Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

Old 01-11-19, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Assassins Creed: Odyssey - 10/05/2018

I'm now 28 hours in and and about 30% through the main quest. There are some many things to do now. Legendary beast quests, Cultist quests, side quests, and the main quest. I'm taking a break for the rest of the night. I'm going to try to take down some cultists tomorrow and start Episode 5.
Old 01-14-19, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Turns out I don't have as many hours into this as I thought. I assumed I was somewhere around 60 hours. Game save said 38. I guess I'm just not used to games like this having RPG level play time. Still enjoying every minute of it. I'm in chapter 6 and level 39. I'm not sure how much completion I'll end up going for (KH3 is just around the corner) but one thing I would like to finish up is the Cult. I really want to take them all out.
Old 01-14-19, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I'm not sure how much completion I'll end up going for (KH3 is just around the corner) but one thing I would like to finish up is the Cult. I really want to take them all out.
Heads up though, and this really isn't a spoiler, but there's a handful of cult members that you won't "find" until you progress in the main story. The two threads are tied into each other a little.

Old 01-14-19, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Heads up though, and this really isn't a spoiler, but there's a handful of cult members that you won't "find" until you progress in the main story. The two threads are tied into each other a little.
Yeah, I noticed. I'll probably hold off from actively hunting them down until I'm further in the story.
Old 01-14-19, 01:24 PM

I just did the Episode 5 mission where you had to
Spoiler:
pay 15,000 drachmae to Xenia. I already had 15000, but it took me down 1000. I spent the rest of my time yesterday doing the support missions to refill my coffers.
I also did some exploring, leveling, and fighting mercenaries. I finally figured out that you just have to hold in L3 for a quick second to recruit a mercenary. I was really trying to hold the button to recruit and it wasn't working at all..... I'm up to Level 25 now. I probably won't have time to play again until Thursday.
Old 01-14-19, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Regarding your spoiler; you don't have to pay. I didn't have enough when I did it so I didn't even get the option to pay. lol
Old 01-14-19, 01:38 PM

Regarding your spoiler; you don't have to pay. I didn't have enough when I did it so I didn't even get the option to pay. lol
I don't know how to got around it. Everything I read said you had to pay it. If you couldn't pay it, you had to do all those support quests to earn it....
Old 01-14-19, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I don't know how to got around it. Everything I read said you had to pay it. If you couldn't pay it, you had to do all those support quests to earn it....
Interesting. I don't recall what the options were or what I did after but I definitely remember not having enough to pay when I did the quest. The options were "I don't have it" and "you're crazy for asking for that much", or something like that.
Old 01-18-19, 07:26 PM

I'm now 50 hours in and close to 50% complete. I just started episode 7. I also just fought the legendary lion and he was pretty tough. It took me a little bit to figure out how to dodge his attacks. The story in this game is great.
Spoiler:
Phoibe dying really got to me. I'm going to take every Cultist out now.
Old 01-19-19, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I started playing the new DLC today and its more of the same, which isnt a negative. I don't think it's going to take a huge amount of time to run through, but should be fun. I do hope that the ship upgrade shown in an enemy ship becomes available for your ship by the end of it. Could be fun.

​​​
Old 01-21-19, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The legendary monster fights are fun but not very hard. Took out Minotaur and Cyclops, both one try kills. I haven't taken out any of the elite animals in the world that quickly. lol

i really hope I can get through this before KH3 drops. I'm sure I could if I just do the rest of the story but the game is so engaging; i want to do everything.
Old 01-21-19, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So completed the second DLC chapter a day it was fine, but nothing special. Only good things are that you so get the add on for the ship which is cool and also I can see that the ending will leave plenty of avenues to explore for remaining DLC.

Just now wanting somewhere new to explore. Gonna get back to clearing everything off the map.
Old 01-21-19, 04:44 PM

The legendary monster fights are fun but not very hard. Took out Minotaur and Cyclops, both one try kills. I haven't taken out any of the elite animals in the world that quickly. lol

i really hope I can get through this before KH3 drops. I'm sure I could if I just do the rest of the story but the game is so engaging; i want to do everything.
I'm going to start on the Minotaur on Thursday. I keep getting distracted by all the sidequests. I started on the arena yesterday and cleared out three people and a mercenary. I have to level up quite a bit to take on the last two heroes of the arena. I have five skill points that I haven't used yet. I'm waiting to take out a few more Cultists so I can get my Spear to level 5 and upgrade my Sparta King, Second Wind, and Ring of Chaos abilities.
Old 01-22-19, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got my spear to lvl5 the other night. I've put most points into second wind and poison. I can re-apply poison to my weapons instantly now. No wait after it runs out.

Hope I'm not somewhat screwed here. I went to check out Lesbos cause it had the last relic I needed. Found the mission by doing all the random ones I saw in town. Unlike the other two legendary monsters though, this one set the autosave right when the fight starts. As far as I can tell, there's no way to get back out unless I go to my last manual save? I'm a couple levels below the recommended so I don't think I would be able to one shot it like the other two I've run across. Anyone find themselves in a similar situation?
Old 01-22-19, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I got my spear to lvl5 the other night. I've put most points into second wind and poison. I can re-apply poison to my weapons instantly now. No wait after it runs out.

Hope I'm not somewhat screwed here. I went to check out Lesbos cause it had the last relic I needed. Found the mission by doing all the random ones I saw in town. Unlike the other two legendary monsters though, this one set the autosave right when the fight starts. As far as I can tell, there's no way to get back out unless I go to my last manual save? I'm a couple levels below the recommended so I don't think I would be able to one shot it like the other two I've run across. Anyone find themselves in a similar situation?
Will it not let you fast-travel out to a synchronization point?

Old 01-22-19, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Will it not let you fast-travel out to a synchronization point?
Negative. Loading the most recent auto save goes directly into the cut scene which immediately starts the fight with no exit from what I saw.
Old 01-23-19, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This ended up being a non issue. I guess I never actually went to the screen to load a saved game (always used Continue) but apparently it holds on to the previous 5 auto saves. Didn't lose any progress.

I focused on the story and got to what has to be very close to the end. I'm in Chapter 9 now and started hunting down the Cult members I needed to get clues for. At this point, i have a feeling i know who the leader is.
Old 01-28-19, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished this up last night. Got some questions regarding the "end":

Spoiler:
What is considered the end? Between my family, the cult, and sealing Atlantis, I couldn't even tell which story line is considered the "main story". I'm guessing it's the family part? I did the quest where you have a meal at your family home (minus my brother, who took a spear through the throat), then the quest with Sokrates to visit the graves.

I think I've completed all I cared to but I could see myself going back to clear out some side quests.

Oh, one other question. I remember early on one of the islands had a cave with a giant of some type in it. I think it was a cyclops but not the "legendary fight". I was low level at the time and didn't look into it. Now I can't remember where that was. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Last edited by Noonan; 01-28-19 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-28-19, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I started this on Friday on the PS4. I played the hell out of Origins and was afraid this would just feel like more of the same. It does, but it turns out that's a good thing. I'm really enjoying this.

Green Man Gaming had a wild sale on Saturday where this was priced for $18 for the PC version. I went ahead and bought it, and started the game over. It definitely looks better, but the difference between 30fps on console and whatever I'm getting on PC (definitely higher than 60) is night and day. A game changer.
Old 01-28-19, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll be doing the opposite. After enjoying this far more than I expected, I'll be starting up Origins as soon as I finish KH3 in a few weeks.

Even after finishing, I'm still thinking about going back in tonight to wrap up the many side quests. Hell, the story doesn't even have you visiting the whole map. I still have some areas I've yet to go into.
Old 01-28-19, 12:50 PM

I ended up taking a break last week and played Stardew Valley and Mutant Football League, but I'll be starting back on Thursday. I'm going to try to tackle the Minotaur.
Old 01-28-19, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, one other question. I remember early on one of the islands had a cave with a giant of some type in it. I think it was a cyclops but not the "legendary fight". I was low level at the time and didn't look into it. Now I can't remember where that was. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
It is a cyclops creature... you have to initiate and follow a quest in Kythera Island to get past the door.
Old 01-28-19, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by T-bone22 View Post
It is a cyclops creature... you have to initiate and follow a quest in Kythera Island to get past the door.
I don't think that's it. The monster walked out of the cave when I got close and Kass said something about staying clear of it for now. The setup was similar to the epic animals you hunt except it was a giant rather than a boar/bear...etc. It was near a small body of water. Not the Cyclops you fight as part of the "artifact" story (trying to avoid spoilers for others).
Old 01-28-19, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think that's it. The monster walked out of the cave when I got close and Kass said something about staying clear of it for now. The setup was similar to the epic animals you hunt except it was a giant rather than a boar/bear...etc. It was near a small body of water. Not the Cyclops you fight as part of the "artifact" story (trying to avoid spoilers for others).
That's a contract mission - you pick it up from one of the "message boards." I can't remember where the particular message board is located, or if the location even matters. The quest is called "The Lightning Bringer" and it's on the island of Andros (same island as the Ancient Forge).
Old 02-05-19, 02:00 PM

The season pass is currently on sale for $25.99 for Playstation Plus members on the playstation store until February 19th.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.