Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-11-18, 12:04 AM   #1
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DYING LIGHT 2: Xbox One / PS4 / PC

Ok this one I didn't see coming, since they're still supporting the first one (And I need to fucking play it and my friend asked me again today after seeing the premiere, "when are we gonna play it?). This looks crazy!

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!
Old 06-11-18, 07:21 AM   #2
mugwump
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: DYING LIGHT 2: Xbox One / PS4 / PC

Interesting. I had a ton of fun with the first one but never went back to play any of the updates.
Old 06-11-18, 08:11 AM   #3
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep...you need to play the first one and it's even better with two or more....one heck of a game that should've got far more accolades. Never finished it up...in the new area...which had the Dune Buggy's which are a blast to just drive around and mow down zombies...even more at night.

This one looks interesting with some added twist....besides Zombies you now have competing factions to deal with. Thankfully it's next year and hopefully 2nd or even 3rd quarter....Division 2 is March, Anthem is February and Rage 2 is just sometime around Spring.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 06-11-18, 08:13 AM   #4
Osiris3657
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice, I really enjoyed the first one. Looking forward to this.
Old 06-11-18, 12:34 PM   #5
dsa_shea
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Yep...you need to play the first one and it's even better with two or more....one heck of a game that should've got far more accolades. Never finished it up...in the new area...which had the Dune Buggy's which are a blast to just drive around and mow down zombies...even more at night.

This one looks interesting with some added twist....besides Zombies you now have competing factions to deal with. Thankfully it's next year and hopefully 2nd or even 3rd quarter....Division 2 is March, Anthem is February and Rage 2 is just sometime around Spring.
I'd rather it come out this year so by the time I get around to playing it next year, it will be 20 bucks and all of the DLC will be out. It would be nice to break myself of getting every game I want as they come out.
Old 06-13-18, 09:56 AM   #6
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Looking forward to this. Loved the original game and The Following DLC.
Old 06-15-18, 08:56 AM   #7
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pretty good read here on five major improvements of Dying Light 2 over Dying Light (2015)...

I played the first...and still need to go back. I remember the base game and then the second section followed by The Following which was bigger than both the original and 2nd part. I cannot even imagine them saying this will be "4 times larger than all of Dying Light combined"....

Five Ways Dying Light 2 Is A Bigger, Better, And More Intense Sequel

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2018...intense-sequel

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 06-28-18, 10:32 PM   #8
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Dying Light 2 Lead Designer, Tymon, Smektala, revealed in a recent interview with WCCFtech that devs have been focusing on making the game run at 60fps over delivering it in 4K resolution.

In the interview, Smektala said, "The most important for us it the fluidity of movement, because it’s a parkour game. You really have to be immersed in how you move through the city, so 60fps is more important to us than 4K. But, we still have a year to optimize, and we have real wizards when it comes to optimization, so perhaps we’ll deliver both 4K and 60fps."
https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...m-Than-4K.html

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!
Old 06-28-18, 10:40 PM   #9
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Is this like a Far Cry 5 game? Looks good. Heard of first, but don’t think I played it for some reason...

Edit...huh, turns out I have it and all dlc. I may have tried it and thought difficult at first. Really don’t remember...

Edit 2...just saw a review for first. Looks good, but I didn’t like Dead Island or Deadrisng or Left 4 Dead. I just don’t like not having big fat juicy guns. This weapon crafting of common items and stuff is not my cup of tea I don’t think...

Last edited by OldBoy; 06-28-18 at 10:56 PM..
Old 06-29-18, 06:38 AM   #10
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wouldn't say this is like FC5 by any means nor a typical "Zombie Game". There's still a lot to know about the game which still has yet have a release date....

The first one which I played at about 70-73% complete has somewhat a base plot...both have a central figure that goes in and deals with the area. In Dying Light a agent is sent in to get a certain file, is bitten rescued and then several plots are unfolded while dealing with Zombies Day & Night.

In Dying Light 2, it's 15years after the first one and the zombie population has been somewhat controlled and centralized and come out at night. However....Techland has put in you now have to deal with the human element of the day via waring Factions that seek control of he City resources like water. These Factions will have a "Pro & Con" element that involves the survivors of the city. Helping one Faction will actually change over time elements and people...either good or bad. So there is a emotional and choice's have consequences part installed in the game.

Then, you need to deal with Zombies at night especially their Nests. There will be rewards and items in these areas that are vital and important. By accounts, Dying Light 2 will be "four times larger" than the combined game and DLC of the first one. As good as the first one looked, this will look even more better along with adding more on the parkour moves while dealing damage. No doubt it will have the weapon crafting part that is quite simple along with weapons needing maintaining.

Old 06-29-18, 12:32 PM   #11
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Thanks K&A. are these, DL1, somewhat linear, where it tells you what to do and where to go next?
Old 06-29-18, 12:38 PM   #12
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-29-18, 05:40 PM   #13
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Nice find there matty…..

OldBoy...both are open worlds that let you just go out, but both have a central story to follow along with side quests. It won't be a Go to A, Go to B, Go to C....but you'll probably need to stay on the story part while picking your side stuff encouraging you to explore which will be a lot of area.....

Old 06-29-18, 09:13 PM   #14
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Nice find there matty…..

OldBoy...both are open worlds that let you just go out, but both have a central story to follow along with side quests. It won't be a Go to A, Go to B, Go to C....but you'll probably need to stay on the story part while picking your side stuff encouraging you to explore which will be a lot of area.....
ok, so kinda FC5 in structure. i'll give it a shot. thanks.
Old 06-30-18, 07:57 AM   #15
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really need to get back in this and see just where I am...if anything hop in the Buggy and run around running over zombies; that never gets tiring...

Just fire up some trailers and gameplay. Techland is really underrated and under praised. I look at what they did with Dying Light the same way what Ubisoft has done with the last two Far Cry games....design, layout, details, mechanics, playstyle, settings and story have been excellent and solid.

...and if you like more of a Arcade Style of bashing Zombies for a quick rush and just a good time & laughs...look at Killing Floor 2. That's Left4Dead on crack & steroids....

Old 06-30-18, 09:59 AM   #16
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

so no guns at all, right?
Old 07-01-18, 07:20 AM   #17
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
so no guns at all, right?
Oh no...there's guns along with the typical Whack-A-Zombie melee stuff. They're just not some wacky stuff. There's pistols, rifles, shotguns, snipe rifles, various "Bombs"...in one update in DL they added a crossbow with various heads which was fun to play. You won't find...or at least now...Lasers & Plasma stuff. The thing is they made the guns to be good but...you attracted more zombies when using them...Zombies were attracted to sounds. Even when you ran they heard it. They did a neat move where you can sort of "smear zombie blood on you" and just be able to walk right thru them. Come up behind them and break their neck,,,,it wear off so you could just re-apply.

In your arsenal you can have Firecrackers.....toss them to escape an area or toss them to gather them and throw out a grenade or fire cocktail. The melee weapons were really fun since you can craft a normal machete adding fire, poison or electricity or do the same to Pipe Wrench, sledge hammer, shovel, pitch fork, etc....but more you used it the more it need to either be fixed or swapped. Different tiers...normal, green, blue and orange meant lasted longer, more perks could be added, sold for more, etc...