Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Metro Exodus: XB1 / PS4

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-19, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
re: Metro Exodus: XB1 / PS4

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I preordered the limited edition with Target since their B2G1 is going on this week. Came out to $64 and change.
My copy from Target shipped today (and even cheaper than I thought at $59.41). But I'm going to hold off until reviews start hitting since there are a couple more games over the next few months that I want to play.
Old 02-13-19, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Reviews are starting to come in and it sounds fantastic. Over 80% on metacritic. 20 to 30 hour campaign. Yessssss, sounds like they nailed a semi open world campaign for the Metro series. I've always loved the atmosphere of this series so this is awesome news to me. Now I just need to carve out some time.
Old 02-13-19, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Anybody know if I need to have played the first two in order to jump into this one?
Old 02-13-19, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

I enjoyed the first two but I don’t have time for a new game now. I’ll pick it up when it’s on sale.
Old 02-13-19, 08:22 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

This will be next after RE2 for sure. Looks great. Nice reviews. Haven’t played first 2 but they say this is standalone so I’ll have time to go back later. The atmosphere, semi-open world, FPS is what I’m due for. Got the gold edition. Hope that means dlc and some cool weapons...
Old 02-15-19, 08:53 PM

Anyone have a chance to jump into this yet? How’s ammo situation?
Old 02-16-19, 09:03 PM

Great title sequence. Very cinematic. The opening thus far very good and feels very much like a Metro game from what little I played of 2033. Still no ammo anywhere and that gets frustrating and even though I upped the volume to max, still have to read subtitles sometimes to know what saying. But, fluid movement, new and old threats and good mechanics, but that lack of ammo it’s known for is not beneficial to my play style...
Old 02-24-19, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

I decided to pick up the special edition of the game. Great game so far. But after I got to the first open area, my game froze three times in a ten minute span. Further research shows this is a huge issue. I should have read more reviews before I purchased it. I heard the auto save sometimes saves while you’re getting killed. At least there’s a quicksave. But of course it’s not usable in combat and other certain situations. So if you’re thinking about picking up the game, just wait until they fix some of the bugs. I’ll have to shelve this one until they do. Which sucks because I was really enjoying it.
Old 02-24-19, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I decided to pick up the special edition of the game. Great game so far. But after I got to the first open area, my game froze three times in a ten minute span. Further research shows this is a huge issue. I should have read more reviews before I purchased it. I heard the auto save sometimes saves while you’re getting killed. At least there’s a quicksave. But of course it’s not usable in combat and other certain situations. So if you’re thinking about picking up the game, just wait until they fix some of the bugs. I’ll have to shelve this one until they do. Which sucks because I was really enjoying it.
I started this on Friday and it seems like it'll be pretty good. I only played 30 min or so before the game froze on me. I was already lukewarm about playing something as grim as this, was more in the mood for something a little lighter, so I switched over to Far Cry 5. I'll revisit Metro soon, and hopefully they've got things ironed out by then.
Old 02-24-19, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by lopper
I started this on Friday and it seems like it'll be pretty good. I only played 30 min or so before the game froze on me. I was already lukewarm about playing something as grim as this, was more in the mood for something a little lighter, so I switched over to Far Cry 5. I'll revisit Metro soon, and hopefully they've got things ironed out by then.
yeah, FC5 is definitely light and breezy in story and execution
Old 02-24-19, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy
yeah, FC5 is definitely light and breezy in story and execution
It's also kind of boring. It's more Far Cry, which is basically what everyone was saying, and it makes me realize I've played a hell of a lot of Far Cry games over the last several years. I just can't seem to settle on a game right now. I was counting on Anthem to carry me until The Division 2, but that's not going to happen. Might circle back to this one next weekend, patch or no patch.
Old 02-24-19, 12:30 PM

It's also kind of boring. It's more Far Cry, which is basically what everyone was saying, and it makes me realize I've played a hell of a lot of Far Cry games over the last several years. I just can't seem to settle on a game right now. I was counting on Anthem to carry me until The Division 2, but that's not going to happen. Might circle back to this one next weekend, patch or no patch.
i'm telling you, don't count out Anthem. it is surprising the hell out of me...
Old 02-24-19, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i'm telling you, don't count out Anthem. it is surprising the hell out of me...
I've already put 20+ hours into Anthem. I'm very comfortable counting it out for the time being.
Old 02-24-19, 01:05 PM

I've already put 20+ hours into Anthem. I'm very comfortable counting it out for the time being.
really? does it go downhill after prologue?
Old 02-24-19, 01:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Is the subject header correct? This is only playable on PS4 if you have the Pro?
Old 02-24-19, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

really? does it go downhill after prologue?
It's shallow and repetitive and filled with the results of some very poor design choices.

Originally Posted by Groucho
Is the subject header correct? This is only playable on PS4 if you have the Pro?
I can't imagine that's the case. I've never heard of them segmenting games like that.
Old 02-25-19, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thread is titled the same way for Xbox, even though it can be played on the og Xbone, so I think it was just a weird way to title the thread.

Anyway, I've made it to the second "open world" segment, and it is quite a departure from the previous Metro games in terms of setting and environment.

The only glitches I've run into so far have been graphical in nature, such as random squamates not putting on their gas-masks in toxic zones, or corpses twitching uncontrollably on the floor -- thankfully I haven't run into the game freezing or locking up on me yet.
Old 02-26-19, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

It's shallow and repetitive and filled with the results of some very poor design choices.

I can't imagine that's the case. I've never heard of them segmenting games like that.
Just FWIW on Anthem...Bioware did lay out a 90 Day Roadmap for additional content and other stuff yesterday. I'm still amazed not even a week into the game some are ripping the game as if it's been out a month.

Back to Metro...I have a friend who got this and also played the first two and said this is far better and highly recommended it..but playing the first two would help understand it more which I think are at a good price. But like Nick, I don't have time since I have Anthem and already in with The Division 2...plus I am in with Path of Exile which hits sometime next month..... since being a Diablo III fan, been looking forward to playing this on PS4 after playing it on PC...
Old 02-26-19, 11:18 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Metro Exodus: XB1 / PS4

I renamed the thread title to reflect forum norms and reduce confusion.
Old 02-26-19, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Just FWIW on Anthem...Bioware did lay out a 90 Day Roadmap for additional content and other stuff yesterday. I'm still amazed not even a week into the game some are ripping the game as if it's been out a month.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a game that's been in development for seven years to be released more polished and feature-rich than Anthem. What we have is basically a four player online game lacking features, such as setting custom waypoints on a map, that have been in other games for over a decade.

And I read the 90 day roadmap. It's fine, but probably a day late and a dollar short for a lot of players. I'm sure I'll jump back in periodically to check things out.

PS - Sorry to further derail this thread.
Old 02-27-19, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I looked around for an answer on this but didn't see much of anything and honestly I know nothing about the history and story of the Metro Games. But do they all tie in with each other story wise...like someone went and got Exodus, is there stuff in it that wouldn't make sense unless you played the other two?

I've seen the impressive trailers and glowing reviews but I see some references to Metro 2033, Metro 2035, Metro Last Night....

Update...In the PS Store, they have the other Metro Games on sale, Metro Redux, Metro 2035 Redux and Metro Last Night ($8.00 and $12.00).....if I wanted to experience what a Metro Game is about and if later wanted to get Exodus, which one of those is best to grab?

Last edited by K&AJones; 02-27-19 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-27-19, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beat it today, got what I assume to be the good ending. There was definitely some frustrating parts, especially towards the end as the difficulty ramped up, but overall I had a really good experience with it. The final level was probably one of the most intense and nerve-wracking, survive by the skin of your teeth moments in the entire franchise.

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I looked around for an answer on this but didn't see much of anything and honestly I know nothing about the history and story of the Metro Games. But do they all tie in with each other story wise...like someone went and got Exodus, is there stuff in it that wouldn't make sense unless you played the other two?

I've seen the impressive trailers and glowing reviews but I see some references to Metro 2033, Metro 2035, Metro Last Night....

Update...In the PS Store, they have the other Metro Games on sale, Metro Redux, Metro 2035 Redux and Metro Last Night ($8.00 and $12.00).....if I wanted to experience what a Metro Game is about and if later wanted to get Exodus, which one of those is best to grab?
Each game follows the same protagonist and is part of a continuing story. For the most part, you could probably play Exodus on its own and get the overall gist, but there are definitely some story beats and a number of character interactions that callback to the previous games.

There's only two other Metro games, Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light. Metro Redux is a bundle that includes "remastered" versions of both games, and is a real steal at $11.99 IMO.
Old 02-27-19, 08:09 PM

Or free with Exodus deluxe...
Old 02-28-19, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Or free with Exodus deluxe...
A) That's Xbox One only
B) It's on the regular edition as well, not only the premium version
C) It's only 2033, not Last Light
Old 02-28-19, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched some trailers and reviews yesterday and you know with some of these the video is not exactly telling...but they did say the remastered looked better on the PC while the console versions were slightly better. I know these were big with the previous consoles but what I saw still looked like a game made mid part of the 360/PS3....on a side note Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is down to $20.00 from $60.00....played the first and loved it. But Exodus looks night & day above the remakes but still at $12.00...might be hard to pass.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.