Re: Arcade 1UP

Originally Posted by Decker
Alp?
Arcade Legends Pro
Old 01-19-22, 01:34 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I have a MAME setup with a X-arcade Tank joystick, and it's fun, and I have all of the 80s and 90s ROMs to play with it. But, it's not the same as the 3/4 Arcade1Up in aesthetics and form factor. Having a line of Arcade1ups with their cabinet art is a completely different experience than playing on a emulation setup.

I'm not interested in a Killer Instinct Pro cabinet, but it will be interesting to see what future cabinets come out in that line.
The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (01-21-22)
Old 01-19-22, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD
Having a line of Arcade1ups with their cabinet art is a completely different experience than playing on a emulation setup.
Yup. There are a few of those all-you-can-eat style arcade/pinball museums around me, and there's such a visceral thrill to seeing, say, a Burger Time cabinet or a TMNT cab with all the artwork rather than the 3,000-in-one setups that are also there, even though I could play the former on the latter too. These are really neat looking showcase pieces. There's no right or wrong answer; just depends what you're into and what you're looking for. (And I'm in the camp that finds the artwork, marquees, and all that very appealing, despite the limitations.)
The following 2 users liked this post by Adam Tyner:
PerryD (01-19-22), story (01-19-22)
Old 01-19-22, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Yup. There are a few of those all-you-can-eat style arcade/pinball museums around me, and there's such a visceral thrill to seeing, say, a Burger Time cabinet or a TMNT cab with all the artwork rather than the 3,000-in-one setups that are also there, even though I could play the former on the latter too. These are really neat looking showcase pieces. There's no right or wrong answer; just depends what you're into and what you're looking for. (And I'm in the camp that finds the artwork, marquees, and all that very appealing, despite the limitations.)
Don't get me wrong, as I look at the vintage sealed toys all in my basement, I love the aesthetics too, but at some point, the cost of having $10K worth of machines over a $600 machine that is higher quality in the first place and plays 100x the games just doesn't make any sense. Besides, the ALP cabinet has many third party skins you can use it to make whatever you want it to look like.

I could see if these were full size cabs and 1:1 repros of the original game art, but they really aren't, which takes away a good bit of the nostalgia for me.

I think a basement full of 1up machines looks cool as hell, but that is about where it ends for me.
Old 01-19-22, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I love my original Frogger arcade game, but after years of considering a second I just decided to buy broken plain cab cheap and attach the Arcade Legends double stick thing to it with CoinOpsX on it. I'm going to order some vinyl stickers to put on the side to spruce it up a bit.
Old 06-29-22, 03:21 PM
Political Exile

QVC has Capcom Legacy and Pac-Man Legacy cabinets on clearance for $299. They are going to be replaced this year with updated models with 2 extra games and wifi (leaderboards, online play for Street Fighter?) at a new $499 price. They are also clearancing the Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man Partycade at $125 (Defender recently sold out). The Partycade has the same 17" screen as the cabinets, but can sit on a table or mount on a wall. Asteroids Partycade is also being clearanced too.

Dragon's Lair cabinets are shipping this week and seem to have very positive reviews so far.
The following 2 users liked this post by PerryD:
John Pannozzi (07-05-22), PhantomStranger (06-29-22)
Old 06-29-22, 04:49 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Thanks, I wish Defender was still in stock, those are the games I want. Joust, I need Joust!

I already have the Ms. Pac-Man Partycade so no real need for Super Pac-Man.
Old 06-29-22, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

QVC has Capcom Legacy and Pac-Man Legacy cabinets on clearance for $299. They are going to be replaced this year with updated models with 2 extra games and wifi (leaderboards, online play for Street Fighter?) at a new $499 price. They are also clearancing the Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man Partycade at $125 (Defender recently sold out). The Partycade has the same 17" screen as the cabinets, but can sit on a table or mount on a wall. Asteroids Partycade is also being clearanced too.

Dragon's Lair cabinets are shipping this week and seem to have very positive reviews so far.
I want to pull the trigger on this so badly but I know they'll end up collecting dust after a couple weeks.
Old 06-30-22, 02:27 PM
Political Exile

I guess I'll mention that I picked up Arcade1Up pinball machine. It's usually $599, and on Star Wars day this year was on sale for $420. It runs Zen Pinball with a 24" display with real flipper buttons and ball launch plunger.

There are 3 different machines (Star Wars, Marvel and Williams) each containing 10 games related to that machine. The table is easily modded using A1 Pinner to run all 30 stock games, and the mod supports running a separate Zen Pinball android app and Pinball Arcade android app. I can purchase the tables on the Zen Pinball app on my phone, use Bluestack to export the tables to copy into the Arcade1Up machine. The added benefit is that I can play all of the tables on my phone too.

My setup now with the Pinball machine squeezed in

The 10 Arcade1Up Pinball stock tables on each machine:
Marvel: Spider-Man, Civil War, Wolverine, X-Men, Thor, A-Force, Ghost Rider, Venom, Fantastic Four, Fear Itself
Star Wars: New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Force Awakens, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Masters of the Force, Star Wars Rebels, Ahch-To Island, Battle of Mimban
Williams: Attack from Mars+, Fish Tales, Getaway High Speed II, Junk Yard, Medieval Madness+, White Water, Red & Ted's Road Show, Hurricane, Tales of Arabian Nights, No Good Gofers

Here is a complete list of Zen Pinball tables from the Android app that can be copied into a modded machine. I purchased a bunch with my Google survey credit and they run great on the Arcade1Up machine. I recently purchased the remaining tables and will install them when I upgrade the mod to the recently released version 3.9.
Zen tables (most are 99 cents): Pasha, Secrets of the Deep, Earth Defense, Excalibur, Castle Storm, Wild West Rampage, Rome, Biolab, Mars, Paranormal, Tesla, El Dorado, Adventure Land, Son of Zeus, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Shaman, V12
Zen licensed tables (most are $1.99): Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park Pinball Mayhem, Jurassic World, Aliens, Alien Vs Predator, Alien Isolation, American Dad!, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, South Park, E.T., Jaws, Back to the Future, Walking Dead, Portal, Fallout, DOOM, Skyrim
Zen Marvel tables (not already included): Blade, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Captain America
Zen Star Wars tables (not already included): Last Jedi, Solo Star Wars Story, Return of the Jedi, Rogue One, Droids, Calrissian Chronicles, Clone Wars, Starfighter Assault, Might of the First Order

I haven't installed the Pinball Arcade app yet. But the app offers a ton of authentic licensed tables like Terminator 2, Star Trek Next Generation, Addams Family, Elvira, Ripley's Believe it or Not, etc. While the Zen app is polished and runs as good as the stock tables, the Pinball Arcade one is kind of still in beta, but people still rave about it.
The following 3 users liked this post by PerryD:
John Pannozzi (07-05-22), PhantomStranger (07-10-22), Spiderbite (07-03-22)
Old 07-08-22, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

There's apparently going to be a huge Arcade1Up sale tomorrow. It's not an all-at-once-thing, so different items will be made available throughout the day. The schedule is:

Old 07-08-22, 01:34 PM
Political Exile

Nice...unless they resurrect the Burgertime or Frogger cabinets, I'll probably not get anything, although I'd be tempted to get Outrun or Ridge Racer if the price is right.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (07-08-22)
Old 07-08-22, 01:43 PM

How does this sort of thing work?
Old 07-08-22, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

Yeah I’m really confused. I’m probably not going to watch a bunch of YouTube streams in hopes of getting a deal on the Simpsons, X-Men or TMNT.
Old 07-08-22, 02:07 PM
Political Exile

I'm in a couple Facebook groups that these guys post to, so I should get details in a timely manner, and can relay back here for the lazy. This is LA time, so I guess it'll be a little late for those of us in Central or Eastern towards the end of the sale.
Old 07-08-22, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by story
How does this sort of thing work?
From what I understand:
  • You're not "ordering" these in the usual sense; you're filling out a reservation form.
  • The more hotly desired cabs will be in the later streams. Links will be given out in the streams.
  • Apparently these will be $300-$400 off the usual prices.
  • Some stuff will be sold on-site (in California) and some will be sold online. Two separate sets of inventory.
Old 07-08-22, 03:31 PM

Hmm, okay. Think they'll have that Defender Partycade that was on clearance at QVC during this? That's all I want and all I have room for, wish I'd seen it when it was $125 before it sold out. I even wrote to Arcade1Up to see if they'd price match it and they said no because what they offer is the latest edition and the clearance stock at QVC was different. And that's okay, but hey, I had to try. I wrote a very cordial email about it and they were very friendly back.
Old 07-08-22, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I guess I'll mention that I picked up Arcade1Up pinball machine. It's usually $599, and on Star Wars day this year was on sale for $420. It runs Zen Pinball with a 24" display with real flipper buttons and ball launch plunger.

There are 3 different machines (Star Wars, Marvel and Williams) each containing 10 games related to that machine. The table is easily modded using A1 Pinner to run all 30 stock games, and the mod supports running a separate Zen Pinball android app and Pinball Arcade android app. I can purchase the tables on the Zen Pinball app on my phone, use Bluestack to export the tables to copy into the Arcade1Up machine. The added benefit is that I can play all of the tables on my phone too.

There are detailed instructions on Youtube on modding the table

My setup now with the Pinball machine squeezed in

The 10 Arcade1Up Pinball stock tables on each machine:
Marvel: Spider-Man, Civil War, Wolverine, X-Men, Thor, A-Force, Ghost Rider, Venom, Fantastic Four, Fear Itself
Star Wars: New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Force Awakens, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Masters of the Force, Star Wars Rebels, Ahch-To Island, Battle of Mimban
Williams: Attack from Mars+, Fish Tales, Getaway High Speed II, Junk Yard, Medieval Madness+, White Water, Red & Ted's Road Show, Hurricane, Tales of Arabian Nights, No Good Gofers

Here is a complete list of Zen Pinball tables from the Android app that can be copied into a modded machine. I purchased a bunch with my Google survey credit and they run great on the Arcade1Up machine. I recently purchased the remaining tables and will install them when I upgrade the mod to the recently released version 3.9.
Zen tables (most are 99 cents): Pasha, Secrets of the Deep, Earth Defense, Excalibur, Castle Storm, Wild West Rampage, Rome, Biolab, Mars, Paranormal, Tesla, El Dorado, Adventure Land, Son of Zeus, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Shaman, V12
Zen licensed tables (most are $1.99): Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park Pinball Mayhem, Jurassic World, Aliens, Alien Vs Predator, Alien Isolation, American Dad!, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, South Park, E.T., Jaws, Back to the Future, Walking Dead, Portal, Fallout, DOOM, Skyrim
Zen Marvel tables (not already included): Blade, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Captain America
Zen Star Wars tables (not already included): Last Jedi, Solo Star Wars Story, Return of the Jedi, Rogue One, Droids, Calrissian Chronicles, Clone Wars, Starfighter Assault, Might of the First Order

I haven't installed the Pinball Arcade app yet. But the app offers a ton of authentic licensed tables like Terminator 2, Star Trek Next Generation, Addams Family, Elvira, Ripley's Believe it or Not, etc. While the Zen app is polished and runs as good as the stock tables, the Pinball Arcade one is kind of still in beta, but people still rave about it.
Can you mod it to run Visual Pinball?
Old 07-08-22, 05:46 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Can you mod it to run Visual Pinball?
I don't think that'll be possible without gutting everything out. The A1Pinner mod is straight-forward, just connect to the USB and click a few buttons.
Old 07-09-22, 03:33 PM
Political Exile

From what I understand:
  • You're not "ordering" these in the usual sense; you're filling out a reservation form.
  • The more hotly desired cabs will be in the later streams. Links will be given out in the streams.
  • Apparently these will be $300-$400 off the usual prices.
  • Some stuff will be sold on-site (in California) and some will be sold online. Two separate sets of inventory.
Reservations for Street Fighter Big Blue edition

Old 07-09-22, 04:31 PM
Political Exile

Hmm, okay. Think they'll have that Defender Partycade that was on clearance at QVC during this? That's all I want and all I have room for, wish I'd seen it when it was $125 before it sold out..
right now it's Ms Pac Man Partycade at a rumored $99 price. Defender may be listed soon at the same price. I'm out now and it's hard to follow the deals and cut/paste the links from the chat.
Old 07-09-22, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Hmm, okay. Think they'll have that Defender Partycade that was on clearance at QVC during this?
It's on the list! $99. But it sounds like this is just in-person pricing.

If I were able to get a seated Outrun for $49...ooh.
Old 07-09-22, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

r/Arcade1Up reports that the Defender Partycade is sold out.

The Outrun cabs have water damage, which is why they're so cheap.
Old 07-09-22, 06:17 PM
Political Exile

r/Arcade1Up reports that the Defender Partycade is sold out.

The Outrun cabs have water damage, which is why they're so cheap.
Pong Head to Head is the current deal
Old 07-09-22, 06:22 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts

Where are these being sold? I looked back up several posts, but I'm not seeing where you guys are following other than the reddit channel.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.