Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Crackdown 3 - Feb. 2019 (until the next delay, anyway)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Crackdown 3 - Feb. 2019 (until the next delay, anyway)

Old 02-18-19, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts
Re: Crackdown 3 - Feb. 2019 (until the next delay, anyway)

I played for about 10 mins. Horrible. Luckily it was on a $1 Gamepass.

What a difference 4 years makes

Old 02-19-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

After playing this a few hours, I will say it bets better. I mean, it's absurd how long this game took to get out, based on the way it looks and plays. The missions are fun, they have good variety, the voice acting is well done. Basically if you want mindless shooting fun, this isn't a horrible game to pick up and play.
Old 02-21-19, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

Just finished the story. I had fun. I enjoyed both crackdowns, so this was more of the same, but nothing groundbreaking. If you liked the others, play it.
Old 02-25-19, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts

Yeah, I'd pretty much agree with that. I'm not done, but I've played maybe 8-10 hours, beaten 2 lower bosses and weakened most of them a lot.
- I do see a difference in weapons. Some are similar and definitely some are more powerful but they do have different advantages and disadvantages.
- Platforming is annoying.
- Luckily there's a checkpoint.
- It's definitely not graphically very competitive. Serviceable.
- I loved Crackdown, kinda liked Crackdown 2 - this is sort of in the middle. Very much more of the same. Which is not necessarily a bad thing - jumping around the city is always fun.
- But it's missing personality, and something to really differentiate it. OK, the bad guys and their voiceovers, and the Chief and Echo add a little. But I recently finished Agents of Mayhem which was personality overload. Compare Roxy to Aisha - no contest.
- I would be disappointed if I paid 60. I might have paid 40. 20 or 30, no prob. But even better is Gamepass (which, by the way, it sounded like they were surprised sales weren't great, but a lot of people played over GP. That's what GP is for.)
- Overall, fun, but nothing groundbreaking or "I gotta get home and play!" It's more like a Candy Crush type thing.
It'll be interesting seeing how the industry and releases evolve if Gamepass continues.
Old 05-30-19, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 211 Likes on 184 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rVjE_kBvSrE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It’s been an exciting few months since we first saw Agents band together to take on the cruel and corrupt TerraNova Corporation in Crackdown 3 with Xbox Game Pass and on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, and today we’re excited to release, for free, the Crackdown 3 Extra Edition with boomtastic updates to Campaign and Wrecking Zone!

First up: Keys to the City, a deep menu of Campaign tools and cheats that gives you control of the world and access to a wide variety of overpowered abilities. Throw down with Elemental Fists, become invincible with God Mode or hit the jets with Super Speed! But why stop there? On your quest to reclaim New Providence, invite a co-op friend and create your own Faction Retaliations, or Lockdown the city and fight your way out with unlimited ammo and gadgets. Get creative by spawning enemies, vehicles, explosive barrels and other props wherever you’d like. When you have Keys to the City, the possibilities are endless!

But that’s not all… It wouldn’t be extra unless we talked about Wrecking Zone, Crackdown 3’s fully-destructible multiplayer battle arena. Today’s update brings a new vanity progression system to Wrecking Zone, with 100 tiers of items to customize your Agent! Earn Agency Points during matches to unlock holographic ‘LENS’ adornments, helmets, weapon skins—and more! We’ve also given the overall experience a fresh coat of paint, adding Agent customization screens, six different types of ‘Overdrive’ Skill boosts, and a host of other user interface updates. There’s never been a better time to jump into the cloud-powered destruction of Wrecking Zone!

On behalf of the whole Crackdown 3 team, thank you for playing, and we hope you enjoy this free Extra Edition update. You can read the complete list of update features here. Crackdown 3 is available now with Xbox Game Pass on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. For the latest news stay tuned to Xbox Wire.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/...45q1SfJp6LP.99
Old 09-30-19, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Was this really a 60 dollar game at some point? Because it's down to 11.99 digitally.
Old 10-01-19, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 546 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Was this really a 60 dollar game at some point? Because it's down to 11.99 digitally.
Well I mean the game is free with gamepass. I would expect far more first party xbox one games to drop quicker because of it.
Old 10-01-19, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I've been playing Crackdown 3 on GamePass, and I have enjoyed it quite a bit. Reminds me of the first one, although I hate the driving in this one, and I actively avoid it.