Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-19-17, 01:45 PM   #176
The Questyen
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Oct 27,2017)- Official Thread

I got everything on Wooded Kingdom other than the music note one on the wall. I spent about 30 minutes attempting it and didn't even get close to getting all the notes. I'll save this one for the end.

I thought I would have more trouble with these races but even on the master cup there is usually a "cheat" where you skip most of the race. The Wooded Kingdom one you need to be good at that dive towards your hat jump and you get first place pretty easily.
Old 11-20-17, 08:45 AM   #177
Goldberg74
DVD Talk Legend

Finished the game last night... now Iíll focus on completing it.

Iím just gonna give a shout out to the Peach Wedding amiibo - I couldnít have done it without her!
Old 11-20-17, 11:04 AM   #178
spainlinx0
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopper View Post
So there's more to them than just getting more moons? Like new areas within the worlds?
Well, it's all about getting moons, but the variety of ways to get them is there. Also, after end game, the worlds are slightly different, and new stuff opens up. End game is where it's at here. It's still a great game if all you care about is beating Bowser, but I find getting the moons to be (mostly) very fun.
Old 11-26-17, 07:55 PM   #179
Guru Askew
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
Finished the game last night... now Iíll focus on completing it.

Iím just gonna give a shout out to the Peach Wedding amiibo - I couldnít have done it without her!
I just completed it. I thought the Long Journeyís End level was the absolute last thing but it unlocks a more-challenging Bowser boss battle in the chapel on the moon. Itís easy enough if you go in with 6 hearts, I did it on my first try. I ended up with 880 stars but then I found out that you get a top hat on Peachís castle that can be used to trigger a fireworks display if you get 999 moons so I just grinded out the ~2000 coins I needed to hit that number on top of the 9949 I had after buying the extra hearts for Bowser.

Overall this is an A+++ game.
Old 11-26-17, 08:43 PM   #180
The Questyen
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just hit over 840 and now completed everything on the levels but Dark Side and Darker side.
Old 11-26-17, 09:55 PM   #181
Guru Askew
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was intimidated by the Dark Side boss rush and put it off until I finished everything else but itís surprisingly easy. I beat the 4 Brootal bosses without even taking a hit on my nephewís game and after watching me he tried it and was able to beat them on his own.

Thereís a 6-heart powerup right before them on one of the vegetable stalks right before you enter. You have to throw your hat on it until it pops out. Thereís also a hidden moon after the 4 Brootal fights but before the mecha suit boss battle, even after you get it the first time you can still use it to refill your health. The mech is extremely easy.
Old 12-13-17, 06:58 PM   #182
Mike86
DVD Talk Legend

The moons in the Wooded Kingdom where you have to herd the sheep in the sky ugh. The sheep are all suicidal apparently and donít ever stay on track and constantly fall off or run off the edges and you have to very carefully get them to the area where the robots want them to be. I got close once but then I wound up falling by accident.