Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Gamer Parents - Do you Game with Your Sons and/or Daughters?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gamer Parents - Do you Game with Your Sons and/or Daughters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-18, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: Gamer Parents - Do you Game with Your Sons and/or Daughters?

I will say I do have one of those extremely rare instances where the wife got involved...most the time she'll ask who/what is that then does the over-your-head-swoosh gesture with her hand as to say it's over her head....

But a few years back when the grandson was over and he was trying Injustice Fighting game, he got her to give it a go. So he had his character and was going to pick one and she saw "Hawkgirl" and said she liked her and wanted her. He was like she's not that good but she insisted. So he explained the controls and again it "swoosh over her head" but she found two buttons that did attack. So he starts to attack her and she does the attack at the right time and BAM...puts him down. He comes back and she starts spamming and BAM...puts him down again. He tells her she's suppose to use other blocks & attacks and she replies this looks like it's working.

So next time she really starts spamming and just whips his butt and he's getting a bit annoyed and says "MaMa...Stop spamming the attack"...and she says "what's spamming?"......so to this day when he comes over she'll ask, "Is it time for me to get Hawkgirl out?" and his reply is, "no...I don't play that game anymore"....