DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Fallout 76 - (PS4, XB1, PC) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/645850-fallout-76-ps4-xb1-pc.html)

Dan 11-22-18 10:11 AM

Re: Fallout 76 - (PS4, XB1, PC)

Oof.
Watch them switch this into a Free to Play title sooner than later...

mattysemo247 11-22-18 10:31 AM

And it's already down to $40 at a couple places for Black Friday.

Gooter 11-22-18 11:52 AM

Is it worth it for $40? Is the game fixable? IIRC No Mans Sky started out bad at launch but it’s pretty good now.

adrenaline78 11-22-18 03:43 PM

I'm thinking why the reviews are bad, is perhaps the people were expecting a different type of game.

dsa_shea 11-22-18 05:35 PM

The game is fine. The push to eat and drink so damn often is not.

nickdawgy 11-22-18 07:13 PM

I had a few crashes. Don’t shoot the petrified corpses.

The Questyen 11-22-18 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by adrenaline78 (Post 13448672)
I'm thinking why the reviews are bad, is perhaps the people were expecting a different type of game.

Lol.

K&AJones 11-23-18 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by adrenaline78 (Post 13448672)

I would say yes in a way or hoping for a Fallout 4 World that was upgraded, improved, looked like & played like a Current Gen Game you could play with friends. 76 feels more like a massive Fallout 4 expansion with 85% of it "Copied & Paste" from Fallout 4, the saturation levels increased, a more colorful Fall Backdrop added. And Settlers, Traveling Traders, Store Merchants, Companions, Brotherhood of Steel, Railroad with all their stories, talk, chatter, converstions taken away and replaced by 24 Human NPC's on a map four times the size of Fallout 4 while trying to mesh PvP and PvE together using a outdated Creation Engine.

I know and seen several who are loving the game but you could easily find 1-3 behind them that says otherwise. One look at the official 76 Forum at Bethesda and anyone with half-a-brain can see why not a single review has been over 6/10. And it's not limited to an area here and there. The issues/complaints cover a wide spectrum....Not enough PvP...Not enough PvE...Not enough Players...Stash Limits...The CAMP...Armor...Weapons...too much emphasis on Health, Food and Drink needing constant attention or weighing too much....Techincal & Bugs everywhere...

When I go back and play AC: Origins, Warframe, Elder Scrolls Online and just fired up God of War last night...I just cannot bring myself to go back to 76...the reviews pretty much cite what I experienced or lack of. I hope the game can come around but good grief, not even a month after release and $20 off, negative reviews everywhere and insane huge patches. One can only imagine a month, 3 months, 6 months later....

gerrythedon 11-23-18 01:53 PM

Both versions down again to $49.99 & 34.99, both systems physical @ Amazon.

Redeyejoker 11-24-18 06:16 AM

There is nothing fine about the game. Terrible frame rate issues and constant stuttering. I have had the game freeze multiple times “server lost, all controls paused momentarily”. “Server lost” and it starts over. And I’ve been in the middle of missions and sides and been 98% done and it’s made me start from the beginning “military recruit”. Blah. I mag put it off for a while until an update happens

K&AJones 11-24-18 07:44 AM

You know it's a bad sign when you try to leave a review on the Amazon Site...where I got the game from...and you're greeted with this...

K. A. Jones
Edit

Sorry, we are unable to accept reviews for this product. This product has limitations on submitting reviews. There can be a number of reasons for this, including unusual reviewing activity.

nickdawgy 11-24-18 12:03 PM

I can’t even play the game. I keep crashing like 90 seconds in. I love Fallout but I think I might try and sell it.

K&AJones 11-25-18 09:40 AM

I don't even know what to say...when's the last time you saw a headline like this about a game....

Fallout 76: four tips to enjoy the game in its current state

How I stopped worrying and learned to love a flawed game

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/24/1...-76-solo-guide

nickdawgy 11-25-18 12:59 PM

I gave up. I’ll come back to it later.

Brian Shannon 11-30-18 07:01 AM

Finally had time to get in game and I am enjoying it.

Lots to learn, see and do. Perhaps this game suits my game play style but I am happy following the main quest line for now and leveling my character.

No bugs or glitches that I can see other than a few server drops which happens in any online game.

K&AJones 11-30-18 08:01 AM

There's plenty liking the game not seeing and having any or much issues which I think is great...just like there's plenty who are having the opposite experience....one look on the official forums and it's apparent of the divide.

I haven't picked up the game again for almost 10 days. I was going back & forth with 76, AC: Origins,, Elder Scrolls Online, Warframe and the new God of War I just got. After playing any of them and going back to 76....I just felt like I went backwards....in story, game/character mechanics, visuals, quests and just generally not giving me that "Can't wait to come back and continue to play" feeling. Listening to Holo Tapes, reading countless notes, dealing with Robbie the Robot Trader, fighting screeching Ghouls and muttering Mutants doesn't seem too appealing compare to the other games.

FWIW...there is a Patch coming like first part of December I think...that's to raise the stash limit to 600 and fix some other issues. But the newest backlash with 76 and Bethesda is all those who ordered the Power Armor Edition...well they didn't exactly get what they were promised and Bethesda's fix was an even more insult and slap in the face....

fujishig 11-30-18 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 13449890)
I don't even know what to say...when's the last time you saw a headline like this about a game....

Fallout 76: four tips to enjoy the game in its current state

How I stopped worrying and learned to love a flawed game

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/24/1...-76-solo-guide

No Man's Sky?

foxdvd 11-30-18 08:15 AM

It is not a big deal when a company reuses assets for a game. We all know that Bethesda does this. When people discovered files in fallout 76 named after Fallout 4 or Skyrim it is not as big of a deal as they are making it out to be.

But...

Seeing one of the first lines of codes in Fallout 76 checking to see if you have the Fallout 4 disc in before launching (a line that was disabled but is still in fallout 76) gives credit to a thought my friends had about Fallout 76 when it was first announced. We figured this game was originally designed to be the online part of Fallout 4. The success of GTA online had to be a big carrot on a stick for Bethesda, and it makes sense when you look at the game Fallout 76 is. If it was the online part of Fallout 4..people would not be so upset about the lack of story or missions. I think Bethesda was worried they would not have been able to monetize the game as much as GTA...so decided to add to it and release it as a stand alone game.

Gooter 11-30-18 08:32 AM

It's just "meh" to me. Kind of boring, don't care for the PvP portion of it, and just reminds me that I'd rather be playing FO4. :D

dvdjunkie32 11-30-18 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13448513)
Oof.
Watch them switch this into a Free to Play title sooner than later...

Another reason I need to dump this turd asap. I've already got burned a few times this generation with Evolve and SW:BF. Paying full price and then watching them become free later and have no resell value.

Thankfully I still have it sealed so I'm taking it back to Best Buy. This will be the first time I returned a AAA title without playing it. I just can't see any possible way I would have fun with this title. I never got around to playing Fallout 4 so it would just be pure stupidity to shell out $60 right now when I can get a better experience with that game. The graphics even look the same Fallout 4.

Noonan 11-30-18 12:02 PM

Not sure if anyone here is a fan of Angry Joe but he absolutely blasted this game in his review and 1 hour follow up discussion about it. I'd never expect garbage like this from Bethesda. Maybe I'll check it out when it's free on PSN or Gold. Maybe.

Ginwen 11-30-18 08:53 PM

I’m still playing it a lt, and I like it fine.

SunMonkey 11-30-18 09:34 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aDb7z8SytRc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It seems Bethesda messed up more than normal this time.

dsa_shea 11-30-18 09:36 PM

As I said before, it is fine if you are not expecting it to be Fallout 5. My beef is the number of asswipes online that just want to beat you to death when you are just doing your own thing.

Ginwen 11-30-18 11:54 PM

I am sure I’m jinxing myself, but I haven’t been attacked once.

nickdawgy 12-01-18 03:51 AM

Neither have I. Been around people 30 levels higher, too.

K&AJones 12-01-18 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ginwen (Post 13453564)
I am sure I’m jinxing myself, but I haven’t been attacked once.

during my time playing I got attacked once but I could tell on a few occasions I was being stalked. I didn't have an issue but I know of others who did on more than one occasion. One was attacked by two 30 seconds after he spawned in and lost everything. He had just turned Level 5 so they were looking for those who maybe hadn't flipped the Slap Switch yet.

The Stash and CAMP issues were bothering me. I found two Power Armor Suits, one with two armor parts that was at a high level and had to store. This is where I ran into problems. With Fallout 4, you got several suits and could park them in your Safe Zone..Settlement or House in Diamond City without fear of being stolen but also you didn't need to store them. You now have to and that's taken up space. And the Power Armor Station cost is insane at 1000 Caps. But why bother when your CAMP can be destroyed. I actually came across more wide open CAMPS...crafting benches with a Cooking Fire and no walls than ones built...

Another part that's not working or at least I never hardly saw was The Events....sort of like those in Destiny or in Elder Scrolls The Dolmens (Anchors). For me, about 85% of the time I saw these pop up on the map and no-one was around them. For a game that's trying to lure and keep players involved, this part is not working. During the Beta they did work but the (23) other on the map are all-over the place and sometimes you would see 3-4 of these going on. Need to make them more attractive loot wise and possibly share loot....first come gets it and usually something that doesn't get you 1-2 Bottlecaps....why bother when fast traveling costs more plus you probably end up using more Health Aids and might get attacked.

Update On Patch Notes Coming.... Fallout 76 Patch Notes Released, No Mention of PS4 Performance Improvements ...only 3gb; stash,
auto-weapons, balancing, boss loot...
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/...e_improvements

Redeyejoker 12-01-18 03:07 PM

For anyone that’s played in the past 3 or 4 recently. Did there weapons break so easily. This is a joke. They seem to break way easily in this game

Ginwen 12-02-18 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Redeyejoker (Post 13453835)
For anyone that’s played in the past 3 or 4 recently. Did there weapons break so easily. This is a joke. They seem to break way easily in this game

Agree. Hope they tone that down a bit, I am constantly short of adhesive even though I’ve found some spots with lots.

One thing that has made the game more fun me is there is a bug that lets you carry as much as you want, I’m sure they’ll fix it soon since it probably totally destabilizes the game, but for now it lets me go far afield and pick up everything which has helped me in myriad ways including having more caps, adequate food and water, mostly having stuff to repair my things and build up my camp a bit (except adhesive).

nickdawgy 12-03-18 12:33 AM

What bug was that. I was always over encumbered.

K&AJones 12-03-18 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 13454485)

It's a glitch that's been exploited but has had consequences. A lot on the official forum are not seeing even worse lag, more frequent disconnects and game crashes every 5 minutes. The Weight Glitch doesn't appear as bad but the XP Glitch does seem to have more on crashes and DC"s. More on Reddit from someone who did some tests....

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...eight_exploit/

And if you're heading there another has gone thru and actually compiled a list of known bugs.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...gs_in_fallout/

Brian Shannon 12-03-18 06:21 AM

Still enjoying the game, going slowly doing the main quest line. Only one bug so far, I lost my quests and resolved it by logging out/in again.

No one has attacked me, done a few events and trying to learn more about C.A.M.P

Gooter 12-03-18 08:00 AM

I had one asshat who followed me around for 10 minutes attacking me. I never fought back and even used friendly emotes to get him to move on. I had another guy follow me around and spam me with group requests. Both times I logged and joined another world.

Redeyejoker 12-03-18 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon (Post 13454518)
Still enjoying the game, going slowly doing the main quest line. Only one bug so far, I lost my quests and resolved it by logging out/in again.

No one has attacked me, done a few events and trying to learn more about C.A.M.P

I’m enjoying it as well I’m on the fire breathers side mission. This thing seems to go on forever.

Ginwen 12-03-18 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 13454485)

It mght get fixed tomorrow, but you just repeatedly equip and unequip an item with “pocketed”. Eventually your capacity goes negative, and then you can carry as much as you want. If they fix it at the same time they update the stash to 600, I’ll still be ok.

I could manage anyway at this point since I have a better idea what I need to carry around (although all the water I have kind of kills me) but it is more fun when I can pick everything up without heading back all the time since most of what I find is useful.

Redeyejoker 12-04-18 07:10 PM

Just got this email from Bethesda about my CE Armor edition. I just copied the first part

Dear Customer,

We are finalizing manufacturing plans for replacement canvas bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. If you purchased the CE, please submit a ticket following the process below by Jan. 31, 2019. We’ll arrange to send you a replacement as soon as the bags are ready.

1. Click this link to submit a ticket to our support team (This will work best if you are already logged in at help.bethesda.net ).
2. Fill out each field as requested. Be sure to include your complete shipping address, including your street address, city, state, country, and postal code (if applicable).
3. Attach your reciept or invoice as requested, it must have your full name, Bethesda.net username and email address legibly printed on it.
4. Click Submit, you should see a ticket number appear on the page.

K&AJones 12-05-18 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Redeyejoker (Post 13455663)
Just got this email from Bethesda about my CE Armor edition. I just copied the first part

Dear Customer,

We are finalizing manufacturing plans for replacement canvas bags for the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. If you purchased the CE, please submit a ticket following the process below by Jan. 31, 2019. We’ll arrange to send you a replacement as soon as the bags are ready.

1. Click this link to submit a ticket to our support team (This will work best if you are already logged in at help.bethesda.net ).
2. Fill out each field as requested. Be sure to include your complete shipping address, including your street address, city, state, country, and postal code (if applicable).
3. Attach your reciept or invoice as requested, it must have your full name, Bethesda.net username and email address legibly printed on it.
4. Click Submit, you should see a ticket number appear on the page.

I really hope all that ordered that gets what they're due...and plus more. That whole thing & deal from the way they handled it to "Game Reviewers" getting the Total Package Free while consumers got screwed is really just low of the low considering this is Bethesda. I know it's been a hot topic on the official forum and not just from those who bought it. It's been on several Game Sites covering as well.

mattysemo247 12-05-18 09:54 PM

And it gets even better

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-support-...1830892930/amp

K&AJones 12-06-18 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 13456523)

I saw that and wasn't going to post since it seems with Bethesda and Fallout 76 it's been like the saying goes..."When it rains...it pours"...and since it's pouring might as well add this...

Report: Bethesda’s Starfield Already Facing Development Problems, CEO Is A “Criminal”

https://zetgaming.com/2018/12/05/rep...is-a-criminal/

K&AJones 12-18-18 04:54 PM

Well...for those holding your breath on waiting for that Power Armor Edition Canvas Bag....might be holding it a bit longer......I mean this has gone beyond pathetic...the entire 76 fiasco.....

Fallout 76 Power Armor Buyers Could Have a Six-Month Wait for Canvas Bag Replacements

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...wait/#/slide/1