Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DEAD RISING 5: possibly?

Old 04-23-18, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DEAD RISING 5: possibly?

Capcom Kills Puzzle Fighter on Mobile to Focus on Dead Rising

Capcom has announced that it's ending Puzzle Fighter for mobile, as developer Capcom Game Studio Vancouver looks to shift its focus back to the Dead Rising series. Presumably, that means a Dead Rising 5 could be on the cards, even if it means that Puzzle Fighter will be pulled after just a few months.

"Firstly, we’d like to thank all the fans who have supported and enjoyed our Puzzle Fighter mobile game thus far," Capcom stated on its Capcom-Unity blog. "As huge fans of Puzzle Fighter ourselves, the team here at Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is proud to have created a new version of the game that’s unique and enjoyable."

The game will be removed from app stores on 1st July before the servers close down on 31st July. It's probably safe to say that the rumoured Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Puzzle Fighter are in the bin too, unless Capcom thinks it could find a second life on other platforms.

"As the studio is dedicating its focus to our flagship Dead Rising franchise, we have decided to sunset Puzzle Fighter," Capcom confirmed. Will we see a Dead Rising 5 announcement at E3 2018 this June then? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll know soon enough.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...ad-Rising.html
Old 04-23-18, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: DEAD RISING 5: possibly?

I love DR3, liked DR4... I want more!
Old 04-23-18, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

E3 is coming...
Old 04-24-18, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Love the Dead Rising series... as long as we get the FULL game, I'm in day 1. Since I didn't pay for the DR4 DLC, I guess I still haven't finished that game.
Old 04-27-18, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As long as its more like Dead Rising 1 then it is Dead Rising 4 ill be in for it.
Old 09-18-18, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dead Rising 4 Developer Capcom Vancouver Has Closed Down

Capcom Vancouver, the studio behind the most recent entries in the Dead Rising series including Dead Rising 4, has closed down. That means Capcom's primary western developer is no more following 30% of the studio's workforce being laid off earlier this year.

"As a result of reviewing titles in development at Capcom Vancouver, Capcom has decided to cancel the development projects at this studio and will concentrate development of major titles in Japan," a Capcom representative told Kotaku. "A skeleton crew will remain until January 2019 to finalise closure operations and logistics."

Apparently, 158 people will lose their jobs as a result of the studio's closure after 13 years of operation, Capcom Vancouver first forming in 2005 as Blue Castle Games and best known for its work on Dead Rising 2 and its sequels. A new Dead Rising game had been expected, but it's unknown where development duties will now fall for the zombie actioner's future iterations.

"We appreciate the hard work and contributions of all the studio team members in creating unforgettable gameplay experiences for the Dead Rising series and Puzzle Fighter," Capcom's spokesperson added.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...osed-Down.html