Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Crackdown 3 - Feb. 2019 (until the next delay, anyway)

Old 02-18-19, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Crackdown 3 - Feb. 2019 (until the next delay, anyway)

I played for about 10 mins. Horrible. Luckily it was on a $1 Gamepass.

What a difference 4 years makes

Old 02-19-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk God

After playing this a few hours, I will say it bets better. I mean, it's absurd how long this game took to get out, based on the way it looks and plays. The missions are fun, they have good variety, the voice acting is well done. Basically if you want mindless shooting fun, this isn't a horrible game to pick up and play.
Old 02-21-19, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Just finished the story. I had fun. I enjoyed both crackdowns, so this was more of the same, but nothing groundbreaking. If you liked the others, play it.
Old 02-25-19, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I'd pretty much agree with that. I'm not done, but I've played maybe 8-10 hours, beaten 2 lower bosses and weakened most of them a lot.
- I do see a difference in weapons. Some are similar and definitely some are more powerful but they do have different advantages and disadvantages.
- Platforming is annoying.
- Luckily there's a checkpoint.
- It's definitely not graphically very competitive. Serviceable.
- I loved Crackdown, kinda liked Crackdown 2 - this is sort of in the middle. Very much more of the same. Which is not necessarily a bad thing - jumping around the city is always fun.
- But it's missing personality, and something to really differentiate it. OK, the bad guys and their voiceovers, and the Chief and Echo add a little. But I recently finished Agents of Mayhem which was personality overload. Compare Roxy to Aisha - no contest.
- I would be disappointed if I paid 60. I might have paid 40. 20 or 30, no prob. But even better is Gamepass (which, by the way, it sounded like they were surprised sales weren't great, but a lot of people played over GP. That's what GP is for.)
- Overall, fun, but nothing groundbreaking or "I gotta get home and play!" It's more like a Candy Crush type thing.
It'll be interesting seeing how the industry and releases evolve if Gamepass continues.