Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Old 07-28-19, 10:16 AM
  #26  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 43,127
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

My best friend and I played for a couple of hours last night It looks really good and is pretty fun. Easy for him to join me. I didn't notice particularly long loading times. Defeated the first boss which was pretty hard because he can cloak. Took a couple of tries. I really like playing co-op FPS games so I imagine we will enjoy this one.
Decker is online now  
Old 07-29-19, 09:35 PM
  #27  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Wow this is getting slammed in reviews. Probably be half the price or free with Game Pass in no time. Oh well. Iíll see. Would love that 3rd entry in new Wolfenstein though...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 07-29-19, 10:13 PM
  #28  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

I think I’m gonna go through 1 & 2 before this. Been an age since I played 1. 2, I guess when it was first released, I think. Might be a nice little trilogy to start on. Then more Gears...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 07-30-19, 12:00 AM
  #29  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,923
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

I feel like I'm probably 70% done with the game and I'm having a blast with it. I've been playing solo (obviously) and I went into it knowing it wasn't going to be a full fledged Wolfenstein game so I haven't been disappointed.
The Questyen is online now  
Old 07-30-19, 01:28 AM
  #30  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 43,127
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

It's pretty damn hard. I had to drop it to casual difficulty just to get past the beginning. I hope a patch comes along to fix the boss fights. If you die with no extra shared lives and little ammo left, when you come back, that's what you start the boss battle with. Not much fun.
Decker is online now  
Old 07-30-19, 07:06 AM
  #31  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,496
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Wow this is getting slammed in reviews. Probably be half the price or free with Game Pass in no time. Oh well. Iíll see. Would love that 3rd entry in new Wolfenstein though...
Most of the review scores I've seen put this at 7/10 to 8.5/10....there are some at 6/10 (like IGN and Destructoid) but I wouldn't say the game is getting overall slammed.
K&AJones is offline  
Old 07-30-19, 08:21 AM
  #32  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

https://www.gamerankings.com/search....ungblood&site=

with 73.17% on PC and other, though little reviews, barely above 60, i wouldn't say that is good by any means...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 07-30-19, 10:13 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,537
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Ugh. I hate FPS shooters where enemies are bullet-sponges.
slop101 is offline  
Old 07-30-19, 01:45 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 21,442
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
It's pretty damn hard. I had to drop it to casual difficulty just to get past the beginning. I hope a patch comes along to fix the boss fights. If you die with no extra shared lives and little ammo left, when you come back, that's what you start the boss battle with. Not much fun.
I hear that the final boss is particularly miserable, even on the lowest difficulty. Despite already having bought Youngblood, Iím thinking about waiting a while before actually starting it, in the hopes that some of this stuff will be improved with patches.
Adam Tyner is online now  
Old 07-30-19, 02:03 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,537
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

I hear they made it difficult (even on lower difficulties) in order to entice players to buy their add-ons/cheats that make the game easier, which are certainly readily available, so if the game was too easy, no one would need those.
slop101 is offline  
Old 08-01-19, 12:54 AM
  #36  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,923
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I hear that the final boss is particularly miserable, even on the lowest difficulty. Despite already having bought Youngblood, Iím thinking about waiting a while before actually starting it, in the hopes that some of this stuff will be improved with patches.
The final boss just ruined the game for me. I was having a lot of fun playing through on casual and everything was fine until that fight. I'm level 43 and the minimum is 35 and I don't even see how it's beatable playing solo. One person needs to stay at his front while the other shoots from behind and your co-op partner just stays right by you so just the first part of the fight takes like 30 minutes and all my ammo. The second part is even worse because he can take all your health and armor in like 5 seconds including your co-op partner who you have to keep alive or you die. It's also hard to focus on him because their are constant rockets being shot from a plane at you and respawning enemies shooting at you also. I tried 5 times spent like 2 hours and then dropped it to the lowest difficulty and still barely doing any damage to him on the second part. I spend all my time trying to keep the co-op partner alive. Well it was fun while it lasted but I'm done.
The Questyen is online now  
Old 08-01-19, 09:53 AM
  #37  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
The final boss just ruined the game for me. I was having a lot of fun playing through on casual and everything was fine until that fight. I'm level 43 and the minimum is 35 and I don't even see how it's beatable playing solo. One person needs to stay at his front while the other shoots from behind and your co-op partner just stays right by you so just the first part of the fight takes like 30 minutes and all my ammo. The second part is even worse because he can take all your health and armor in like 5 seconds including your co-op partner who you have to keep alive or you die. It's also hard to focus on him because their are constant rockets being shot from a plane at you and respawning enemies shooting at you also. I tried 5 times spent like 2 hours and then dropped it to the lowest difficulty and still barely doing any damage to him on the second part. I spend all my time trying to keep the co-op partner alive. Well it was fun while it lasted but I'm done.
so you didn't finish final boss? ugh. that doesn't sound too good...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 08-01-19, 07:15 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,923
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
so you didn't finish final boss? ugh. that doesn't sound too good...
Nope. Took it out of my system and put it in my trade-in pile. I'll just watch the ending on youtube.

The Questyen is online now  
Old 08-01-19, 07:44 PM
  #39  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Nope. Took it out of my system and put it in my trade-in pile. I'll just watch the ending on youtube.
oh man. how long was campaign till that point? and it was fun till then?
OldBoy is offline  
Old 08-01-19, 09:31 PM
  #40  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Perhaps a patch will fix this last boss difficulty. If people are giving up then thatís insane, even on easy. I plan to go through first 2 before this so hopefully...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 08-01-19, 09:38 PM
  #41  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Wait so you can’t pause and there are no checkpoints? Wtf good does this game have. Each review I read is it’s just frustrating to play. I play to have fun, not be frustrated. I’m disappointed...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 08-01-19, 09:41 PM
  #42  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,923
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
oh man. how long was campaign till that point? and it was fun till then?
I played around 13 or 14 hours.
The Questyen is online now  
Old 08-02-19, 09:24 AM
  #43  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,222
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Perhaps a patch will fix this last boss difficulty. If people are giving up then thatís insane, even on easy. I plan to go through first 2 before this so hopefully...
Why would you buy this game now at full price if you plan on playing through the other two games first?
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 08-02-19, 09:42 AM
  #44  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 11,556
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Better question is, why would you buy this game at all with how absurdly horrible it is?
Noonan is offline  
Old 08-02-19, 04:20 PM
  #45  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Why would you buy this game now at full price if you plan on playing through the other two games first?
to keep you up at night worried about my reasons for purchases...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 08-02-19, 06:34 PM
  #46  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,222
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Obviously, but besides that? Is digital hoarding a thing now?
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 08-02-19, 07:35 PM
  #47  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

No. I planned playing, still look forward to it, but would rather wait due to possible patches and the not so stellar reviews. I don’t mind getting now. It was only $30, so never be disappointed with purchase due to fact I want all in this series and besides the difficulties can wait now to play. That despite it could be free by the time I get to. I suck it up. Oh well. We all have those purchases that we get but have yet to play. I only did 1 mission and it was barely that prior to opening of RDR2. I’ve never been disappointed with a purchase especially in series I like and despite reviews. Yes, I panic and want to know from players here how they are prior to me playing bc then I could wait a bit. Most I start on release. Borderlands 1, Red Dead 1, Call of Duty’s, Doom, Wolfenstein's, FC5, Odyssey. Have yet to have a dud. Luckily Anthem was free due to glitch in the Matrix, but really only one I would have though lost money, but didn’t, so all been good thus far. I only get ones I know I want and despite peeps here, I do my hw. I watch pre gameplay videos. Read some articles. I do stuff contrary to popular belief. So I’m almost certain when I pay. I don’t like to throw away $ either....

Last edited by OldBoy; 08-02-19 at 07:42 PM.
OldBoy is offline  
Old 08-02-19, 07:53 PM
  #48  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Nope. Took it out of my system and put it in my trade-in pile. I'll just watch the ending on youtube.
But all that work. You don’t want true payoff? I’d kill myself if I played the whole campaign and quit before end, as hard as it some time might be. There’s always a way. Even find a video online, but don’t give up. See if the twins find BJ. Just don’t tell me
OldBoy is offline  
Old 08-02-19, 08:04 PM
  #49  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 43,127
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Better question is, why would you buy this game at all with how absurdly horrible it is?
For the record the game is very difficult maybe impossibly so at the end, but it's not absurdly horrible. It's a competent FPS that looks good and works well in co-op and has some cool new co-op mechanics. I love the idea of buying a game and having my less enthusiastic friend be able to play it with me at minimal cost to me and none to him. Do I wish that I hadn't bought it prior to the launch Yes I do. But it's not close to the worst purchase I have ever made on a video game. I can live with the mistake and do enjoy playing some of it with my friend
Decker is online now  
Old 08-02-19, 08:45 PM
  #50  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,288
Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood --> 7/26/19 --> solo/co-op --> PS4, XB1, Win

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
For the record the game is very difficult maybe impossibly so at the end, but it's not absurdly horrible. It's a competent FPS that looks good and works well in co-op and has some cool new co-op mechanics. I love the idea of buying a game and having my less enthusiastic friend be able to play it with me at minimal cost to me and none to him. Do I wish that I hadn't bought it prior to the launch Yes I do. But it's not close to the worst purchase I have ever made on a video game. I can live with the mistake and do enjoy playing some of it with my friend
See...you get it.
OldBoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.