Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-18, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Re: Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Yeah, I guess I will just go with the Gold Edition and spend an extra $10 on the permanent XP boost that I linked the article to earlier. Seems like a better use of resources.
Old 11-14-18, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy
when is DLC out?
First one is already out :

Ubisoft has a ton of DLC planned for its latest open-world adventure, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and players can now jump into the game's first free post-launch story mission. The first chapter in The Lost Tales of Greece is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC as part of Odyssey's new 1.0.6 update, which also makes a number of other changes and improvements to the game.

Once players have installed the update, they'll be able to jump into a new questline titled The Show Must Go On. In the patch notes on Reddit, Ubisoft says that the quest is open to all players who have made it to chapter 5 of the story and can be found in the Elis region, but it recommends that you reach at least level 34 before tackling the new questline.

The Lost Tales of Greece is a series of free story missions that Ubisoft will release "between" the game's paid DLC episodes. Ubisoft says these will "feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey." Players can also purchase a Season Pass, which entitles them to two "major" storylines broken up into three episodes apiece. The first of these, Legacy of the First Blade, is slated to kick off this December.

With no new Assassin's Creed game coming in 2019, Ubisoft will support Odyssey with a regular stream of post-launch content. First, the publisher will roll out additional story missions called The Lost Tales of Greece to all players for free. These missions will be released "regularly" between the game's paid DLC episodes and "will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey," according to Ubisoft.

In addition to that, all players will be able to take part in daily and weekly contracts, and a new epic ship or mercenary will appear each week. Ubisoft will also release a free Discovery Tour mode like the one added to last year's title, Assassin's Creed Origins, which will allow players to explore the game world and learn more about Ancient Greece without taking on any enemies or quests. A New Game Plus mode and other content drops, like new mythical creatures to battle, are also in the works.

Those who purchase the Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass, meanwhile, will receive even more content. First, Season Pass owners will have access to two "major" storylines broken up into three episodes apiece. The first arc, called Legacy of the First Blade, will begin this December and "will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade." The second story arc, The Fate of Atlantis, kicks off Spring 2019 and is centered around the fabled sunken city.

Old 11-14-18, 11:19 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Yeah, I guess I will just go with the Gold Edition and spend an extra $10 on the permanent XP boost that I linked the article to earlier. Seems like a better use of resources.
I reached level 50, the max, LONG before finishing the game. XP boost is wasted on this. Also, the most recent patch fixed level scaling a bit so you don't run into content above your level, and scaled some story missions with your current level.
Old 11-14-18, 11:28 PM

^ Wow, that's good to know. Thanks fox. I'll try it and see.

You have any thoughts about that Deluxe content? Not worth an additional $13, right?
Old 11-15-18, 07:43 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the gear you get in the deluxe edition is worthless. There is so much gear in the game that within an hour of playing you will have better gear. It is not even legendary or epic gear, just rare gear.

I honestly don't see any need to upgrade unless you go for the Gold Edition which does include the season pass, so you will get extra story content and the remastered Ass Creed 3.
Old 11-15-18, 11:09 AM

That's what I'm getting then - Gold Edition it is. Thanks Fox!
Old 11-15-18, 08:51 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

forgot i bought the Gold with DLC. can't wait to get there and try to conquer that Cyclops eventually. that looks cool...
Old 11-16-18, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well I can't stay away from this game and even RDR2 is getting pushed to one side to go back to it. I did the Cyclops mission this week and being level 50 for a while and with some pretty fantastic legendary weapons, armor, upgrades and engravings means that it was not a problem at all and killed it first attempt. I have been doing the weekly challenges that reward you with items for your ship, crew etc and as I mentioned the timed missions that give you rewards to purchase special weekly legendary items. Bought everything so far and still plenty of reserves for more to come. I decided to also visit every single location on the map just to open everything. I figured that as I still have more than 50 missions in my mission list (almost half though are actually complete and just pending my collecting the reward) I could sacrifice the XP it gives. By the time the first major DLC comes out and the cap gets raised I will probably go up two levels straight away by collecting my XP from completed missions.
Old 11-16-18, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by foxdvd
the gear you get in the deluxe edition is worthless. There is so much gear in the game that within an hour of playing you will have better gear. It is not even legendary or epic gear, just rare gear.

I honestly don't see any need to upgrade unless you go for the Gold Edition which does include the season pass, so you will get extra story content and the remastered Ass Creed 3.
yeah, the gear is crap and useless in no time, but the other stuff will be well worth it.
Old 11-17-18, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quick question. Has anyone downloaded the latest update and noticed anything out of the ordinary? I and because I just booted the game up and noticed that I have 8 ability points waiting to be used that have come out of nowhere. Has this update taken into account any additional XP gained after capping out?
Old 11-17-18, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

OK. So I see that XP and ability points can now be gained even if you cap out. It does look like the Cap is still 50 though.

Update: Cap level has been raised. I just hit 51. Time to go collect all my rewards and continue doing missions.

Last edited by james2025a; 11-17-18 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-17-18, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by james2025a
Well I can't stay away from this game and even RDR2 is getting pushed to one side to go back to it. I did the Cyclops mission this week and being level 50 for a while and with some pretty fantastic legendary weapons, armor, upgrades and engravings means that it was not a problem at all and killed it first attempt. I have been doing the weekly challenges that reward you with items for your ship, crew etc and as I mentioned the timed missions that give you rewards to purchase special weekly legendary items. Bought everything so far and still plenty of reserves for more to come. I decided to also visit every single location on the map just to open everything. I figured that as I still have more than 50 missions in my mission list (almost half though are actually complete and just pending my collecting the reward) I could sacrifice the XP it gives. By the time the first major DLC comes out and the cap gets raised I will probably go up two levels straight away by collecting my XP from completed missions.
so what level should you be so the Cyclops fight isn't a cinch, but isn't a walkover either? and without spoilers, was it a cool battle?
Old 11-17-18, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I think the Cyclops needs to be probably taken at level 30 or more (with Origins I know special events required certain levels to start), but I would say at least 35 and some decent weapons. Its not hard, just got to make sure he doesn't hit you too much. He can give serious amounts of damage, but arrows from a distance make it easier.

Well I stopped playing an hour ago and am about half way through my XP to level 58. Did a lot today, went and collected a lot of my rewards, took on and beat Medusa and the Minotaur. Went back to the Arena and beat the final tier of champions, clearing all contenders, completed the 100 man battle and did a number of other missions. Its amazing that this games is so damn addictive.
Old 11-17-18, 09:23 PM

You fight a fucking Minotaur and Medusa?? Are you kidding? It’s like interactive Clash of the Titans (Hamlin version). Are those solo quests/missions opened much much later in game?

Thanks for tip on Cyclops. I’m a ways away. Only 17 right now. But this is the only game I want/desire to play...
Old 11-18-18, 12:04 AM

Well, after playing Origins off and on for a year, I finally plowed ahead and finished off the main story this afternoon so I could start on Odyssey. (I could probably still play Origins for another year with all the side missions and DLC left).

I went ahead and started Odyssey this afternoon. It's very similar but looks a little better. It struck me as kind of a shame that they've made this awesome, strong female protagonist in Kassandra and yet probably more than half the gamers who play this game won't even know because playing as her is completely optional. I know choice is always a good thing, but part of me just wishes that Ubisoft had just stuck with her so she can be mentioned with Lara Croft and... maybe Samus. There just are so few strong female VG leads and she certainly seems to be one.

I blew like 200+ Ubi points on the Ubi Club items for this game. No need to save them up since I had them in my account and I figured this will be the only Ubisoft game I'd be playing for quite a while. Nice that you can now buy the previously Game Stop-exclusive Blind King mission using 40 Ubi points.

Old Boy : What did you end up spending all your mistakenly purchased Helix credits on? I went ahead and got the combo XP and Drachma booster combo because I don't get to play games as much as I'd like and figured turbo charging my progress would make sense for me. I still have like 900 left over and will wait to see if any items are worth picking up. In Origins, we got some credits with the Gold Edition and I bought a Unicorn camel skin that I never stopped using and loving.
Old 11-18-18, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy
You fight a fucking Minotaur and Medusa?? Are you kidding? It’s like interactive Clash of the Titans (Hamlin version). Are those solo quests/missions opened much much later in game?

Thanks for tip on Cyclops. I’m a ways away. Only 17 right now. But this is the only game I want/desire to play...
I was going to spoiler it, but as all these monsters have been used in advertising I dodnt think it necessary.

Yeah, each is a challenge in its own right, but if you stick with them they can be beaten in a reasonable amount of times. They are single journey storylines that are seperate really to the main journey, but if you are like me you want to do every single thing in the game. I opened the missions up to the point where i knew i was about to face off against them, but left them until the cap got raised. You can always come back to them later on. Medusa took me about 3 attempts. I will say that having a good bow, decent arrows and an engravement that provides poison/fire to arrows is a big help. It takes off a good amount of energy, especially head shots, and provides good stamina boosts. I would suggest only taking these on at higher levels once you have upped your abilities, weapons and damage. Upgrade legendary weapons when you can. I don't think the missions come too far into the game, it all depends I guess where you go and what order you decide to do things.

The good thing about these missions is that they are not timed events, so concentrate on building up your character and weapons/armor before taking them on.

Last edited by james2025a; 11-18-18 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-18-18, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also see that via the Ubi club there have been a number of free items given away over the last few weeks. Worth logging on just for those. I have some free Helix points and have been using them to buy a couple of things, but nowhere near enough for the best looking skins.

I did notice that you can pay real money for in game money. Crazy if anyone pays for this if you ask me. In the game I already have over a million drachma, and I have spent tonnes on upgrades and my ship is once again fully upgraded. It doesn't take long in this game to gain XP or money, just gotta look at which missions give the most.

Last edited by james2025a; 11-18-18 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-18-18, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Old Boy : What did you end up spending all your mistakenly purchased Helix credits on? I went ahead and got the combo XP and Drachma booster combo because I don't get to play games as much as I'd like and figured turbo charging my progress would make sense for me. I still have like 900 left over and will wait to see if any items are worth picking up. In Origins, we got some credits with the Gold Edition and I bought a Unicorn camel skin that I never stopped using and loving.
i bought everything i could, i believe. xp, drachma, some maps, all of it. very helpful...
Old 11-18-18, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Today is also the last day to claim the free stuff on Twitch if you have Prime.
Old 11-21-18, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

This game will be $40 in Wal-Mart Canada for Black Friday which is a great price here. Best Buy Canada will have it for $50.

I'll try to get one at Wal-Mart on Friday.
Old 11-21-18, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So up to level 65. I came across another Legendary Boar to fight. This one kills you by farting deadly gas...not joking. I have come to realize that the Eros bow combined with the explosive/deadly arrows can make some of these battles easier.

It's amazing the sheer number of quests. I have been trying to get through as many as possible, but my list is still at 42. Doesn't look like I will be completing the game before hitting the next cap. Tempted to hold off playing as a DLC is incoming in December. Unless they raise the cap again (which I doubt) I better slow it down.
Old 11-21-18, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

$49.99 @ Best Buy

$29.99 @ Best Buy
Old 11-22-18, 12:08 PM

this game just enthralls me...
Old 11-22-18, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Apparently not, if you are posting about it instead of playing...
Old 11-22-18, 12:45 PM

took a break

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.