Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

JUST CAUSE 4: Xbox One / PS4

Old 02-09-19, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: JUST CAUSE 4: Xbox One / PS4

Well guys I tried giving an honest opinion as I played the game from day one. After feeling ripped off by JC3 from a day one purchase I wanted to ensure that people got an honest opinion to either support a great game or earn people of the potential disappointment they might have faced.

I felt pretty cheated with JC4 when I started playing and it felt inferior to JC2 and more like a PS2 game than a PS4 game. I was once again massively disappointed. I could see that there was the potential for a solid game here, but areas that they needed to address from JC3 had happened, but in doing so they seem to have failed to achieve the few successful parts of JC3 (namely clean looking action).

After the release of the patch I decided to give the game a second chance and I was pleasantly surprised that it had received significant improvements. It was not perfect, and probably still isn't (not played it in a while now), but it's nice to see developers actually working to try and right a sinking ship.

I would not recommend the game when it came out. Post update I would say its maybe worth it (action and blowing stuff up is still a lot of fun, and if you like Bionic Commando style games then this is probably right up tour alley), but probably not at full price. How do I feel now? Probably pretty much the same. At $20 it will be worth taking a chance with. Not sure of the future for this series as it feels like they have pissed away a lot of goodwill with fans of the series.
Old 02-09-19, 08:48 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Re: JUST CAUSE 4: Xbox One / PS4

that's too bad, but great insights james. i'll get when it hits Game Pass, like JC3...