Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4; 7/17/20)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-20, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts
Re: Ghost of Tsushima (PS4; 7/17/20)

I have encountered a glitch that has totally screwed things up. I can still play the game and finish the main story, but it will block at least three Trophies. The Six Blades of Kojiro Mythic Quest. Ideally, you go to the fishing villiage first, get the mission from the musician, then go duel the five Straw Hats, then fight the Boss. But you can unwittingly start with the duels first just by stumbling upon their locations (sometimes with the "help" of the Golden Birds). It's not a big deal if you have done a few of them. But from what I am reading on Reddit, if (like me) you have already fought all five Straw Hats before talking to the musician, the game can glitch and you won't be able to pick up the mission from that point. What a disaster.
Old 09-07-20, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I have encountered a glitch that has totally screwed things up. I can still play the game and finish the main story, but it will block at least three Trophies. The Six Blades of Kojiro Mythic Quest. Ideally, you go to the fishing villiage first, get the mission from the musician, then go duel the five Straw Hats, then fight the Boss. But you can unwittingly start with the duels first just by stumbling upon their locations (sometimes with the "help" of the Golden Birds). It's not a big deal if you have done a few of them. But from what I am reading on Reddit, if (like me) you have already fought all five Straw Hats before talking to the musician, the game can glitch and you won't be able to pick up the mission from that point. What a disaster.

Thought I was the only lucky one with a glitch....I didn't fight all Five "Before" talking to the Musician...think I fought three, talked to him, then the other two and came back. I've been slowly going back & forth slowly moving north opening the maps especially Act 2 which had far more to find, see and do compared to Act 1. I still haven't found a way to contact Sucker Punch directly because unlike say Ubisoft or Digital Extremes with Warframe, there is not Forum with PC, & Console Bugs to post about. I tried their Facebook and posted a small sumary of my issue a week ago and still no response. There's a link to Playstation Support which I might try and see but I think that's more technical than bugs and glitches in game.
Old 09-07-20, 09:34 PM

Turns out I was wrong. I had fought four duels not five but since they were all on my map, I thought I had fought them all. That is done now thankfully.

And a word to the wise : Seek out the Charm of Inari – Increase supplies, predator hides, bamboo, and yew wood gained from collecting.
It's at the Arrow Peak Shrine in the Act 1 map. It VASTLY increases the amount of supplies and hides you get everywhere in the game. I didn't get it until very late and OMG what a difference. I have found that the limiting factor for all upgrades is always Supplies and it takes a long time to gather enough for later upgrades. This makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
Old 09-08-20, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good to hear Decker...I saw the Reddit Post you mentioned but there was still no answer on just how to contact Sucker Punch....I spent 30 minutes yesterday looking everywhere and still couldn't find a way. On the Official Playstation Site, there's a Game Section under Help and even links to Third Party....but Sucker Punch wasn't listed; strange......yea, I got that Charm and rotated it in the other six but once I got a few Armor Maxed, I kept the Defensive and Melee Charms on....

I finished Act 2 and just a major WOW...and yes, long.....a kick in the gut, a bit of a shocker, a major surprise....afterward I continued to play a lot more opening up the bottom map some. The pace , the "New Surroundings & Area" and circumstances had m pulled in even more....it was like reading or seeing a huge plot twist in a TV Series or Book and you just had to find out what's happening next....the contrast in Act 3 is eye wakening and stunning....but all the areas have been...

I'm down to getting one more for like 3-4 on Exploration and rest it's like 2-4...just two Armor Sets to max; Ronin and The Archer Set....Ghost Weapons and Stances Maxed and just have some in Evasion and one Mythical left. Showing 4-5 Scroll Records left but guess I'll have to wait and see if it shows complete or not till the end....and can we go back all over later?
Old 09-08-20, 08:47 AM

FYI you don't need all the records and artifacts to Platinum the game, just 20 of each. I finished the game yesterday and was pretty happy with the conclusion. Have like four Mongol territories in the north to liberate still but I am so powerful now that it's no issue to just slaughter everyone in a couple of minutes so I will take care of that tonight. Then I will decide if I want to bother finishing up with every hot spring, Fox Den, Shrine and (sigh) Haiku to chase that Platinum trophy. Not sure how many banners I need but haven't popped a trophy for that either.
Old 09-08-20, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
FYI you don't need all the records and artifacts to Platinum the game, just 20 of each. I finished the game yesterday and was pretty happy with the conclusion. Have like four Mongol territories in the north to liberate still but I am so powerful now that it's no issue to just slaughter everyone in a couple of minutes so I will take care of that tonight. Then I will decide if I want to bother finishing up with every hot spring, Fox Den, Shrine and (sigh) Haiku to chase that Platinum trophy. Not sure how many banners I need but haven't popped a trophy for that either.

I did not know about needing just 20 Records and Artifacts....I really hope that is the case....yea, I'm trying to hurrry and finish then park it till Legends comes out. That I am looking forward to and interested on how the Matchmaking and Joining Group will work. Congrads on finishing it...a part of me wants to but then again this has been one of if not the best game I've played and don't want it to end. Hopefully we'll get something but guess that depends.....
Old 09-08-20, 06:49 PM

It's definitely that case :

And to follow up, you don't need to find ANY banners to Platinum the game (well, actually you do because some are needed to clear out certain Mongol compounds, but there's no Trophy associated with collecting banners).
Old 09-09-20, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well that's a relief....strange but I've never gone to the Wiki at all nor help guides except the one showing where to find records in places with the Fort since I couldn't find it. Didn't even know there was no trophy for The Banners. I do need to look at the Hidden trophy List as I still have around four left.
Old 09-17-20, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Criterion Collection interviews directors Nate Fox and Jason Connell:

https://www.criterion.com/current/po...-samurai-genre
Old 09-18-20, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was a great read.....I need to get back to it after a week away. I've been heavy in Warframe this week after buying one and getting as a sign-in reward a Double Resource Booster. I feel I'm heading around the final turn in Act 3; a few Collection Pcs, 1 or 2 Generals and maybe 2-3 places to retake....
Old 09-20-20, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Think I'm finally almost at the end.....I've collected all The Collections except for One Record and One Haiku. I was worried about not getting all the records with the glitch at the Yarikawa Stronghold but I'm now showing a path to the Last Stronghold. I'm now wondering about the Last Haiku as well since nothing is showing and I have about 95% of the Act 3 area opened up. Just have The Monk's Final after finishing Lady M and The Archer Teacher last night
Old 09-20-20, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

This game is massive. I've probably spent a dozen hours and I'm still in the first area on Act 1 and only 16/24 liberated towns. I guess it's good Cyberpunk got pushed from September.
Old 09-20-20, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
This game is massive. I've probably spent a dozen hours and I'm still in the first area on Act 1 and only 16/24 liberated towns.
You'll be surprised how quickly it moves from there. Act II is significantly smaller in scale than Act I, and Act III is smaller still. But yeah, Act I does feel as if it could've been its own separate game in a lot of ways.
Old 09-20-20, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
You'll be surprised how quickly it moves from there. Act II is significantly smaller in scale than Act I, and Act III is smaller still. But yeah, Act I does feel as if it could've been its own separate game in a lot of ways.
I don’t know if that’s true. I thought Act 2 was longer to get through if you do all the side quests.
Old 09-20-20, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Act 1 feels longer and bigger since you're basically just starting out and barely scratched the surface of all the quests, collections and getting your Armor and Abilities up. I felt Act 2 was just loaded with a lot more but that's where the main story, side stories and getting your abilities and gear starts kicking in...Act 3 has felt like putting it in cruise control, heading to the final turn and homestretch watching all the pieces fall in place.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (09-20-20)
Old 09-20-20, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Are the other two maps just as densely packed as the first?
Old 09-20-20, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Are the other two maps just as densely packed as the first?
I didn’t think they were. It definitely seemed rushed after the 1st act.
Michael Corvin (09-20-20)
Old 09-20-20, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just finished and got the Platinum......got all collections, artifacts, upgrades, etc....what a game, what a final...GotY for me...if not Decade....

Highlights....
Probably the least bugged & glitched game I've ever played. Sure some weird camera angles when in a certain spot but not a single Blue Screen or Error, never saw any serious lag or slow down, characters doing weird things, fighting animation out-of-joint...it was really smooth through out the game.
Map, Area, Location Design...I still look at AC; Origins as one of the Best Looking games out there but Tsushima is right there...it's been a absolute stunner no matter where...Act 3 is really a standout but they really went all out and it shows....
Combat Mechanics.....Origins and Odyssey has been fun and felt great but overall "Jin" took it up a notch. Who doesn't like hacking & slashing with a Katana and the combat system was a blast to play....Stances, Weapons, Ghost Stuff, Stealth, All Out.....had it all.
Best Move...the Drop Down, Stab thru back and then savage a Commander and the 3-Assassinate
Most Fun To Do....hallucinate the Big Dudes with Huge Shields and watch bodies go flying

Can't remember how to do the "Spoiler Alert" so I can only say they did sort of leave it where Mongols will/can be in Ghost 2....or....Mongols and ______(which those who finished know who I'm talking about).....and good chance we might see all the helping characters and possibly one that sort of left but who knows.....

And now just wait for Legends which I hope some here will pick and play...wow, four at same time, Archer, Ronin, Ghost and Samurai.....
Most Used Move....Dance of Wrath....this move basically carried me during any and all fighting. It was my goto no matter who and how many.

Old 10-05-20, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Get Ready Fellow Samurai's....the awaited legends Co-op Drops Next Week and Even More....https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10...ives-next-week

Old 10-09-20, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

On the PS5:

Old 10-10-20, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Load times on GoT are already ridiculously fast on the PS4. Something you quickly get used to so to see that improve across the board on both consoles is a huge
K&AJones (10-10-20)
Old 10-12-20, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The New 1.1 Update with Legends drops this Friday.....and reading thru this article.... https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10...ives-next-week .....I noticed that RAIDS will be released later and not much on just what it is but sounds almost like a Hard Difficulty Assault Mode. From story above....Raids are also on the way with a new four-player experience hidden within Iyo's realm. The raid will be in three parts, designed specifically for players to work together to effectively take down difficult enemies and complete objectives.

Details of the four characters you can play, getting the update and go to PS Store and then how and who to look for on starting out. Still didn't see just how the match making/ lobby works or has drop-in function.
Old 10-16-20, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I played several rounds of The Story Mode with 2 player coop....and there is a lot in there as far as character building and leveling and it is a challenge. It feels almost like when you started out with not much of anything and the enemies all seem tougher. Which you are starting out when you pick a character all your gear is "White"...basically your katana, Bow, Throwing Weapons and you get one Charm.

You do have a Level as you rank up but then there is a Ki Level...which basically sums up what your gear 'Power Level" is...the higher the better and more damage you deal and can take. Items are the standard colors and apparently there is Legendary and Rare items. As of now I've seen White, Green and Blue. And your items have different stats...like one items can have cooldown reduction and the same item can have damage or range....you can get swords that do better against shielded, spear or double swords enemies ...

I have messed with Survival as of yet...when you start out your 'Ki Level is 5"...the recommended Ki Level for Survival is 15...and even now with Ki at 15, it's tough in the doing lesser ranked story missions. And within those missions, story and survival you have Bronze, Silver and Gold missions that tougher it is the better the loot. But if you go down you can be healed or wait for 40 seconds and respawn.In Story if both Ghosts go down you restart at checkpoint. Each Story Mission is in three parts so if both go down in the middle of Part 2, you restart at beginning of Part 2.

The Matchmaking lobby seems to be fine as most are trying to get thru anything to level up and get better gear. I haven't had any bugs and glitches yet. It's fun and not some cakewalk. Even with two player you really need to stick together as some if not most enemies need two to take down...or heal each other. So far it's pretty impressive and glad someone put something like this in...should've been in AC games a long time back....
Old 10-19-20, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone here playing The Legends DLC?....mostly with randoms and just a few with mics but make it go better in a party/group.....
Old 10-21-20, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...I think everyone expected this would be coming.....https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020...f_feudal_japan

Ghost of Tsushima Sequel Rumored as Dev Wants New Narrative Writer with Knowledge of Feudal Japan

Sucker Punch, the developer behind the inFAMOUS series and Ghost of Tsushima, is hiring for new, unannounced projects. Shocking! But the real story here is that one job listing — narrative writer — seems to hint at what one of these projects might be. Surprise surprise, it sounds like Sucker Punch could be planning a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.