DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/644608-wolfenstein-youngblood-7-26-19-solo-co-op-ps4-xb1-win.html)

OldBoy 07-11-18 10:38 PM

Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

anyone talk about or mentioned this. just popped up on Amazon. i guess it's just an expansion since only $30, but really co-op only? seems like a great premise and loved the first 2 full games with BJ, but i'm a solo player...

Wolfenstein: Youngblood is a brand-new co-op experience from MachineGames, the award-winning studio that developed the critically acclaimed Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Set in 1980, 19 years after BJ Blazkowicz ignited the second American Revolution, Wolfenstein: Youngblood introduces the next Blazkowicz generation to the fight against the Nazis. Play as one of BJ’s twin daughters, Jess and Soph, as you search for your missing father in Nazi-occupied Paris.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SX215_.jpg

Adam Tyner 07-12-18 07:30 AM

re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

It was confirmed in the reveal that it can be played co-op or solo.

dsa_shea 07-12-18 07:44 AM

Crisis averted. I will check it out.

uteotw 07-12-18 10:58 AM

I will definitely be checking this out as well.

gerrythedon 07-13-18 12:11 AM

Yes it was announced during BETHESDA E3 conference, but was gonna wait until Quakecon when they show actual footage to make a thread. Still need to play WII.

gerrythedon 09-13-18 10:22 PM

In an interview with GameCentral, Pete Hines, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing and Communications at Bethesda, confirmed the studio is "absolutely" making Wolfenstein III.

When asked about the future of the Wolfenstein franchise, Hines said, "Absolutely we're making a Wolfenstein III." He continued, "[MachineGames] said on stage that they're taking a break from the larger story to do [Wolfenstein: Youngblood]. But we all have to see how that ends."
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09...-to-pete-hines

mattysemo247 03-27-19 09:12 AM

July 26th

mattysemo247 03-27-19 09:21 AM

Base game is $30, Deluxe version is $40.

Deluxe version includes an option where a friend can play the game co-op with you for free, similar to how A Way Out did.

K&AJones 03-27-19 02:45 PM

I was basically stunned seeing the price of this...Wolfenstein...co-op...with The Terror Twins of B J Blazkowicz....at $40.00....WOW.....

nickdawgy 03-27-19 05:08 PM

Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

I haven’t even finished the second one.

OldBoy 03-27-19 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 13524005)

you should, it's great. this looks great as well. i'm all in...

slop101 03-28-19 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 13524005)

Meh. I thought it was a huge step down form the first one.

Decker 03-28-19 11:36 AM

So few shooters have a co-op campaign. I love that for an additional $10 I can buy this and have my friend play the campaign with me at no cost to him. That is awesome.

gerrythedon 06-10-19 12:23 AM

Still need to play part 2
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rTY-TWIfRkE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OldBoy 07-17-19 05:36 PM

just got charged. guess out next week. totally forgot...

K&AJones 07-22-19 04:10 PM

At $33.00 now at Amazon....does anyone know if this has drop-in. invite only or matchmaking in the co-op part of this works?

Decker 07-22-19 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 13582226)
At $33.00 now at Amazon....does anyone know if this has drop-in. invite only or matchmaking in the co-op part of this works?

Just a guess, but I would imagine it works like A Way Out where the game's owner sends an invite to the recipient and then they can then download a demo-like version of the game to play with the host (but only with the host). I would be stunned if it were anything other than invite-only.

OldBoy 07-25-19 09:25 AM

uh, oh. not looking so hot, especially if doing solo...

https://www.gamerankings.com/search....ungblood&site=

https://attackofthefanboy.com/review...gblood-review/
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07...ngblood-review

overall, not saying too terrible of things. one says around 15 hours, which is good for a $30 game and they make good use of open design and different paths you can take to get to one point. the mechanics seemed to have remained the same, but this checkpoint and lives system seems like a bother to me. i guess we'll see...

starseed1981 07-25-19 02:11 PM

I'm still down for this. But I have a feeling $20 is a much better price point for me.

Decker 07-26-19 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13582238)
Just a guess, but I would imagine it works like A Way Out where the game's owner sends an invite to the recipient and then they can then download a demo-like version of the game to play with the host (but only with the host). I would be stunned if it were anything other than invite-only.

And here's the complete answer :

Wolfenstein: Youngblood features a system called the Buddy Pass for those who purchase the Deluxe Edition of the game. Using the Buddy Pass in Wolfenstein: Youngblood allows owners to essentially share their copy of the game with other people who do not own it. To use the Buddy Pass, you’ll need to invite a friend to Wolfenstein: Youngblood that has downloaded the free trial version of the game.

Hosting your own game can be done from the main menu and then you can select which friend you want to join you. There is no code to give out to this other player, your game itself will allow them to join you and play the full campaign in Wolfenstein: Youngblood. There are some things to know about the Buddy Pass in Youngblood. Buddy Pass players will be able to progress normally through the campaign and play the entire game. This isn’t a demo with only a portion of the game or on a timer. However, those who play on the Buddy Pass will not be able to get any trophies or achievements for the game.

You can invite multiple friends to play Wolfenstein: Youngblood with you through the Buddy Pass. This is not limited to one person or one use, you can invite as many people as you want to use the Buddy Pass, but they must be playing with you to play the game. If they want to upgrade to the full version of Wolfenstein: Youngblood they will get access to the full game.

If you are trying to use the Buddy Pass in Wolfenstein: Youngblood make sure that your friend is an Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus subscriber and that they have downloaded the free trial version of the game. Once complete you’ll just need to invite them to your game to use the Buddy Pass.

andicus 07-26-19 11:02 AM

So I'm a bit confused over this... I get that the demo can be used to play as part of the Buddy Pass co-op with a full game owner, but does the demo also allow some sort of 'demo' play without a Buddy Pass invite?

Steam shows the demo as 'for Buddy Pass Users Only.'

Decker 07-26-19 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13584384)
So I'm a bit confused over this... I get that the demo can be used to play as part of the Buddy Pass co-op with a full game owner, but does the demo also allow some sort of 'demo' play without a Buddy Pass invite?

Steam shows the demo as 'for Buddy Pass Users Only.'

I read a review that you can play through the game with "randos", so I guess you can just drop into anyone's open game and start playing.

slop101 07-26-19 02:41 PM

Been reading from both devs and players that their preferred method of playing this is actually solo (with an AI teammate) rather than co-op.

K&AJones 07-27-19 07:54 AM

So any verdicts on this...compared to the action of the previous ones? For co-op, a Buddy Pass and at $30-$40 I'm tempted....this or Rage 2 discounted but at $40

andicus 07-28-19 01:19 AM

No verdict from me, yet, as I've confirmed that you can't even play a demo version unless you've been invited.

My son will be buying it, so I'll wait for him. I would buy it, but he'll want to get the trophies, which are of no interest to me.

On a different note, it takes ages for this game to start up. Probably over a minute from launch to the menu where you can potentially launch the game. Not sure how long, after that, as I can't go past that part.