DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Team Sonic Racing. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/644352-team-sonic-racing.html)

Sonny Corinthos 06-13-18 09:53 PM

Team Sonic Racing.

This game has no official release date but it's supposed to be out by the end of the year. It will be released on Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

milo bloom 06-14-18 04:55 PM

Re: Team Sonic Racing.

Were the previous entries any good? We always liked Mario Kart, but just never expended the effort to try another franchise's attempt at kart racing.

The Questyen 06-14-18 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 13352859)
Were the previous entries any good? We always liked Mario Kart, but just never expended the effort to try another franchise's attempt at kart racing.

There's a number of people who consider the last one better than any Mario Kart. Those people are wrong but they're still solid games.

Obi-Wanma 06-14-18 05:02 PM

Yes. It's a perfectly acceptable Mario Kart substitute for those without a Nintendo console.

Drexl 06-14-18 07:23 PM

This looks decent, but I don't think it will be anywhere near as appealing as the previous titles with all the Sega characters and environments. I've never cared much about Sonic's supporting cast.

Mike86 06-14-18 07:25 PM

I might check this out but it’s not a huge priority considering I already have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Switch. I do like racing games like this though. Always liked Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing in addition to Mario Kart. I didn’t realize there were more of these Sonic ones though.

SmackDaddy 06-15-18 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 13352870)
There's a number of people who consider the last one better than any Mario Kart. Those people are wrong but they're still solid games.

I don't know. I had both games on the WiiU and Sonic Racing Transformed got a lot more play out of it for sure, at least 2 to 1. Better than ANY Mario Kart? Probably not. On par or better than Mario Kart 8? Maybe...

james2025a 05-24-19 10:56 AM

I played through Sonic Racing Transformed and for me i preferred it to the Mario Kart games. I still love the Mario games, but just felt the Sonic Racing ones felt fresher. I picked up the new Team Sonic Racing this week and played it for about an hour. It seems solid and i can see that the team dynamics and using the trail to boost other players will make multiplayer very interesting. It looks great and just like previous games plays great. I notice that some of the courses appear to be updated version of the levels from Transformed. I don't have a problem with that at all as some of the courses were great. I managed to get a copy at $30 so feel it will be money well spent.

Michael Corvin 05-24-19 12:12 PM

Sonic Racing Transformed got more play from me too and I'm more of a Nintendo guy. I'd say it was the best Kart game since Double Dash.

Where it falls short is clutter. Sega throws way too much shit on the screen. The MK games have big and clean environments.

Sonny Corinthos 05-25-19 11:12 AM

I loved both of the earlier Sonic racing games. I have been on the fence on Team Sonic Racing until heard if it's any good or not. For those of you who already have it, would you recommend it? I already have Crash Team Racing on pre-order. The release date for it is 6/21.

james2025a 05-28-19 05:27 AM

Well I having gotten around to playing it that much more, but even with the little I have played I can say that of you love this series and type of game, then you won't be disappointed. I think it's $40 in most places (I had some credit to use, hence my $10 less), so for that price I think it's well worth it. I am also going to pick up the Crash Racing game as I am sure that will be more of the same. And that's not a bad thing at all.