Reload this Page >

Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Old 08-02-19, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
But all that work. You don’t want true payoff? I’d kill myself if I played the whole campaign and quit before end, as hard as it some time might be. There’s always a way. Even find a video online, but don’t give up. See if the twins find BJ. Just don’t tell me
I don't get worked up over stuff like that. I've already finished 50+ games this year I'm good.
Old 08-02-19, 09:34 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
I don't get worked up over stuff like that. I've already finished 50+ games this year I'm good.
Gotcha. Wish I was like that...
Old 08-06-19, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I decided I was going to go ahead and finish Youngblood this evening, and I braced myself for the worst. Unless there was something undocumented in the patch that rolled out today that made it easier, Lothar was honestly a cakewalk (admittedly, on the lowest difficulty).

I felt like I didn't contribute too much in the jetpack phase. Just ran around on the ground and shot his jetpack whenever I could. I read something about cannons that you're supposed to use, but I never actually used them (or even noticed them?). I guess the AI did the heavy lifting.

In the final phase, I just ran in circles around Lothar and blasted him with the Kugelgewehr (level 10, all Stier upgrades). He didn't really ever hit me. I don't think I even used any health/armor perks. No lost lives. No revivals (in this phase, anyway; I did have to revive the AI once earlier). First try.

So, it’s easy on Easy (now?), or at least it was for me.

Edit! I guess it would've been worth mentioning that I was level 45 at the time.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 08-07-19 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-06-19, 10:20 PM

So the patch fixed final boss? Sweet! Loving starting from beginning and seeing Anya and B.J.’s relationship begin and grow. And the killing nazis of course...
Old 08-06-19, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I decided I was going to go ahead and finish Youngblood this evening, and I braced myself for the worst. Unless there was something undocumented in the patch that rolled out today that made it easier, Lothar was honestly a cakewalk (admittedly, on the lowest difficulty).

I felt like I didn't contribute too much in the jetpack phase. Just ran around on the ground and shot his jetpack whenever I could. I read something about cannons that you're supposed to use, but I never actually used them (or even noticed them?). I guess the AI did the heavy lifting.

In the final phase, I just ran in circles around Lothar and blasted him with the Kugelgewehr (level 10, all Stier upgrades). He didn't really ever hit me. I don't think I even used any health/armor perks. No lost lives. No revivals (in this phase, anyway; I did have to revive the AI once earlier). First try.

So, it’s easy on Easy (now?), or at least it was for me.

Nothing got patched related to difficulty I just tried another 4 times and he still kills my partner instantly right after I revive her and his lasers pretty much one shot kill me even will full health and armor. Also once you die you don't continue with any ammo so my Kugelgewehr (level 10, all Stier upgrades) does me no good.

Edit: Just let someone join my game and we beat it on the first try. When you're not having to constantly revive your teammate it was a lot easier to get behind him and avoid his attacks.

Last edited by The Questyen; 08-06-19 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-07-19, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Nothing got patched related to difficulty I just tried another 4 times and he still kills my partner instantly right after I revive her and his lasers pretty much one shot kill me even will full health and armor. Also once you die you don't continue with any ammo so my Kugelgewehr (level 10, all Stier upgrades) does me no good.

Edit: Just let someone join my game and we beat it on the first try. When you're not having to constantly revive your teammate it was a lot easier to get behind him and avoid his attacks.
that's a big fat bummer...
Old 08-14-19, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wolfenstein: Youngblood Patch Will Enable You to Pause The Game Offline

Wolfenstein: Youngblood Update 1.0.4 Patch Notes

Gameplay – All Platforms

• Added ability to pause the game in OFFLINE mode only. Dev Note: Although we have tested this feature extensively, if you encounter any issues please let us know by submitting a support ticket.
  • Removed the ability to open padlocked doors from the wrong side, as this was causing some issues with mission progression
  • Client players will once again take normal damage from environmental explosions (fire extinguishers, fuel tanks, etc.)
  • Players will now correctly be able to catch friendly and enemy grenades after taking the Grenade God upgrade
  • Client players were having health and ammo fully restored in some circumstances after picking up a heavy weapon
  • Uberhammer projectiles will now explode properly under all conditions
  • Fixed an issue where one player could end up rotated in the wrong direction while interacting with elevator levers

Art and Graphics – All Platforms

• Improved the animation when viewing your sister opening Shared Life crates (eliminates teleporting)
  • Fixed a variety of audio issues, including resolving audio dropouts after equipping the flashlight weapon upgrade on the Kugelgewehr

User Interface – All Platforms

• The Protohund marker for “Destroy the Protohund” and “Collect the Box” missions will no longer appear on the minimap when the mission is not set to active
  • Opening the Journal while activating fast travel now interrupts fast travel. This corrects a variety of issues with loading and UI
    Fixed a reticle issue that could cause your weapon crosshair in Wolfenstein: Youngblood to appear when playing the “classic” Wolfstone 3D arcade game in the Paris Catacombs
  • Corrected an issue that could cause “Call for Help” to not be available after using a Shared Life. “Call for Help” should now be available if the player is down but their sister is alive
  • Fixed an issue when performing certain actions while opening the in-game options menu that could cause the camera to become permanently tilted

Xbox One

• Fixed an issue that was causing some players to create an Online game even though they chose the Offline option

Audio – All Platforms

• Fixed a variety of audio issues, including resolving audio dropouts after equipping the flashlight weapon upgrade on the Kugelgewehr

Online Co-op – All Platforms

• Fixed a network packet issue that could cause session disconnects when too many explosions occurred in co-op, resulting in players getting dropped from their co-op game
  • Resolved crash that could happen with the Client in a co-op game used Crush, then immediately performed a melee attack on the enemy

PC

• Fixed the error message players would receive if their Steam Privacy settings were set to Friends Only. Note that your Steam profile must be set to Public in order to view Steam friends through the in-game invite menu

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes – All Platforms

• Enemies will no longer float in midair next to the walkways in Lab X
  • The last used weapon was not being properly equipped when the player dropped a heavy weapon
  • Resolved issue where enemies could become stuck floating during the “Lothar and Juju’s trap” mission
PC
  • Changed “Could Not Write Crash Dump” error message to be more descriptive. Crash Dumps are files that contain information relating to a crash; this message would appear any time a crash occurred—which could occur for different reasons—and may have led to confusion that “Could Not Write Crash Dump” was a specific error. As these files tend to be large (~58mb) Crash Dump writing remains off by default. The new message gives explicit instructions on how to turn on Crash Dump writing should you choose to assist in diagnosing the cause of your crash

https://www.vg247.com/2019/08/13/wol...-offline-mode/

Update 1.0.5 Preview

Addresses various game difficulty and progression issues based on feedback:
  • Additional checkpoints
  • Difficulty adjustments across the board, especially in boss fights
  • Addressing the feeling some players have expressed that some enemies feel like “bullet sponges”
  • Adding additional ammo throughout the game
  • An option to toggle enemy health bars on/off
  • Making it easier to get 100% game completion
Old 08-15-19, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Update 1.0.5 Preview

Addresses various game difficulty and progression issues based on feedback:
  • Additional checkpoints
  • Difficulty adjustments across the board, especially in boss fights
  • Addressing the feeling some players have expressed that some enemies feel like “bullet sponges”
  • Adding additional ammo throughout the game
  • An option to toggle enemy health bars on/off
  • Making it easier to get 100% game completion
Halle-fucking-lujah! This game is STUPID HARD and I am getting totally fed up with it. I know I suck at Video games in general - thins is a fact. That said, I have NEVER had an online co-op FPS where I struggled as mightily as this one. It's insane, even on super-easy difficulty. Glad to see they will be fixing this and probably won't play again until they do.
Old 08-15-19, 08:37 AM

so there is an option for offline when you start up a game? and then you can pause when in game? no reason to be online when playing solo with AI co-op partner, right?
Old 08-15-19, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Huh. After reading those patch notes, I may actually buy the game now.
Old 08-15-19, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

so there is an option for offline when you start up a game?
That option has always been there.
Old 08-15-19, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
That option has always been there.
yeah, i was just asking. i haven't started up yet and don't know what beginning steps were yet. just wanted to make sure i am not playing online and can't pause. i need to pause sometimes...
Old 08-15-19, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah, i was just asking. i haven't started up yet and don't know what beginning steps were yet. just wanted to make sure i am not playing online and can't pause. i need to pause sometimes...
The option to be offline was always there but you couldn't pause at anytime. This update is adding the ability to pause.
Old 08-15-19, 09:11 PM

what does playing offline and online mean anyway? seems all my games need me to be logged in and online to play...