DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Star Wars Force Arena (iOS) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/643453-star-wars-force-arena-ios.html)

Supermallet 03-24-18 03:30 AM

Star Wars Force Arena (iOS)

Anyone playing this? I find it to be a far more lively and enjoyable game than Galaxy of Heroes. For one thing, it’s a MOBA so all the matches are in real time and involve split second decisions and long term strategies. For another, the progression feels reasonable even if you’re F2P. If you like a particular character or item, you can focus on leveling them without having to jump through all the hoops GoH makes you go through. And the developed, Netmarble, offer significant updates every few months.

I’m currently at tier 10 of 14 with my light side deck, mostly playing Rey, and tier 11 with my dark side deck, mostly playing Snoke.

It’s a very different game from GoH and it’s not associated with EA as far as I know. I recommend anyone who’s sick of or looking for an alternative to GoH to give it a try! If we get enough consistent players we can form a guild and get some guild rewards.

DVD Josh 03-24-18 08:20 AM

Re: Star Wars Force Arena (iOS)

Tried it. Hated it. There's a reason it lags so far behind swgoh.

Supermallet 03-24-18 09:25 AM

MOBA’s take a bit of getting used to in general, but I find the gameplay to be far more exciting and fluid than the rote turn taking of GoH, and the endless requirements needed to level up a single character in GoH, and then the arbitrary level vs star level or whatever, makes GoH feel like far more of a cash grab, especially when you consider you have to spend energy to play a match in GoH. I don’t know why Force Arena lags behind GoH, as every time I try to give GoH another chance I find the gameplay tedious and difficult to progress without immediately spending money.

story 03-24-18 11:27 AM

Hmm, I may have to try it out, thank you. Is there a community element and/or a way to be on a team somehow? My favorite games are the ones where you get to connect with others.

Supermallet 03-24-18 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by story (Post 13296888)
Hmm, I may have to try it out, thank you. Is there a community element and/or a way to be on a team somehow? My favorite games are the ones where you get to connect with others.

You can join a guild and do 2v2 matches, where you team up with another guild member, or you can play friendly 1v1 matches to work on your skills. As I said, if enough people here were interested in playing regularly, we could form a guild. Every week there are challenges for guilds that yields rewards for each member if they’re met. I’m in an active guild now and we try to beat all the challenges in a given week.

Supermallet 03-25-18 02:28 PM

Story, sorry to hear about your guild at GoH. That’s really rude, they could have at least discussed it with you and explained why they wanted to make a change. There are seriously competitive guilds in most of these games, hopefully you can find a better fit for GoH.

If you have any questions about Force Arena, I’m happy to help with them.