Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Old 03-11-19, 03:57 PM

Re: Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Yes, there is an achievement for putting Legendaries in all 4 slots... it's called "The Argonauts".

You can easily get legendary lieutenants for your ship by knocking legendary mercenaries/enemies unconscious (rather than killing them) and recruiting them.
Old 03-14-19, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Not played this in several weeks now. Might play this week to see if any new weekly achievement. Looming forward to the free remaster this month.
Old 03-15-19, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by T-bone22 View Post
Yes, there is an achievement for putting Legendaries in all 4 slots... it's called "The Argonauts".

You can easily get legendary lieutenants for your ship by knocking legendary mercenaries/enemies unconscious (rather than killing them) and recruiting them.
Wait, I can know mercenaries out? I've played this entire game plus the DLC and did not know that. In many cases, I can't even assassinate the mercenaries. I do some damage but not enough to kill them.
Old 03-15-19, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ytrez View Post
Wait, I can know mercenaries out? I've played this entire game plus the DLC and did not know that. In many cases, I can't even assassinate the mercenaries. I do some damage but not enough to kill them.
You really gotta have your Assassin skills fully leveled and gear that gives +Assassin damage to stealth kill mercs. I'm not sure what determines their health pool other than level but I've been able to take out a few, while others are almost dead after the stealth attack.
Old 03-15-19, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by ytrez View Post
You have to use a non lethal attack at the end of a fight to knock them out. My method is to get them down to just a sliver of health with your weapons, then finish them off with a Spartan kick. Once they are knocked out, walk up to them and you will get a "Recruit" prompt. Don't use weapons with fire or poison as the chip away damage can kill them before you land that final Spartan kick.

It could take some practice as you may accidentally kill them trying to get their health low enough for that final kick. Doesn't have to be a mercenary, there's usually a legendary captain in forts. I have recruited some awesome legendary mercenaries with great perks and they kick some ass when raiding ships. Obviously, use Ikaros to see which mercenaries/captains are legendary prior to initiating a fight.
Old 03-15-19, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ And of course, don't Spartan kick them off a ledge. The kick can't kill them but the fall most certainly can.