DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4, XB1, Switch, PC) - 4/23/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/646064-mortal-kombat-11-ps4-xb1-switch-pc-4-23-19-a.html)

slop101 10-08-20 11:20 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4, XB1, Switch, PC) - 4/23/19

Would be cool if he did both Rambo and Rocky.

Music 10-08-20 11:21 AM

Decker 10-08-20 12:46 PM

Seriously can't believe I still have to buy more MK11 content after getting the Premium Edition AND Aftermath. But you know, I probably will buy this DLC eventually when it goes on sale. Nice that they aren't requiring another purchase just to get the PS5 upgrade. Unlike some other games (cough, Control, cough).

DJariya 10-08-20 12:48 PM

Rambo is cool, but I'm sick of all this paid DLC to improve the experience of the game.

and before you know it, MK12 will be out.

gerrythedon 10-09-20 11:06 PM

https://img.xboxachievements.com/ima...5d07d79038.jpg

https://www.game.co.uk/en/mortal-kom...lusive-2839074

Decker 10-09-20 11:09 PM

Seriously, who like MK enough to buy that but doesn’t already the game and Aftermath?

DJariya 11-28-20 01:15 AM

Just curious did anyone who already has MK11 purchase the extension pack that includes Rambo? I already have MK11 on PS4 and was thinking about it. It's $15. Just want to know how the experience was playing with Rambo.

Rival11 01-27-21 08:23 AM

After being let down by the EA UFC games year after year, This was an awesome surprise - I love this game. Now, I bought X (XL actually) because as a nerd horror fan, if you throw predator, jason, leatherface, and alien in a game, I'm automatically going to buy it (by the way, leatherface has the greatest brutality ever) and I loved it as well but didn't dedicate much time to it but now that I have, I can't get enough of it.

I like how you don't have to remember every combo - I just commit one to muscle memory and that's it. My favorite characters are: Subs, Scorps, Kung Lao, Kabal, Johnny Cage, Shao Khan. Sadly, I don't like using any of the cameo fighters, I mean they're cool but I just don't like how slow/clunky they are to use.

I'm pretty good online as the time you put into practicing offline actually transfers well to online.

It looks outstanding as well.

Story mode is ok for what it is and looks like a movie but I would need to go back to MKX first to finish that one.

I bought the ultimate addition thinking that I would have everything like XL but like someone else who already posted - looks like I'm going to have to buy another DLC.

Rival11 01-27-21 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Maxflier (Post 13748473)
Unless there is a trophy involved, I'll never use Robocop.
Honestly I wish they would stop it with the guest characters and use those spots for actual MK ones. No Reptile in the game, but we have fucking Robocop...

I think he's coming with the next DLC update - if you use Shang Tsung, he has a move where he turns into reptile momentarily as well.

asianxcore 04-11-21 01:40 PM

For anyone interested, the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Add-On Bundle is $24.99 in the PSN Store.

Great deal if you only have the base game.

Includes newly added Kombat Pack 2, along with previously released Aftermath Expansion & Kombat Pack 1.

Kombat Pack 2

• 3 New Playable Fighters - Mileena, Rain & Rambo

Aftermath Expansion

Aftermath features a brand-new cinematic story. Fire God Liu Kang, the new keeper of time and protector of Earthrealm, looks to secure the future he envisions. In order to do so, he is forced to enlist the help of some unlikely allies & familiar foes. Players will have to decide who they can trust and who they must defeat with fate on the line. Forge a new history.

• All-New Cinematic Story
• 3 New Playable Fighters - Sheeva, Fujin & RoboCop
• 3 New Skin Packs

Kombat Pack 1

• 6 New Playable Characters feat. Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Terminator T-800, Sindel, The Joker & Spawn
• 6 Skin Packs & 7 Excl. Skins

Matto1020 04-13-21 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore (Post 13918918)
For anyone interested, the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Add-On Bundle is $24.99 in the PSN Store.

Great deal if you only have the base game.

Includes newly added Kombat Pack 2, along with previously released Aftermath Expansion & Kombat Pack 1.

Kombat Pack 2

• 3 New Playable Fighters - Mileena, Rain & Rambo

Aftermath Expansion

Aftermath features a brand-new cinematic story. Fire God Liu Kang, the new keeper of time and protector of Earthrealm, looks to secure the future he envisions. In order to do so, he is forced to enlist the help of some unlikely allies & familiar foes. Players will have to decide who they can trust and who they must defeat with fate on the line. Forge a new history.

• All-New Cinematic Story
• 3 New Playable Fighters - Sheeva, Fujin & RoboCop
• 3 New Skin Packs

Kombat Pack 1

• 6 New Playable Characters feat. Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Terminator T-800, Sindel, The Joker & Spawn
• 6 Skin Packs & 7 Excl. Skins

Not sure if it's still on sale, but I was able to pick up the game + all the DLC for $30 on Xbox the other week. First time playing it... what a great game!

E Unit 04-13-21 11:38 AM

Yes, MK11 Ultimate is on sale for $29.99 for a couple of more days on Xbox. I picked that up as well.

DJariya 05-10-21 06:06 PM

Don't know if this is even possible. But, I thought I would ask.

I have a PS4 and have a XBox One S. I have MK11 and MK XL for the PS4.

Is there a digital download or an old backwards compatible version of the OG Mortal Kombat that is playable on these current consoles or is that version OOP now? I know that version is freaking old and dated now, but I would be interested in purchasing it if it's even remotely possible.

asianxcore 05-12-21 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13931956)
Don't know if this is even possible. But, I thought I would ask.

I have a PS4 and have a XBox One S. I have MK11 and MK XL for the PS4.

Is there a digital download or an old backwards compatible version of the OG Mortal Kombat that is playable on these current consoles or is that version OOP now? I know that version is freaking old and dated now, but I would be interested in purchasing it if it's even remotely possible.

The Mortal Kombat Kollection (which contained MK1, MK2 & UMK3) was released for both Xbox 360 & PS3 but are not backwards compatible with any system after them.