DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Fallout 76 - (PS4, XB1, PC) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/645850-fallout-76-ps4-xb1-pc.html)

Redeyejoker 12-04-18 07:10 PM

Re: Fallout 76 - (PS4, XB1, PC)

Just got this email from Bethesda about my CE Armor edition. I just copied the first part

Dear Customer,

We are finalizing manufacturing plans for replacement canvas bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. If you purchased the CE, please submit a ticket following the process below by Jan. 31, 2019. We’ll arrange to send you a replacement as soon as the bags are ready.

1. Click this link to submit a ticket to our support team (This will work best if you are already logged in at help.bethesda.net ).
2. Fill out each field as requested. Be sure to include your complete shipping address, including your street address, city, state, country, and postal code (if applicable).
3. Attach your reciept or invoice as requested, it must have your full name, Bethesda.net username and email address legibly printed on it.
4. Click Submit, you should see a ticket number appear on the page.

K&AJones 12-05-18 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Redeyejoker (Post 13455663)
Just got this email from Bethesda about my CE Armor edition. I just copied the first part

Dear Customer,

We are finalizing manufacturing plans for replacement canvas bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. If you purchased the CE, please submit a ticket following the process below by Jan. 31, 2019. We’ll arrange to send you a replacement as soon as the bags are ready.

1. Click this link to submit a ticket to our support team (This will work best if you are already logged in at help.bethesda.net ).
2. Fill out each field as requested. Be sure to include your complete shipping address, including your street address, city, state, country, and postal code (if applicable).
3. Attach your reciept or invoice as requested, it must have your full name, Bethesda.net username and email address legibly printed on it.
4. Click Submit, you should see a ticket number appear on the page.

I really hope all that ordered that gets what they're due...and plus more. That whole thing & deal from the way they handled it to "Game Reviewers" getting the Total Package Free while consumers got screwed is really just low of the low considering this is Bethesda. I know it's been a hot topic on the official forum and not just from those who bought it. It's been on several Game Sites covering as well.

mattysemo247 12-05-18 09:54 PM

And it gets even better

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-support-...1830892930/amp

K&AJones 12-06-18 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 13456523)

I saw that and wasn't going to post since it seems with Bethesda and Fallout 76 it's been like the saying goes..."When it rains...it pours"...and since it's pouring might as well add this...

Report: Bethesda’s Starfield Already Facing Development Problems, CEO Is A “Criminal”

https://zetgaming.com/2018/12/05/rep...is-a-criminal/

K&AJones 12-18-18 04:54 PM

Well...for those holding your breath on waiting for that Power Armor Edition Canvas Bag....might be holding it a bit longer......I mean this has gone beyond pathetic...the entire 76 fiasco.....

Fallout 76 Power Armor Buyers Could Have a Six-Month Wait for Canvas Bag Replacements

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...wait/#/slide/1

gerrythedon 12-22-18 11:25 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HappyHolidays?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HappyHolidays</a>!<br><br>ANYONE who logged into the full release of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Fallout76?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Fallout76</a> in 2018 will receive an entitlement for Fallout Classic Collection on PC. This applies to Xbox One and PS4 players, too. <br><br>The entitlement is expected to go live in early January. <a href="https://t.co/U8pJwrk0PV">pic.twitter.com/U8pJwrk0PV</a></p>&mdash; Bethesda (@bethesda) <a href="https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1076541655736561665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Redeyejoker 12-23-18 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon (Post 13467114)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HappyHolidays?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HappyHolidays</a>!<br><br>ANYONE who logged into the full release of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Fallout76?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Fallout76</a> in 2018 will receive an entitlement for Fallout Classic Collection on PC. This applies to Xbox One and PS4 players, too. <br><br>The entitlement is expected to go live in early January. <a href="https://t.co/U8pJwrk0PV">pic.twitter.com/U8pJwrk0PV</a></p>&mdash; Bethesda (@bethesda) <a href="https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1076541655736561665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don’t play on pc so not sure how this will benefit me

K&AJones 12-24-18 08:25 AM

Basically...another "Fix" for the PC crowd which seems the last couple of patches were mainly for them anyways. I thought about getting back into Fallout 4 but with 76 and Bethesda just screwing up with the game, patches, treatment of those who bought the Power Armor Edition...nope. I'd rather finish Far Cry 5 and give Far Cry New Dawn a chance. Because I don't see Ubisoft bending over to try to please one group (PC Players) while ignoring the others (XB and PS4 Players)

Ginwen 12-29-18 09:59 PM

Already have those so they don’t do anything for me, but I’m still playing Fallout 76 a lot. I’m up in the 70s, could be higher because there’s an area you can clear in about 15 minutes and get half a level even at 70 but I spend lots of time exploring.

Still buggy as hell, but I do love exploring Fallout-land, still haven’t been everywhere, and some of the sad little stories in the quests were prettyn interesting if you bother to read everything. Plus still getting my perks and specials the way I want them.

Redeyejoker 12-29-18 10:21 PM

I guess they have banned a few people for cheating and at the bottom of the email it states to become unbanned they can write an essay to Bethesda explaining why cheating and mods are detrimental to the game

Ha ha

K&AJones 12-30-18 08:23 AM

On one hand yea most are a bit upset about the "Cheating"....but on the other hand, can't blame them since the game is broken on several fronts. Plus, as I understand it, it's built on basically a code that's been around and used for a long time so it's not like something new to find get-arounds for. And at the same time, Bethesda themselves have come out and acknowledged they basically encourage Mods for the game(s).

Since day one the PC Crowd has looked and found exploits left & right....with most of the so-called patches have been geared for the PC Players anyways for technical, performance and exploits. I was looking at the official Fallout 76 forum everyday when I got the game (pre-ordered) and it didn't take a Rocket Scientist to see what was going on....and only got worse within the first month; the complaints about aspects of the game, lots and lots of bugs, technical & performance and then work-arounds & exploits. It was coming from all areas but the PC Crowd had their share of technical problems while at the same time finding exploits faster than Bethesda could fix them.....which sort of split everyone into the I Hate Them and I Can't Blame Them sides......but the Classic Collection was to entice them while throwing Console Players under the bus and another slap in-the-face......same with the new PVP Mode they're coming out with, just to calm the We Want More PvP Crowd down

DVD Polizei 01-08-19 03:17 PM

Bethesda doesn't care about exploits until somebody complains and then amazingly they pretend to be the Hacker Police of their IP.

Also, I'm not understanding the NPC changes in this.

K&AJones 01-08-19 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 13476326)
Bethesda doesn't care about exploits until somebody complains and then amazingly they pretend to be the Hacker Police of their IP.

Also, I'm not understanding the NPC changes in this.

Be the exploits or base...I think they only care when there's a certain group that raises the most h*ll and then they work on a fix...but ignore the rest with their problems and issues.

I haven't picked up the game in two months and just checked the official forum the other day. I honestly believe a lot have moved on to other games. Last week Bethesda took the whole game offline to fix the Nukes Glitch while saying "more patches, fixes and new stuff coming".....and not everyone is holding their breath especially after the treatment of those who bought the Power Armor Edition...that was downright pathetic and beyond low on their part.

As to the understanding the NPC Changes...well get in line...saying that in a humorous way. many if not the majority are or were trying to figure out why they even did the game this way...YOU and everyone else are the NPC's now taking out the ones from previous Fallout games. All that are left is listening to recordings, dealing with Robbie the Robot Trader, growling Ghouls and muttering Mutants. No companions, no settlers, no Diamond City folks, no Brotherhood of Steel, no Railroad, no human or ghoul merchants...I'd take Dog Meat over everything in the game which is a nice colorful Fall Backdrop and the sound of the wind....along with some pestering agitated players who want to ruin your day.

Right now I'm and probably a lot of others are in a a sort of "Holding and Wait & See" pattern on what they'll do with the game. Personally it should've been listed and advertised as a "Fallout 4 Expansion PvP Experiment Offshoot"...because no doubt they tried to appease the "We want PvP in Fallout" crowd and tried to do both PvP and MP same map, same time yet with limited players and zero NPC's like from Fallout 4. Even with PvP, how the heck can you have it with just 25 players, 2/3 probably don't want it, on a map four times the size of Fallout 4? Right now....only time will tell what's in store for 76....but I hope it's good.

K&AJones 02-08-19 09:06 AM

Well...for those who might still be playing or trying to play...a good article that pretty much sums it up along with probably the current mind set of those left....

It may not be possible to save Fallout 76

Fallout 76 went through a shaky launch. The next three months were worse

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/7/182...tch-fix-future

Ginwen 02-10-19 08:47 PM

I don’t really want to be the defender of Fallout 76, certainly has plenty of problems, but I’ve mostly enjoyed it in spite of all bugs (especially game freezing) and the small number of good quests. I do hope they improve. I just checked and I’ve played 329 hours! So from a time perspective definitely got my money’s worth.

Also, I don’t feel too sorry for people who built their whole character around 2-shot explosive as 1. They probably bought duped weapons and knew it (since there really was no way to both find a person selling 10 of them and not be aware of the duping) AND 2. It’s not hard to respec after 50, and after 100 or so you probably have at least 10-30 points you haven’t spent AND 3. Anyone with even half a brain knew a NERF was coming considering how much they had been duped, and how much they were being exploited.

K&AJones 02-11-19 08:44 AM

I had a friend who hasn't been able to play much because of his shift & OT at work but finally got moved to Day Time and was able to play again.....so he went in Fallout 76 which he said he hadn't been in like 6 weeks....and said it was even worse. He wasn't in like 10 minutes and a gang of three went after him just all pounding away. He tried to leave but it wouldn't, he didn't fight back and even tried to reason with them....and they sent him a message..."Shut-up you pu**y...you're going down"

Sorry...but what Bethesda did to this game trying to mesh both PvE & PvP in a large map at the same time just ruined it. And I've read and heard on the PC side it's even worse.....as the article points out. We played The Division 2 Beta over the weekend and had a good time. Sadly we didn't try the New PvPvE modes which they said is going to be more player friendly to get in. It was also a far change with all the NPC's in the game that you dealt with, talked to and even jumped in and helped. Bethesda could've easily done something like this with Fallout 76....putting in co-op in the central part of the game along with NPC's and then had a separate 'Nuke Zone" for the PvPer's especially considering the map in Fallout 76 is 4-times the size of FO4. Pull-up the map in Division 1/2, here's the PvE area...there's the PvPvE area...simple as that...

Right now, some of us that are still Fallout Fans can only look forward to The Outer Worlds...which will sap the Fallout Fans from Bethesda & Fallout 76 or at least the solo and PvE side. A lot of speculation that the only way to save Fallout 76 is just outright open the PvP Floodgates making into a full-time survival. But the biggest issue is their stupid player cap system...at a max 25. Checked the official forum and there is more"We Need More PvP" or "Please Fix PvP" topics. Plus with Red Dead, Anthem coming out in a few weeks, Division 2 early March and the success of Apex Legends, I wonder how long 76 can even maintain a minimum player base.

Ginwen 02-11-19 11:54 AM

That happened to my cousin the day the came out, and he was done. He was also a bit dumb in not realizing it was an online game, but since they let people keep their progress from Beta (which, to me, is crazy) there were already high levels harassing low levels from the first day. The stupid survival mode won’t help because most of those d-bags aren’t about PVP, they are lowlife losers who just want easy kills. I am never attacked, but I’m high-level (little do they know I suck at PVP and anyone with even a little bit of skill could wipe the floor with me).

Need to dump that crap and make you choose, possibly have no PVP on regular servers (except maybe in workshops) but make it so you could choose PVP servers where it’s always on — no pacifist mode. And not allow people to jump back and forth (which would probably move a lot of the overpowered duped crap over to those PVP servers because with maybe one exception, it’s totally unnecessary for PVE currently—nowhere I can’t go and nothing I can’t kill relatively quickly other than Scorch Queen). Or else make it so you can do 0 damage to another player in pacifist mode, but probably have to include their camps too. Can’t really make it all PVP because they sold the game as it being optional, but they are trying to have it both ways, and it seems like a lot of people that say they like PVP are just assholes (not a surprise).

dsa_shea 02-11-19 12:09 PM

They should allow you to create a private server and allow for adjustments like PVP or not.

K&AJones 02-11-19 03:47 PM

Someone already posted this earlier on...but as they say, when it rains, it pours....

German Retailers Continue Purge of Fallout 76 Stock, Giving It Away with PS4 Hard Drives

You may recall the recent discovery that GameStop Germany is giving away copies of botched online shooter Fallout 76with purchases of second-hand controllers. Well, it seems that's not the only way the country's retailers are ridding themselves of unwanted stock. A new Reddit post shows a copy of Bethesda's game strapped to the back of an external hard drive.

That's right, it seems the game is being attached to purchases of HDDs as well as DualShock 4 controllers and more. Within the comments of the post, an employee of German retailer Saturn confirms the practice, saying that copies are given away when you buy consoles, controllers, or hard drives. "Even if you don't want it," they add.......

Brian Shannon 06-17-19 06:51 AM

The recent changes have been good, player vendors, increases to budgets and camp sizes.

Wastelanders is coming this fall but the biggest news is Nuclear Winter. The Fortnite variant is surprisingly good. It still needs work (re: beta) but the premise of a 52 person battle on teams of 4 to ascend to the Overseer of Vault 51 is a good one. Rewards earned carry over into normal Adventure mode, including caps and xp points. Skins and trophies can be displayed in camp for achieving levels. The story of Vault 51 is good with unlocks in the lobby vault at certain Overseer levels.

The free weekend seems to have kickstarted the population as well, many new players on over the weekend. Glad Bethesda finally woke up and decided to put some effort into this title.

mattysemo247 10-23-19 10:28 AM

:lol:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...-no-seriously/

K&AJones 10-23-19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 13628609)

The arrogance of Bethesda is astounding yet not surprising...especially with Fallout 76. I have two friends who got back in it a little about a month ago and tried to convince me to get back in saying it was better. I asked, "Better...like how Fallout 4 was and what 76 should be without the PvP crap"...they nope and I said nope....thankfully The Outer Worlds is coming out and I'll bet the House & Farm that a lot of the Fallout Base will be picking this up....monthly subscription...those clowns are even more delusional than I thought....

And apparently not all are happy with the decision....Even Fallout 76's Most Loyal Supporters Are Mad At Bethesda Over It's New Subscription Service https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10...iption-service

atrium 10-24-19 02:04 PM

Anyone who is 'loyal' to a faceless corporation is a complete idiot. Those supporters have only themselves to blame for Bethesda's behavior. You speak loudest with your wallet.

I'm reading some of the responses on the Fallout 76 reddit, and the people there sound like battered girlfriends who just can't quit their abusive boyfriend.

There are tons of quality games out there that aren't glitchy messes and aren't nickel-and-diming you at every turn, but these people are so hung up on this shitty game that I just facepalm at the whole situation.

Let Bethesda dig their own grave rather than enabling their bad behavior.

Noonan 10-24-19 02:06 PM

If any of the profit from this hilarious cash-grab goes to making TES6 better; let the fools empty their wallets for garbage.

mndtrp 10-25-19 12:07 PM

I love the Fallout games. Even with the complaints people have made; how the game has strayed from its origins, nonsensical aspects and plots, etc. Originally, I was all for Fallout 76, but delayed getting it due to backlog. At this point, with all of the complaints levied against it, I'll never pick it up. I'd only consider it if they made it PvE, and even then I may not.