DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-20-18, 01:17 PM   #276
RichC2
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Spider-Man (Insomniac Games) PS4 (9/7/18)

Yeah, plus like in real life, the other Boroughs would be more interesting than Manhattan.
Old 11-20-18, 01:25 PM   #277
redbill
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hear Insomniac is working on some advanced Tight Jeans Motion Capture AI to truly capture the realism of Park Slope & Williamsburg.
Old 11-20-18, 01:50 PM   #278
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

But the boroughs won't have the taller buildings that the swinging mechanic needs to work best.
Old 11-20-18, 01:54 PM   #279
fumanstan
DVD Talk Godfather

I have no problems sticking to the city in a sequel, assuming we'd get a better variety of side missions and more variation in detail in to what we already have.

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 11-20-18, 02:50 PM   #280
uteotw
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Turf Wars is out now. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I did install it this morning. Apparently it's significantly tougher than The Heist as well as much darker in tone/execution.
Just getting started but it definitely starts out with a bang. IMO this is how you do DLC--three segments a month apart with an overarching theme. Really glad I got the Deluxe version.
Old 11-20-18, 04:23 PM   #281
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I have no problems sticking to the city in a sequel, assuming we'd get a better variety of side missions and more variation in detail in to what we already have.
I'd be fine with that too, I just wouldn't pay full price for it.
Old 11-20-18, 04:36 PM   #282
Adam Tyner
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Oh, man. Fuck these heavy guys with the laser Gatling guns. The blasts are a hassle to evade, and they don't really take melee damage. I just attempted my first base and made it to the final wave with three of those bastards left. After, like, 10 minutes, I finally succumbed, unable to make any meaningful headway.
"When you're in your twenties, you wonder what everyone's thinking of you. When you're in your thirties, you don't care what people think of you. And when you reach your forties, you find out no one was ever thinking of you in the first place."
-Patton Oswalt
Old 11-20-18, 04:59 PM   #283
fumanstan
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I'd be fine with that too, I just wouldn't pay full price for it.
Right, I meant that the price wouldn't bother me if what I mentioned was changed enough for a sequel. The value and fun of this game for me was much more then just the map of NY, but includes the story, characters, missions, gameplay and quest variety, etc.

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 11-21-18, 07:41 PM   #284
uteotw
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Oh, man. Fuck these heavy guys with the laser Gatling guns. The blasts are a hassle to evade, and they don't really take melee damage. I just attempted my first base and made it to the final wave with three of those bastards left. After, like, 10 minutes, I finally succumbed, unable to make any meaningful headway.
Yeah I was once down to 5 health and 2 of those guys. It’s all about the electric shock with those dudes. Still not easy, but do-able.
Old 11-21-18, 07:56 PM   #285
Adam Tyner
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Yeah. If I'd upgraded my gadgets in a different order, it probably would've been a more cheery story. (I hadn't beefed up the electric web at all.) Although I was lame and dropped the difficulty down, at least now I have all my gadgets 100% upgraded, so I'll be better prepared if I ever get the itch to replay Turf Wars. It did seem like the earliest encounters in the game were tougher than the later ones, strangely. (Well, except for the two stealth Screwball challenges...)
"When you're in your twenties, you wonder what everyone's thinking of you. When you're in your thirties, you don't care what people think of you. And when you reach your forties, you find out no one was ever thinking of you in the first place."
-Patton Oswalt
Old 11-26-18, 12:50 PM   #286
Goldberg74
DVD Talk Legend

Went back to the lab and got the "last chance to upgrade gear before end game" message... so I naturally freaked out and started doing side missions and clearing bases.

"My apologies to this thread for assuming you all had eyes, ears, and a decent memory." - NiCK Crush

"A Michael Bay movie is like the opening of the Ark of the Covenant; it melts my face, but I cannot look away." - slop101
Old 11-26-18, 01:41 PM   #287
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Don't freak out. The final Boss is surprisingly easy. Then you can still go do all those side missions.

And don't worry about getting all the suits and suit powers first as they will not help you.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 11-26-18, 02:26 PM   #288
redbill
DVD Talk Special Edition

right, don't stress about what Suit to wear or stocking up on gadgets. the last mission is just cut scenes and the 1 boss.
Old 11-27-18, 11:10 AM   #289
Groucho

I thought "Turf Wars" was a step down from "The Heist". This is partially because I'm not a fan of Hammerhead (he's basically a low-rent Dick Tracy villain), but the missions were not very interesting and I had a problem with one of the story elements:

Spoiler:
Yuri's "turn" happens much too quickly. Compare to Octavius's slow descent in the main game for how to pace this sort of thing. That said I hope we see Wraith in the third segment and not just a souped-up Hammerhead.
Old 12-01-18, 11:06 AM   #290
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

I agree about Turf Wars. Played through it last night and wasn't too thrilled about it, especially the
Spoiler:
to be continued
ending. Hopefully the final piece of DLC will wrap up the game nicely.
Old 12-01-18, 05:50 PM   #291
Goldberg74
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbill View Post
right, don't stress about what Suit to wear or stocking up on gadgets. the last mission is just cut scenes and the 1 boss.
Bit the bullet and finished the main story today. You’re right about not being picky about your suit selection (I see your point)... but I did complete all of the side missions, and a fair amount of bases to get some upgrades (again, not really needed)... and get to Level 50.

Nice wrap up to the main story and the post credit scenes nod to the story line of the sequel (which should come out soon, right?).

I think I’ll play around in the city for a bit before starting a New+ game.

Very good game.
Old 12-02-18, 11:31 AM   #292
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

I wish there was an easy way to track down your missing photos. I'm down to my last eight and have no idea where to look now. I've just been randomly getting them while cleaning up side stuff.
Old 12-02-18, 11:45 AM   #293
Groucho

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
I wish there was an easy way to track down your missing photos. I'm down to my last eight and have no idea where to look now. I've just been randomly getting them while cleaning up side stuff.
Best way is just to use a guide and go sector by sector.
Old 12-02-18, 07:11 PM   #294
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah but that also means going by a lot of places that I already have been to. It's cool, I'll see where I'm at by the end of the next DLC. I ended up finding a few more today, so I'm down to the final four. I also have one more suit to unlock. I do have 100% on the game and both DLCs, so at least I'm finally caught up. I can't remember the last game when I was so determined to do practically everything there was to do.
Old 12-02-18, 08:43 PM   #295
Goldberg74
DVD Talk Legend

They could’ve done a simple photo book or catalogued them in a “Peter Parker Instagram” like blog/account... could easily be remedied.
Old 12-03-18, 08:55 AM   #296
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Or even add them to your map as you do them. So if you do end up using a guide, you know which ones you already knocked out.
Old 12-09-18, 08:40 AM   #297
Goldberg74
DVD Talk Legend

Bought “The City That Never Sleeps” DLC yesterday and started playing The Heist.

Having a heck of a time keeping the goons from escaping with the art work, but I’ll get there.