DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Martyr consoles June 2018 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/643927-warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr-consoles-june-2018-a.html)

K&AJones 05-04-18 09:09 AM

Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Martyr consoles June 2018

Hello All

Being a Diablo III fan and player for a long time, I've always like the style, look and gameplay but the game has stalled and not grown much at all over the last year or two. And many of us have kept a eye out for one to fill it's need and spot....and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr looks like the perfect fit. In fact several have labeled it..."Diablo In Space".....The game is already out on in Beta Form for Steam and was to come out in May but pushed to June as of now...….Delayed Again....out June 5th for Steam and pushed back to "later this summer" for consoles

Features the same drop down 3/4 view as in Diablo and will have single player (story & campaign), up to 4-player co-op and include couch co-op. There are three classes to choose from and within those there are three styles of play. Armor & Weapons are interchangeable based on mission. There is also crafting to enhance your armor and weapons even more. You can create or join Cabals...where as those will get special rewards and even missions to complete.

Official Site - https://neocoregames.com/en/games/wa...uisitor-martyr

Gamesite articles -
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/warham...uisitor-martyr

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018...-ps4-11th-may/

http://www.thisisxbox.com/warhammer-...e-come-may-11/

http://www.thexboxhub.com/details-of...editions-drop/

https://www.mmorpg.com/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr

Couch co-op gameplay......

Boss System Trailer...

K&AJones 06-01-18 04:05 PM

Re: Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Martyr consoles June 2018

The game was scheduled for PC, PS4 and XB1 June 5th and now has been pushed back again..."sometime later summer". June 5th is to be ready on Steam. There is a new trailer with gameplay and details about the game.

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_QP5vPlzzd0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lopper 06-01-18 04:21 PM

This looks right up my alley, but it looked like those console versions were running a little rough. Would definitely pick up for PC at the right price.

gerrythedon 06-01-18 10:39 PM

not a too long delay

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr will now launch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on 5th July 2018
https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...ease-Date.html

K&AJones 06-02-18 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by lopper (Post 13344281)
This looks right up my alley, but it looked like those console versions were running a little rough. Would definitely pick up for PC at the right price.

I actually was thinking the same thing since we have a decent rig that could handle it.....but I went to Steam and looked it up and it's around $49 for the PC. I've gone back and forth on the official forums which is a bit thin and some say there are still some minor bugs here and there. I'll wait for the PS4 version but if this had cross platform play (PC & Xbox) I'd go that route.....just depends on how it will be received on the consoles. I've been cringing for another Diablo style game and this is the closest I've seen.

I still play Diablo III here and there but Blizzard hasn't done much to expanding the game in a long time. And many thought some announcement last year at BlizzCom would happen but didn't. This year, if nothing is announced even more will bail. In this just looking at the Star Chart and Worlds, you can sort of feel there can be a lot out there and added later on.

OldBoy 03-29-21 05:03 PM

so i just got this in a dual pack along with Chaosbane. so i popped in Chaosbane for a bit. i think i liked it. no, i'm pretty sure i did, but i don't really understand what's going on, there is so much happening and so many enemies all at once.

so, is the point of these games basically in the beginning you are weakest, have a couple weapons, couple skills, pick up stuff left by fallen enemies and always have to recharge in those recharging circles and thus keep doing these quests given by whoever, which intern opens up more quests, more areas and i assume you level up your character, get more skills, weapons and eventually become very powerful and don't need those recharging circles, all while following some semblance of an epic story and journey?

so far, it's pretty smash and grab. is there strategy involved along the way at all? i mean i didn't even see my health bar i was so consumed by everything. i went into menus a bit, but didn't really notice my HUD, but i never died. and for me, that's pretty remarkable, unless it's designed like that in the very very beginning. prologue beginning. also, i did which hunter class if that matters.

i never played these games, like ever, which is why i ask. this is my first top-down what scroller RPG?

thanks in advance for easy explanation.

K&AJones 03-30-21 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13912789)
so i just got this in a dual pack along with Chaosbane. so i popped in Chaosbane for a bit. i think i liked it. no, i'm pretty sure i did, but i don't really understand what's going on, there is so much happening and so many enemies all at once.

so, is the point of these games basically in the beginning you are weakest, have a couple weapons, couple skills, pick up stuff left by fallen enemies and always have to recharge in those recharging circles and thus keep doing these quests given by whoever, which intern opens up more quests, more areas and i assume you level up your character, get more skills, weapons and eventually become very powerful and don't need those recharging circles, all while following some semblance of an epic story and journey?

so far, it's pretty smash and grab. is there strategy involved along the way at all? i mean i didn't even see my health bar i was so consumed by everything. i went into menus a bit, but didn't really notice my HUD, but i never died. and for me, that's pretty remarkable, unless it's designed like that in the very very beginning. prologue beginning. also, i did which hunter class if that matters.

i never played these games, like ever, which is why i ask. this is my first top-down what scroller RPG?

thanks in advance for easy explanation.

These are in the sort of what a lot call...Diablo Style RPG Game.....Path of Exile, Torchlight, Grim Dawn, Chaosbane, Inquisitor: Martyr...it' Top-Down RPG with Lore and Story where you're right; start out with little to nothing on the Story dealing with various enemies along the way while you obtain better gear, loot, resources, earn XP/Points to spend various ways like Skill Trees, Attributes...which you face tougher enemies which you ususally get better gear and loot while striving to complete the story/campaign....and some or most also offer co-op, lots of side stuff, Seasonal Play, etc....

It boils down to if you or one likes that style and camera play versus FPS, 3rd person, etc....I play all three style, I like the stories, the loot, expanding your character and skills, trying other characters and skill sets which varry like Witcher, Barbarian, Templar, demon Hunter, Archer, hunter, priest and so-on.Some of these have far more depth and possibilites either thru haracters or Maps/Locations....like path of Exile Character possibilites are like unlimited and complex versus say Torchlight and Chaosbane that sometimes frustrates new players...some the pace is faster and some more strategy...

lopper 03-30-21 01:10 PM

Completely forgot about this game. I still think it looks really good, and it's still way too expensive. Finally added to my Steam wishlist so I can hopefully grab it during a sale.

K&AJones 03-30-21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by lopper (Post 13913187)
Completely forgot about this game. I still think it looks really good, and it's still way too expensive. Finally added to my Steam wishlist so I can hopefully grab it during a sale.

Don't know what it is on Steam...but for now the Ultimate Edition normally $65.00 is $14.00 in the PS Store. I grabbed it and so far really like it...not as fast pace and wide open as Diablo and Path of Exile but they really did great capturing the Warhammer Universe.

OldBoy 03-30-21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 13913337)
Don't know what it is on Steam...but for now the Ultimate Edition normally $65.00 is $14.00 in the PS Store. I grabbed it and so far really like it...not as fast pace and wide open as Diablo and Path of Exile but they really did great capturing the Warhammer Universe.

or this and ChaosBane are $24 at XBOX.com

K&AJones 03-30-21 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13913338)
or this and ChaosBane are $24 at XBOX.com

I have Chaosbane already...after a month I deleted it and i bought the game day one when it came out.....the trailers I saw was no-where near what I played. The Inquisitor: Martyr Ultimate has a lot of content; Extra missions, Seasonal Play, Extra Locations.....I did Re-Load Chaosbane just to see if they did anything new and updated the game a bit. I replied to Decker on it in the Video Game Deals....Chaosbane to me was alright and ok but it really needed more...Flash & Pizazz....compared to Diablo and Path of Exile, it was dull looking.....more lighting and ability effects for sure. Even the Loot you could barely see....

OldBoy 03-30-21 06:02 PM

So I should start with Martyr? I want to get the best experience possible out the gate? Are the Martyr extras worth it? I thought I saw CB get better reviews than this one. I didn’t realize CB came after Martyr. For some reason I thought Martyr was the more recent. Hmmm. Decisions.

Holy shit. Just noticed this 2-pack is back to $80. Awesome timing to get for $24 yesterday. That’s $56 I saved. I am a saver! But, it’s funny I returned the Ultimate edition I bought, but just opened game and still have the extras. That’s cool.

So if I’m liking this style, should I get Diablo? Is that the best of them? I just don’t want too complicated...

Decker 03-30-21 06:31 PM

Diablo is fantastic and not difficult at all.

And there is a free Diable clone coming to Games With Gold on Thursday.

Also Torchlight 3 is another very good Diablo clone on Game Pass right now

OldBoy 03-30-21 06:41 PM

But, is the actual Diablo the best of the bunch? The one that started it all, I guess. Part 3 looks like great reviews. Good?

OldBoy 03-30-21 07:04 PM

And what exactly are the rpg elements? Did I not come across yet, or is it this whole leveling up, gear, skills all apart of it and I’m used to already?

I was always wary of these (probably just didn’t realize what they really were about) and if this is what they are like then a new genre I found.

Decker 03-30-21 08:11 PM

Diablo 3 is the best despite being like 8-9 years old now. They just do it so well. It's often on sale.
It doesn't really have true RPG elements, you just unlock skills when you hit new levels and there is always better gears to obtain. And the game never really ends so you can just keep playing it, alone or with a friend.

OldBoy 03-30-21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13913445)
Diablo 3 is the best despite being like 8-9 years old now. They just do it so well. It's often on sale.
It doesn't really have true RPG elements, you just unlock skills when you hit new levels and there is always better gears to obtain. And the game never really ends so you can just keep playing it, alone or with a friend.

what do you mean doesn’t really end? There’s no story that you’re doing anything for? No ending?

Decker 03-30-21 08:21 PM

No. There was one ending when it first came to the PC. Then a couple years later it got an expansion and an additional ending. But the game keeps going long after that. It's not really about the story in the traditional sense of an RPG. There's just some exposition here and there as you hack and Slash.

OldBoy 03-30-21 08:43 PM

But, if I play just the base game first, D3, there’s a start and finish, then dlc just adds more?

Decker 03-30-21 08:50 PM

I guess. It's an additional act. It will probably just feel like the start of a new chapter more than tacked on DLC. Honestly I never really understood the story anyway. It's just an excuse to hunt demons over and over again as you get more and more powerful.

OldBoy 03-30-21 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13913478)
I guess. It's an additional act. It will probably just feel like the start of a new chapter more than tacked on DLC. Honestly I never really understood the story anyway. It's just an excuse to hunt demons over and over again as you get more and more powerful.

ok. If it looks nice and plays fluidly I think I’ll be happy.

K&AJones 03-31-21 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13913473)
But, if I play just the base game first, D3, there’s a start and finish, then dlc just adds more?

yep...it's like a lot of other games out there and no different...you play a Story/Campaign part...say like AC; Valhalla or Origins...it has side quests within The Story but then you get a DLC Pack with another Story or Mini-Campaign...or say Destiny2 that has a once a year huge DLC New Season Play....Warframe has a few each year...they all basically keep the game...and your progress going. The big thing with games and especially Diablo and Path of Exile...is a Season. Special gear, Buffs, Events, Enemies, Places pop up during these events...they are outside of Normal Play and will last like 2-3 months...

K&AJones 04-14-21 08:32 AM

i started a "Psyker'...sort of a a Diablo Wizard Class....and at Level 24 now...game is opening up a lot....here is a video from someone doing a Leveling guide with their Psyker.....it's close to what i'm seeing; just not that dense and powerful enemies yet....