history. But I had a ton of fun with my 400.

What's with the joysticks in that picture? I don't recognize them at all.
Wow, it's rare that I ever run across anyone else that had a 400. It felt like I lived in a bubble with mine. I didn't think twice about the pic, but yeah, my joysticks didn't look like that either.

Old 02-04-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I also had the Atari 400 as my first video game console and our first family home computer. We had the cassette deck with it. I remember getting magazines with Basic programs in them that I would type into the computer to make stupid games. That keyboard was the worst; I was so envious of the Atari 800 owners with their real keyboards and dual cartridge slots! I think the old 400 is still at my folks house unless I tried to get it to work a decade ago and tossed it.

At my current house we just finished a remodel so i had a bunch of stuff from storage that had to be moved back. I have a ton of previous consoles with games and controllers that I should probably get rid of. I'm hoping to at least pawns some of the good ones off on my kids. I hooked up the Dreamcast and they were playing on it this weekend. I also have the Sega Saturn, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, PS3, Wii, Wii U, also probably an Intellevision since I saw some cartridges for it.
Old 02-04-19, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Wow, it's rare that I ever run across anyone else that had a 400. It felt like I lived in a bubble with mine. I didn't think twice about the pic, but yeah, my joysticks didn't look like that either.
Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I also had the Atari 400 as my first video game console and our first family home computer. We had the cassette deck with it. I remember getting magazines with Basic programs in them that I would type into the computer to make stupid games. That keyboard was the worst; I was so envious of the Atari 800 owners with their real keyboards and dual cartridge slots! I think the old 400 is still at my folks house unless I tried to get it to work a decade ago and tossed it.

At my current house we just finished a remodel so i had a bunch of stuff from storage that had to be moved back. I have a ton of previous consoles with games and controllers that I should probably get rid of. I'm hoping to at least pawns some of the good ones off on my kids. I hooked up the Dreamcast and they were playing on it this weekend. I also have the Sega Saturn, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, PS3, Wii, Wii U, also probably an Intellevision since I saw some cartridges for it.
Yeah, I lusted after the 800, but couldn't afford it, so the 400 had to do. The XL series made things more affordable. I do still have a 600XL and disk drive.

I already had an interest in programming, so I really enjoyed getting into the memory mapping on the 400. Mapping The Atari was an amazing book, to me. I miss those days. 6502 assembler was so relatively simple compared to what processors quickly evolved to.

Old 02-04-19, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

My brother and I still have every system we ever owned with the exception of our original 2600.
he currently has the snes, GameCube, N64 and ps2. I have the NES, Genesis, Sega Cd, 32x and Xbox. Both have Ps3’s 360’s, ps4’s and snes & nes classics. He’s got an xbox one as well.
One of these days I’ll bite the bullet and get a turbografix 16. I always wanted one of those.
Old 02-06-19, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably not. I put a lot of miles and youthful abuse on that NES, and the Genesis after that.
Old 02-06-19, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My original Atari 2600 was given away as soon as I got an NES. I bought one about 15 years ago that came with 130 games or so which I believe still works so I don't know how to vote. I need to sell that thing though.