Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-27-18, 10:49 AM   #201
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: God of War (4/20/18- PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post

...and one final note...I haven't had this much fun with a certain weapon like the Leviathan Axe since using the Lancer Rifle to saw enemies in half in Gears of War. Just throwing and having it snap back is one of the best weapon mechanics I've seen..
Same. Probably my favorite since the bow in Tomb Raider 2013. It's even more satisfying with a subwoofer. When the axe lands back in Kratos' hand, it just makes a perfect *thud that's great.
Old 11-30-18, 08:40 AM   #202
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finished The Journey....just a major WOW....what a ride, a story, an experience. Pretty much near flawless in every aspect. The Journey of Kratos and his Son was really well done. Not too long, not too short, that didn't overwhelm you while offering a steady flow of choices, options. I can't speak for the other games in the GOTY category but GoW should be the odds favorite.

I now have the two options of "Exploring & New Game 1.0"....and I'll come back later to the exploring parts since there's other realms to visit. And once again a few questions...

But I've seen these 'Gold Armor" pcs offered for awhile and they need some Ember Stone...a hint on where that is?

There was a quest later in the game from one of the Blacksmith Brothers...go to some Storeroom that's really close to Kratos Home at the start of the game. I went there and another location SW trying to reach it but never found a way. In fact I went to the one where you first meet one of the Brothers crossing a long rope bridge, went thru a past area and two of those Floating Poison Witches were in there at a really high level...I got one-shot. They had three purple bars....

There was a few things I didn't get to under The Witches house in the main cave...can I return there after you-know-what?

The Valkyrs...I assume they're more like end-game Bosses where you need end-game armor and stuff. The highest level of Armor I've seen is the Gold Stuff at 7...is that it or does it go higher?

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 11-30-18, 11:32 AM   #203
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

If you haven't already, make sure you go to your home to rest/sleep for a sort of "post-credits" sequence/teaser.
Old 11-30-18, 12:23 PM   #204
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
But I've seen these 'Gold Armor" pcs offered for awhile and they need some Ember Stone...a hint on where that is?
Two of the realms are essentially monster closets to get all the items you need to craft. It's a shit ton of grinding. So if that isn't your thing, skip it.

Quote:
The Valkyrs...I assume they're more like end-game Bosses where you need end-game armor and stuff. The highest level of Armor I've seen is the Gold Stuff at 7...is that it or does it go higher?
They're tough and if you aren't a completionist, then skip it. I'd recommend going for the fancy armor first though.
Old 12-01-18, 10:00 AM   #205
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
If you haven't already, make sure you go to your home to rest/sleep for a sort of "post-credits" sequence/teaser.
Thanks...I did not do that but came close to going Home to see if something would happen. I was actually thinking something would after The Ashes going back to the gate thru the large room.

The Baldur Fight was intense enough for me to park the game for awhile and let me take a break. I'll go back and toy with the other Realms on & off for completion and gear stuff. Glad they added extra stuff like this...still one of the most fun combat wise I've had and be great to jump back in here and there.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek