Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Old 04-17-20, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
There are also special bows and engravings that you can get that turn all arrows into poison and fire arrows without having to craft them. You might not be that far into the game for those to start showing up.

I really haven't sen Special Bows...just Gold Armor Pcs that are part of Set Pcs.....I'm wondering though getting some of these early on; if later I do end up getting a Full Set if and how much it would be worth upgrading. Though I'm just 27, taking a item and upgrading it from 22-24 is still a lot....I've seen some set pcs though that would seem to be worth it...I think there's a Spartan Warrior Set or something that with all pcs you get a extra 50% Damage Boost...that would come in handy with those Conquest Battles.....

At first I though I had found a "Easter Egg" in the Foundry with the four Forges.....The Spear, The Sword, Some Polearm looking weapons and then a huge two-hand Battle Axe...which I first thought part of the future AC: Ragnarok.... a Viking Axe....

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-17-20 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-18-20, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking forward to playing this. I just ordered the Ultimate Edition from the PS Store. $29.99 (normally goes for $119.99)
Old 04-18-20, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
I really haven't sen Special Bows...just Gold Armor Pcs that are part of Set Pcs.....I'm wondering though getting some of these early on; if later I do end up getting a Full Set if and how much it would be worth upgrading. Though I'm just 27, taking a item and upgrading it from 22-24 is still a lot....I've seen some set pcs though that would seem to be worth it...I think there's a Spartan Warrior Set or something that with all pcs you get a extra 50% Damage Boost...that would come in handy with those Conquest Battles.....

At first I though I had found a "Easter Egg" in the Foundry with the four Forges.....The Spear, The Sword, Some Polearm looking weapons and then a huge two-hand Battle Axe...which I first thought part of the future AC: Ragnarok.... a Viking Axe....
There's an armor set later on that will resurrect you with full health if you die. I have that equipped and I upgrade it, but it costs a lot of drachmae and materials.
Old 04-19-20, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
There's an armor set later on that will resurrect you with full health if you die. I have that equipped and I upgrade it, but it costs a lot of drachmae and materials.

I've started to at least put pieces of Legendary Sets in storage and see if I can use them later....shame don't get a Mercenary Discount on Upgrade, just Buying and Engraving which at Tier 8 now I'm saving a lot. I'm at a very important part of the Story now regarding...Mom...but I've stalled at getting clues to Cultists for some reason along with getting and finding Tablets to upgrade the Ship which so far is doing pretty good....I have four Legendary Lieutenants with good boost in Arrow, Javelin and Stamina....I hardly board anymore just lighting them up and then cut in half....just need tablets to upgrade....
Old 06-04-20, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm about 6 or so hours into this game and LOVING it. While I didn't clear out every ounce of the map in Origins, I find myself exploring every inch in Odyssey. I'm playing as Kassandra.

I do find "stealing" as an odd addition to this game. If it's there, I'm taking it. Do you get a different ending if you steal often?
Old 06-04-20, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I'm about 6 or so hours into this game and LOVING it. While I didn't clear out every ounce of the map in Origins, I find myself exploring every inch in Odyssey. I'm playing as Kassandra.

I do find "stealing" as an odd addition to this game. If it's there, I'm taking it. Do you get a different ending if you steal often?
You picked the right character. Her voice acting is far superior. I don't think stealing effects anything, IIRC. It's been a good few months since I've fired it up. You have easily 100+ hours ahead of you; enjoy the ride!
Old 06-04-20, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

The only thing that happens if there are people around that catch you stealing, you will get a bounty and the citizens might try to fight you.
Old 06-04-20, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Ah, ok... good to know. I try to play "just" characters generally... but I can't pass up the free cash
Old 10-19-20, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally wrapped this up... I figure I have over 100 hours into it and am glad to be done. I really hope Valhalla cuts out some of the nonsense missions and gives us a bit better story and less filler.

I enjoyed the Greek setting more than Origins but I enjoyed the Origins story far more.
Old 10-19-20, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally wrapped this up... I figure I have over 100 hours into it and am glad to be done. I really hope Valhalla cuts out some of the nonsense missions and gives us a bit better story and less filler.

I enjoyed the Greek setting more than Origins but I enjoyed the Origins story far more.
Could you please give me any guidance on what I need to do to wrap this up? I am 87 hours in, have really enjoyed it, but am ready to be done, def. before the PS5 launch date. Like you mentioned, there are just SO many side/nonsense missions. Right now I am about to get the last Atlantis artifact. Thanks.
Old 10-20-20, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
Could you please give me any guidance on what I need to do to wrap this up? I am 87 hours in, have really enjoyed it, but am ready to be done, def. before the PS5 launch date. Like you mentioned, there are just SO many side/nonsense missions. Right now I am about to get the last Atlantis artifact. Thanks.
you really only need to complete the main Odyssey missions... if you stick to those, you'll blow thru the cult leaders and get the final cut scene.

I did get all the Atlantis artifacts and while they were cool, Medusa was difficult as hell and in the end, the cut scene was one of the longest, most boring things about the game. It did offer a cool tie-in to the present so if you're on the last one, you might as well finish it.
Old 10-20-20, 10:09 AM

you really only need to complete the main Odyssey missions... if you stick to those, you'll blow thru the cult leaders and get the final cut scene.

I did get all the Atlantis artifacts and while they were cool, Medusa was difficult as hell and in the end, the cut scene was one of the longest, most boring things about the game. It did offer a cool tie-in to the present so if you're on the last one, you might as well finish it.
Ugh that's exactly where I'm at, Medusa. After that I'll focus purely on the Odyssey missions. It's been loads of fun, but I'm getting close to being over it... Thanks.
Old 10-20-20, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ So just do yourself a favor and youtube how to beat her. It's not the hack n slash method. Took me at least 10 tries (on easy) even after watching the tutorial. I suck at gaming but that was beyond frustrating.
Old 10-20-20, 12:05 PM

^^ So just do yourself a favor and youtube how to beat her. It's not the hack n slash method. Took me at least 10 tries (on easy) even after watching the tutorial. I suck at gaming but that was beyond frustrating.
I am absolutely not above doing that and will do so. Thx for the tip.

Edit: So glad I took this advice. Watched one YouTube, followed it, and was able to beat her on the first try. It is a LONG battle and I went through like a million arrows. At one point when all those dudes are wailing on you while you try to hide behind a pillar I was in the red, probably 3/4 into the battle, so it was a pretty close call. Phew

Last edited by uteotw; 10-26-20 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-10-20, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Love the Discovery Tour mode.