Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-16-18, 06:37 PM   #126
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Credit goes where credit is due...Well Done Fox...Hats Off and a Big Salute...
I haven't gotten any stutters on my end (PS4).
Old 10-16-18, 06:48 PM   #127
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

would a delete and redownload do it? will i lose save game?
Old 10-16-18, 08:24 PM   #128
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

No idea, I don't have an Xb1, but I don't see why it would.
Old 10-16-18, 08:56 PM   #129
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

anyone know what i can do, why it's doing this, etc...?
Old 10-16-18, 08:56 PM   #130
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
No idea, I don't have an Xb1, but I don't see why it would.
and no hiccups like i describe at all on PS4, right?
Old 10-17-18, 12:13 AM   #131
foxdvd
gamer for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
I have a ps4 pro and it runs smooth...

quick google search shows problems with the xbox one version so there is nothing you can do but wait for a patch...

My Countdown Counting down to: THE FINAL
777 days 6 hours 20 minutes
Old 10-17-18, 12:14 PM   #132
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I have a ps4 pro and it runs smooth...

quick google search shows problems with the xbox one version so there is nothing you can do but wait for a patch...
ok, thanks fox for the info. still doesn't temper my thorough enjoyment of this game...
Old 10-17-18, 04:38 PM   #133
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

20 hours in and the real ultimate villain finally got revealed...

Spoiler:
It's the fucking people who post photos on top of fast travel points, making me have to spend an hour to nudge the icon just right so I can get the fast travel option instead of their dumb picture!
Old 10-17-18, 06:41 PM   #134
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

there is just so much to do and so much variety it's incredible, but never feels overwhelming and so much fun all at once...
Old 10-17-18, 10:31 PM   #135
beckham

Quote:
I get it too Oldboy. Itís like the screen freezes for 5 seconds but I still here the audio.
Old 10-17-18, 10:39 PM   #136
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckham View Post
I get it too Oldboy. Itís like the screen freezes for 5 seconds but I still here the audio.
Ok. It is what it it. Theyíll hopefully fix soon. As I said, still doesnít detract from one of the most addictive, immersive world games that Iíve ever played...
Old 10-19-18, 09:59 AM   #137
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Question on hunting....or more specifically the animals.....I need I think "Hard Leather"...from Hippos and Gators yet I haven't seen a single one in this first area. The best so far are Mountain Lions and Hyenas.

So I assume I can only do so much in terms of leveling stuff/gear up before moving on to the other area.

Also, I've found one merchant i can actually talk to and see their store, The Weaver. The Blacksmith just has the icon but I can't get him to talk. And the Weaver only offers Special Outfits and I'm content with the Desert Cobra or whatever it's called I got from the Deluxe. I've had to move on from the weapons though, found some a bit better and stronger. Is it advisable to breakdown or sell the Gold Weapons?

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 10-19-18, 12:02 PM   #138
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Question on hunting....or more specifically the animals.....I need I think "Hard Leather"...from Hippos and Gators yet I haven't seen a single one in this first area. The best so far are Mountain Lions and Hyenas.

So I assume I can only do so much in terms of leveling stuff/gear up before moving on to the other area.

Also, I've found one merchant i can actually talk to and see their store, The Weaver. The Blacksmith just has the icon but I can't get him to talk. And the Weaver only offers Special Outfits and I'm content with the Desert Cobra or whatever it's called I got from the Deluxe. I've had to move on from the weapons though, found some a bit better and stronger. Is it advisable to breakdown or sell the Gold Weapons?
Are you playing Origins or Odyssey? It sounds like Origins to me. You need to leave Siwa and then the map will open up and you'll find plenty of Hippos and gators. I didn't sell everything in my inventory since they are no limit of items you can have on them.
Old 10-19-18, 03:50 PM   #139
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
Are you playing Origins or Odyssey? It sounds like Origins to me. You need to leave Siwa and then the map will open up and you'll find plenty of Hippos and gators. I didn't sell everything in my inventory since they are no limit of items you can have on them.
Sorry about this...I was at work when I posted this and had people talking to me in the middle of it...this is supposed to be in the "Origins Topic"....

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 10-19-18, 07:58 PM   #140
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

i was gonna say the blacksmith always buys and sells stuff with me (in Odyssey). not to mention upgrades and engraves...
Old 10-19-18, 08:04 PM   #141
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

is there somewhere it says how long you've played?

also, it's funny, i think i've played whatever hours, many, but only did 1 or 2 actual story missions. but, what amazes me, is that it seems the side missions are all tied into main story in some way, some minute, but some seem rather larger. Odessa side mission for one. they are not like superfluous. i can't imagine how long this is gonna take me...
Old 10-20-18, 01:56 AM   #142
foxdvd
gamer for life

when you save, it says how long you have played.

A few tips from my time with the game..

Tablets are needed to upgrade your ship. Once you get around level 20-30, there is a small chance they will show up at the blacksmith. Always buy all of them. The chance they show up goes up as you level up. Unless you plan on following a guide, you will have a BIG need for tablets as you level your ship up past the first 3 segments. BUY BUY BUY every time.

While it is nice to break down items, I find it is actually better in some cases to sell them, and use the money to buy resources. I would always clear out the leather/iron ect. from the blacksmith each time I visited. What I found was for around 2000-3000 bucks I could buy 200 iron and 200 leather. I could easily sale one item for that much late game, or break it down for only 5 to 10 of those resources. You need to break down from time to time to get some of the other upgrades, but balance this with an equal amount of selling and buying resources.

One of the, if not THE best combat skills for active open combat actually comes in the assassin tree...Hero Strike. If you, like me, pump as much bonus damage as possible into assassin damage, this skill, for only 1 adrenaline bar, will hit harder than a 3 segment overpower attack. In fact it hits for about 3-4 times as much damage in my game.

You eventually get two skill bars for active combat. My suggestion is to have your stealth skills on one bar and active combat skills on another so you are not switching back and forth during each situation. The only duplicate I had on both wheels was Hero Strike since it works for both situations.

Most will already know this, but the 5 piece legendary bonus for armor is unlocked once you have all 5 pieces. You can then put that bonus on armor pieces. Some skills need to be on certain pieces, but the way it works out is you can have up to 4 total set skills active at once, or 5 if you also use a legendary set. With this, I had the 15% Assassin abilities, 10% all abilities, 2% life steal (which is amazing), 25% cooldown of all skills along with another 6 legendary weapon bonuses (damage becomes poison, 25% elite bonus, 40% bonus from behind, 20% hero strike bonus, 20% Ghost arrows bonus) All active at once.

Finally I have used every skill in the game and wanted to give a score on what I think of them. I am sure some of these will be better for others, and I do tend to like to play 80% stealth, but here is my opinion.

Hunter tree

SIXTH SENSE: C+ It is worth taking one point in this so you can get a few seconds to kill someone who sees you in stealth. The actual bonus bow damage is really not worth it, and in truth it will only save you a few times in the game, but still worth one point

SPREAD SHOT: C A lot of the bow skills are worthless, and while this is not bad, when compared to another group arrow skill it just falls behind. Can do some damage to single target when close, but otherwise skip.

PREDATOR SHOT: F Does a lot less damage than Devastating Shot, for the benefit of hitting things farther away. The problem is the extra range is not needed. In almost EVERY situation Devastating Shot hits far enough and does more damage, making this skill a waste of a spot.

ARROW MASTER: A- I would only take the first two levels, but having fire and poison arrows is amazing, and can really help in tough fights.

MULTI-SHOT: B Really good for large groups of animals and in conquest when using fire or poison arrows.

DEVASTATING SHOT: B+ Hits like a truck and can usually take out anyone if you spec a bit into hunter tree.

BEAST MASTER: C Can be nice, but your pet does not hit hard enough without using a lot of skills to be any help, and the AI is messed up and will even cause your pet to turn on you. One nice thing is your pet can draw aggro in active combat.

RAIN OF DESTRUCTION: F Just does not have a large enough area to be useful.

ARCHERY MASTER: A Max this boy out. Even if you don't plan on using a bow take two levels, because it fills up partial adrenaline bars automatically outside active combat. If you do plan on using a bow, 40% bonus damage and another 40% headshot damage makes the bow usable.

OVERPOWER BOW STRIKE: F-. Seriously, it is all in the math. Using up 3 segments for this skill, is a waste of resources. It needs to be lowered to 2 segments, and 1 with the legendary skill, then it would make sense....but you HAVE to take it to get the best skill in the hunter tree.

GHOST ARROWS OF ARTERMIS: A+ OMG. Being able to take anyone out that you have tagged, through any object, even walls, is amazing. Taking out 5 people in a row that are 50 yards away behind 8 walls, and not getting spotted is almost broken. You have to spec some in hunter tree to really get this working but if you do it is amazing.

Warrior Tree:

BULL RUSH: D Does not hit hard enough or take people out of combat long enough to waste a spot.

Sparta Kick: D At first I was into this skill. All the online reviews said it was amazing. Then after a while I fell out of love with this skill. Does very little damage, and will knock low level enemies down, but late game so many enemies have immunity it is worthless, especially when compared to other skills in the warrior tree.

CHARGED HEAVY ATTACK: D Takes too long, and in most situation you will have little time to charge up. If you do have time, it is quicker to get three hits off before one charge attack. I guess one point is not bad.

SECOND WIND: A+ Especially level 3. One of the most useful skills in the game.

WEAPONS MASTER: A Not real sexy, but very good for ALL builds since the bonus crit chance is for all attacks, not just warrior.

SHIELD BREAKER: A Fast skill with little cooldown, and takes out shields instantly and at level 3 knocks back and stuns a bunch of people. Late game it is almost mandatory.

RING OF CHAOS: B if you don't have fire skill, A if you do. This skill makes Bull Rush and the Sparta kick worthless. Nice stun, but even better if you use the active fire, since it will catch EVERYONE around you on fire when activated. Actually almost broken if you combo the two skills.

GEAR MASTER: B+. Another non-sexy skill that just helps you stay alive.

OVERPOWER ATTACKS: F. Just like the bow one, this sucks.

FIRE MASTERY/Flame attacks: A. Fire damage is broken in this game. I used poison because I had a lot of gear that had bonuses for it, but honestly fire hits like a truck.

BATTLECRY OF ARES: A+ The bonus damage is nice, but the real key with this skill is save it when you are about to die, and you get 20 seconds of immunity to death, allowing you to kill or heal or get away from your bad situation.

Assassin Abilities.

SHADOW ASSASSIN: A Must have unless you plan on 100% open combat.

Venomous/Poison mastery: B Not as good as fire, but you want one or the other.

REVELATION: F-------- Seriously, a waste of time. Your bird is better, and if you honestly can't find a chest that is 10 feet from you, give up.

RUSH ASSASSINATION: A+ Oh man this skill is fun and powerful. Pro-tip, you can come back to a person you already hit that did not die. In fact, if you have 4 people close together, target the most powerful first, chain into the other 3, and finish back where you started. 4 down all for one bar. AMAZING skill and a lot of fun.

VANISH: B+ Great get out of jail free skill. Works on everyone but yellow animals. Run away or hide or kill...your choice.

CRITICAL ASSASSINATION: A Another great skill allowing you to take out the REAL hard enemies.

HERO STRIKE: A++ Maybe my favorite skill in the game, though rush assassination is the most fun. Hits so hard and fast, and give you invincibility frames as you level it up.

CALL TO ARMS: F. If they allowed you to use this in combat it would be better.

STEALTH MASTER: B Not sexy but needed if you want to stay in stealth.

SLOW TIME: F. If it also did not slow you down so much maybe it would be worth it, but in every situation vanish is better.

SHADOW OF NYX: A- Takes some practice, and only good at level 3. But, you can run all around and never be seen, and if you move behind cover and turn it off before it uses up a full bar, and let your bar fill up from the skill in the hunter tree, it does not even use up adrenaline.

Old 10-20-18, 11:22 AM   #143
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks Fox

I'm still early in the game, but agree with some of those - like the Spartan Kick, was great for knocking people off cliffs, but the higher level I get, the more useless it is.
Old 10-20-18, 12:11 PM   #144
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Yeah, thanks fox. Good tips. I never even use the bow and arrow (at least not yet) let alone use ability points to upgrade. Use it mostly for assassin skills and melee stuff. Love the poison effect on enemies. Only level 12 and still in beginning stages...
Old 10-20-18, 06:03 PM   #145
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

can you save up ability points, or everything just 1, just need to be certain level to unlock?
Old 10-20-18, 07:02 PM   #146
foxdvd
gamer for life

Quote:
can you save up ability points, or everything just 1, just need to be certain level to unlock?
you don't have to use ability points, but there is no reason to save them. Some skills don't unlock until you level up or level up your spear later in the game...at any point you can respec your skills for super cheap. When on the skill menu look in the bottom right and it will say how to respec.

Old 10-20-18, 07:31 PM   #147
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
you don't have to use ability points, but there is no reason to save them. Some skills don't unlock until you level up or level up your spear later in the game...at any point you can respec your skills for super cheap. When on the skill menu look in the bottom right and it will say how to respec.
what is best weapon for melee attacks? mind you i'm almost level 13, but i like the daggers or the swords. seem to have best and fastest control and do good damage with poison. they are also upgraded and engraved...

also, is there a way to tell using map where the Ainigmata Ostraka is in a given area that has? i've been using online guide, but got to be way in game, yes?
Old 10-20-18, 09:01 PM   #148
foxdvd
gamer for life

Quote:
what is best weapon for melee attacks? mind you i'm almost level 13, but i like the daggers or the swords. seem to have best and fastest control and do good damage with poison. they are also upgraded and engraved...

also, is there a way to tell using map where the Ainigmata Ostraka is in a given area that has? i've been using online guide, but got to be way in game, yes?
I never messed with the ainigmata ostraka...

As for best weapon...for me I really liked the daggers...the staff was probably my second favorite...

Old 10-20-18, 09:40 PM   #149
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
I never messed with the ainigmata ostraka...

As for best weapon...for me I really liked the daggers...the staff was probably my second favorite...
what are they for anyway? i can't sell them, i don't think...
Old 10-20-18, 10:14 PM   #150
foxdvd
gamer for life

Quote:
what are they for anyway? i can't sell them, i don't think...
clue for hidden treasure in the area...

Sponsored Links