Reload this Page >

Fallout 76 - (PS4, XB1, PC)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-25-18, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Since there is no official Fallout 76 topic yet, I had to post this....just sad yet hats off to Bethesda on this.

Bethesda Lets 12-Year-Old With Terminal Cancer Play Fallout 76 Early

https://www.gameinformer.com/gamer-c...llout-76-early

MOD NOTE: Fallout 76 related posts moved from this Fallout 4 thread:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game...ut-4-a-50.html
-namja, Moderator, DVD Talk Forum

Last edited by namja; 11-18-18 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-31-18, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: Fallout 4

Very odd that there's still not a Fallout 76 thread yet. I guess there's not much interest? I'm on the fence, I had the power helmet edition pre-order but I think I'll cancel and buy the regular in a few months. Bethesda games are glitchy but when they themselves Tweet that the game is probably going to have game breaking bugs you know that's bad.

Can't believe they're only doing a two week beta for this.
Old 10-31-18, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 550 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Very odd that there's still not a Fallout 76 thread yet. I guess there's not much interest? I'm on the fence, I had the power helmet edition pre-order but I think I'll cancel and buy the regular in a few months. Bethesda games are glitchy but when they themselves Tweet that the game is probably going to have game breaking bugs you know that's bad.

Can't believe they're only doing a two week beta for this.
I've loved all 3 of the recent Fallout games. Some of my favorite games of the years they came out. I have zero interest in Fallout 76.
Old 10-31-18, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

I only play offline/single-player games, so I have little interest in 76. Even if I'm able to play it without really interacting with others, I'm not sure it'll be what I'm looking for. I played DC Universe Online for a while. That could be played without hooking up with other people. Something about it never clicked, and I didn't put much more than 10 hrs into it.

Fallout 76 will probably occupy a space in my list to try out sometime, but I doubt I'll go out of my way to pick it up like I have other Fallout games.
Old 10-31-18, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I played the beta and I am all set.

Canceled my pre-order.

It is just like Fallout 4 from my hour of gameplay, but now you have random people running around that takes you out of the experience. (I also couldn't wait to get back to RDR 2, so that might have helped)

I supposed it is a good game if you have a lot of friends playing it together, but I'm not paying full price for this and have other games for my time.
Old 10-31-18, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Good to know, Music. I'll cancel as well.
Old 10-31-18, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah, that's what took me out of Elder Scrolls online - all these random people running around doing the same shit as me. That's a game killer to me.
Old 10-31-18, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I was undecided, but after playing the Beta I like it. Where there are other people I mostly barely see them, and other than that, it’s just playing Fallout with a few differences and some armed Zombies. I love hanging out in Fallout-Land, so at this point I’m sure I’ll get enough gameplay to be worth it. I spent last night mostly just slowly working my way through one area (because if I went fast I died) including about 15-20 minutes in one building where I saw no one. Actually only saw 2-3 or so all night, and that was for like 30 seconds each time—i think one guy saved my ass so that was good.

I was playing on my cancelled pre-order (since I got a code when I ordered) and now re-ordered it.
Old 11-01-18, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Probably time for a separate topic for Fallout 76 now....

I didn't get in the PS4 the other night but a friend did. They didn't get the dreaded PvP Experience that has been a major fire on the official Fallout 76 Forums at Bethesda.....

https://bethesda.net/community/categ...ral-discussion

The Beta opened up to Ps4 and PC players the other day and the bulk of topics and talk was with PC Player involving all sorts of issues; seemed mainly technical. But I have watched closely this past week seeing what XBox players were saying & experiencing....and right off the bat it's been the PvP & PvE mingling in the game causing a Hot Button Issue...

I'm going to play as much as I can of the game wanting to see first hand the PvP part, re-spawning, enemies, loot, others in the same area, crafting...just generally taking it thru as many paces I can do. But I'm not going to base my choice on a few nights of play. So far the verdict has been a mix bag but it is in a early Beta Form.

I for one just don't think that a "True" PvP and PvE experience can share the same space while making everyone happy. I made the comment on a topic that if this model worked, you see a lot of games out there with it...but you don't. It's been mentioned that the map is four times larger than the Fallout 4 map and only 24 players can be on there at a given time. But the fact remains it's still part PvP & PvE which both have separate goals in mind. Already seeing "We Need More PvP" calls along with "We Want A Real PvE Fallout Game"....think Bethesda opened a real can of worms(issues) going this route...
Old 11-02-18, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got in the beta last night but more of less just explored a bit and trying a few different things. Leveling up as fast as I could was not a priority...I saw several at Level 8-10. I need to play it more since the timer came up right before I was about to hit Level 5.

But this morning looking around on game sites for more on the Beta, I came on one from Pushsquare that pretty much summed up a majority of what I got from my first night. In a nutshell, I felt it more like a Fallout 4 massive expansion with a far brighter color palette with Fall Colors. There's instances everywhere where it seems it's a "Copy & Paste" from Fallout 4.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/..._the_full_game
Old 11-13-18, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone pre order the armor edition from Best Buy? Shows delivery date by tomorrow but still no tracking number.om skeptical
Old 11-14-18, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Got mine today from Amazon. It looks pretty good, but I didn’t realize how huge it would be.

Anyway, can’t play yet as it has been installing the 57 gig update for a couple of hours.
Old 11-15-18, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally got in on the game itself yesterday....still questions, still doubts and above all not getting that..."Boy...this is really a fun, intriguing, keep-your-attention, wanting to keep playing, keep going game".....

I wouldn't say to me it's like 'Watching Paint Dry" or "Watching the Sport of Curling"....but compared to what I'm playing and have been playing...AC:Origins, Warframe, Ghost Recon:Wildlands, ElderScrolls Online and even Path of Exile on PC....there's a feeling of something missing and lacking.

I would say take Fallout 4....drop the Bombs, wiped out all the NPCs including the Companions, Settlements, Traveling Traders, Diamond City, Farm People and anyone else you could have a conversation with and replaced them with a handful of Live NPC's (24 max on map) upped the Survival Factor 10 Times with a constant need of Water, Food, Rest, Stimpacks or other craftable health aids to keep you going. Finally add a more colorful backdrop of a Fall in the West Virginia Mountains while using a majority of everything you saw in Fallout 4 that incorporates the Creation Engine that has been tweaked here & there which by the way was first developed for Elder Scrolls III and Skyrim making the game feel more like a remaster from the previous gen consoles.

...and I'll add I'd give anything to have "Dogmeat" in this game...beats the heck of the majority of sounds which is growls from Ghouls, grunts from Mutants, Robbie the Robot Trader, a human voice on recorders, reading notes left everywhere and the wind.

...and lastly still haven't seen any post launch, after launch or even hints of "Where's Our Fallout 76 Review" anywhere on the video game sites....just a tip or how to here and there.....a bit odd....

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-15-18 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-15-18, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 391 Likes on 294 Posts

It’s better than I thought. I’m really enjoying it and I’m glad I didn’t cancel my preorder. That being said, I hate the fact that you have to eat and drink and that stuff like meds add to your carry weight.
Old 11-16-18, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I took a break from it last night and went back to AC: Origins...and what a difference.....but yea, the more dramatic need to carry more Health, Food and Drink has become a major factor and to me too much. Instead of using items I'll try to find a bed to regain health but you need to do that fairly constantly as well.

I went to a fairly large town and not a single other player was there but plenty of Ghouls. Between being shot and chased by 2-3 constantly, I died like three times...just didn't have enough Aids for regen. I didn't see a single Mole or Dog so no meat to cook. I found plenty of Dirty Water in those First Aid Boxes and hardly any Stimpacks which at the end of the night I used more than found.

Call it bad luck I guess but I haven't found any new plans or recipes that would help my Armor or Guns. I'm still wearing Light and using Guns (Single Shot Rifle and 44 Pistol w/Scope) and average melee....Shotgun for up close because even at medium range it's useless. But I ran into stuttering especially in combat with melee and shooting. Seriously, the combat and character mechanics in this game remind me of something in the early days of the XB360. Even Gears of War had smoother motion and agility system than this.
Old 11-16-18, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yikes at Jim's review below.
Game sounds like a real broken piece of crap.
Like, why even attempt an online game like this?

Old 11-16-18, 09:52 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Like, why even attempt an online game like this?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Hey lets take out all that cost of writing story, paying actors to record lines, and a team to sync the game together...and just use the map editor, and have a small team just come up with generic copy paste fetch quest"
Old 11-16-18, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But with reports of how deserted the game is, are they even making any money on this?
Like, if the put the same amount of work into another small single-player expansion for FO4, they probably would've made more money.
Old 11-16-18, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts

Glad I canceled my pre-order. I do feel like playing Fallout 4 again, though.
Old 11-16-18, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally saw where IGN posted ..."Review In Progress"....but that's been it. Still nothing from the normal sites you see mentioned a lot. There is Metacritic and the game is taking a shellacking which has set the official forums on fire with accusations flying from all sides.

Polygon has an interesting article that for me, sums up what I'm experiencing and fear might get worse...

The weakest part of Fallout 76’s world is the baggage of Fallout

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/15/1...franchise-lore
Old 11-16-18, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not interested in Fallout 76 at all, but how are you guys too lazy to just make a thread for it

Here - https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game...s4-xb1-pc.html

Put in a request for a mod to move some of the posts discussing the game over there.

Last edited by fumanstan; 11-16-18 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-16-18, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

https://fallout.bethesda.net/games/fallout-76

Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Skyrim and Fallout 4, welcome you to Fallout 76, the online prequel where every surviving human is a real person. Work together, or not, to survive. Under the threat of nuclear annihilation, you’ll experience the largest, most dynamic world ever created in the legendary Fallout universe.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5IcqE8kT3KA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-16-18, 12:32 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Fallout 76 - (PS4, XB1, PC)

First Post!
Old 11-16-18, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I am going to get started this weekend, my game is installed and updated, I just need to find a few free hours to dive in uninterrupted

Last edited by Brian Shannon; 11-19-18 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-16-18, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for starting the thread fumanstan...not lazy but I've started way more threads than I should've including the AC: Odyssey...which I didn't get but felt like with a day or two away from release it didn't have a thread....and looks like that panned out fine.

That said...I checked most of the well known game sites for reviews and here they are...

Gamespot...........Nothing
Gameinformer......Nothing
Polygon...............Nothing...but a few How To and Tips articles
Pushsquare..........Nothing
Videogamer..........Nothing
Playstationlifestyle.Nothing
Playstation.Blog....Nothing
Kotaku................Nothing...but a few How To & Tips articles
Eurogamer...........Nothing
Dualshockers........Nothing
Gamepur..............Nothing

Destructoid..........Review in Progress
IGN.....................Review in Progress
PCGamesn...........Review in Progress
Windows Central...Review in Progress

Metacritic.....PS4.... https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...n-4/fallout-76
Metacritic.....XB..... https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/fallout-76

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.