DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The What Should I Play Now Thread. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/642558-what-should-i-play-now-thread.html)

OldBoy 01-02-18 11:38 PM

The What Should I Play Now Thread.

We all go through times when we finish a game and just don't know what to play next. At least I do, a lot. Call it attention deficit, call it whatever, but sometimes it is just hard to pick a game and just play it.

Thought this thread might be used to have others choose for you and just go with it. Sometimes it may work, sometimes it may not.

Give some selections and see what others think. Who knows? Thought it might serve some use.

So I just finished Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. Was really hooked and gave me the itch. I want that itch back.

So, I have a few that I want to tackle that I started, but have yet to complete. I'm not sure if I want another crazy FPS or maybe 3rd person. I scrolled through my list and these are the ones that I have come up with to start next, hopefully tomorrow...

Resident Evil VII...played a little, very much liked, got side-tracked and stopped.
The Evil Within...played a little, liked, got side-tracked and stopped.
Bulletstorm...played a little, had a lot of fun, got side-tracked and stopped.
Battlefield 1...have yet to begin.
CoD: WWII...have yet to begin.
Destiny 2...i think i'm fairly far into the SP campaign a bit, perhaps near the end, not really sure, but it isn't itching me that much.
BioShock 1...almost finished, really enjoyed, but again, got side-tracked and a different game went in.

yes, all FPS, but I don't have many 3rd person, Rayman: Origins, some nice looking indie games, like Limbo, others. but not sure if that is way i want to go...

So, i leave it to the rational folks here to choose for me and hopefully i will stick with it...

Please, others, use this thread as a portal to find your next game as well. Think it's not a bad idea...

musick 01-03-18 01:31 AM

Re: The What Should I Play Now Thread.

what are you high?

Music 01-03-18 07:09 AM

Return to Castle Wolfenstein 3D

Rob V 01-03-18 07:42 AM

Sneak King

Noonan 01-03-18 07:45 AM

Without reading the whole post, I'd go with RE. That game was fantastic.

mndtrp 01-03-18 09:55 AM

You should be asking "Which games do you guys remember the best, so when I ask a bunch of questions, I can get some good answers?"

I'm just kidding Oldboy, your posts remind me of some fun or challenging times in games.

Out of your list, Bioshock was one of my favorite games ever, so that gets a recommendation from me. If you want a chill platformer, try the Trine series.

OldBoy 01-03-18 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13237772)
Without reading the whole post, I'd go with RE. That game was fantastic.

yeah, that was tops on my list, but still undecided. it's just like if i'm not shooting stuff mindlessly and endlessly, it doesn't seem to grab me. i did like what i played thus far of RE7 and RE4, which it's nothing like, is one of my favs of all time...

davidh777 01-03-18 10:59 AM

I would go with Bioshock because I'm guessing you have the whole collection to get through.

fumanstan 01-03-18 11:04 AM

I'd also vote Bioshock, but then again I haven't played anything else on your list.

OldBoy 01-03-18 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 13237943)
I would go with Bioshock because I'm guessing you have the whole collection to get through.

played, loved, finished Infinite. but, yeah would like to finish 1 & 2...

Music 01-03-18 11:23 AM

https://i.imgur.com/7524jhl.gif

OldBoy 01-04-18 10:15 PM

RE7 it is. Got more into it. In another house with mother. Looking for serum. Not sure how far I am though. Hope it’s not all like go to this place, avoid a family member, etc. But, I do have the itch back. Such limited weapons. You got to be smart in the way you play. Eerie and creepy which I love.

I hope others can use this thread as well to decide on next game recommended by you guys...

OldBoy 01-20-18 04:26 PM

thanks to all that suggested RE7. played and done. great adventure. truly scary. would love more in this vein.

so, what do i play now?

do i stick with the horror genre (which i love) and play through The Evil Within series? played very little of 1 but abandoned for some reason.

stick with an FPS like CoD: WWII or even Infinite Warfare? haven't played a CoD in some time.

or finish BioShock? i'm in Fort Frolic, but not sure how much left, less than half, maybe? leaning towards this, but...

fumanstan 01-20-18 04:32 PM

When you started the thread, you had one vote for Resident Evil 7 and three votes for Bioshock, and elected to play Resident Evil. And now you're asking again?

I'm not sure what you're expecting to get out of this. :lol:

OldBoy 01-20-18 08:01 PM

i guess some more confirmation that BioShock is way to go or perhaps a totally new recommendation...