Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 10/27/17

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-18, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 10/27/17

Out of curiosity, what upgrade did most people end up going with?
Old 02-12-18, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Has anyone been playing the DLCs? I think 2 of three are out already. Worth the time? They don't re-use the same locations from the main game, do they?
Old 02-12-18, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Spoiler:
Ram Shackles for me.
Old 02-12-18, 08:20 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

i got all 3. aren't you supposed to gain them all by the end? the stilt things were the best...
Old 02-19-18, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wrapped this up over the weekend. Wasn't as good as the first one, but it was better than Old Blood. I'm glad I rented it from the library, because I don't see myself playing it again. Also glad I went with the tougher difficulty. It was the perfect mix of challenging, but not too frustrating. Most of the times I died were rushing to get to the commander to stop reinforcements, so I just had to pick my battles a little better. I'm ready to see how they wrap this whole thing up with the next games. There certainly were some surprises in this one, it was a fun and wacky ride. One minor gripe, it would have been fun if your entire team were with you for the final battle. With all of the cut scenes building up a revolution and a war, it was really a one man army
Old 02-19-18, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Also glad I went with the tougher difficulty. It was the perfect mix of challenging, but not too frustrating. Most of the times I died were rushing to get to the commander to stop reinforcements, so I just had to pick my battles a little better.
Really? I thought the difficulty curve was one of the biggest drawbacks on the game. Even on the normal setting I thought it was too tough. Maybe that's just me though.
Old 02-19-18, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Really? I thought the difficulty curve was one of the biggest drawbacks on the game. Even on the normal setting I thought it was too tough. Maybe that's just me though.
it was pretty tough on normal...
Old 02-19-18, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I think it just depends on how you approach the game. After playing through the other two games in the series, I knew to approach this one more like Dishonored than Doom. As much as I don't think Wolfenstein should be played as a stealth game, that seems to be the game they built it most around. It doesn't necessarily make it less fun, just an odd decision given it's content. Which is also why I didn't dual wield even once. I just bounded between my gun with a silencer and the one with the scope. That served me through 85% of the fight sequences.

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i got all 3. aren't you supposed to gain them all by the end? the stilt things were the best...
I didn't even know that was possible. Were they just in forms of blueprints or something that you found during later levels?
Old 02-19-18, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Can I split the difference? I thought Normal difficulty was just about right, with some parts being more difficult then others I'm not a big fan of stealth though, since I have no patience. I'd try and be stealthy before ultimately giving up.

As for the upgrades, you can find the other two you don't get later in the game. I only got one of the additional ones though.
Old 02-19-18, 09:09 PM

I think it just depends on how you approach the game. After playing through the other two games in the series, I knew to approach this one more like Dishonored than Doom. As much as I don't think Wolfenstein should be played as a stealth game, that seems to be the game they built it most around. It doesn't necessarily make it less fun, just an odd decision given it's content. Which is also why I didn't dual wield even once. I just bounded between my gun with a silencer and the one with the scope. That served me through 85% of the fight sequences.

I didn't even know that was possible. Were they just in forms of blueprints or something that you found during later levels?
well, i was offered the stilt things. got those, but also found them somewhere else. then found ram shackles and the getting through small spaces thing some where else in later levels. they were the actual contraptions, not blueprints. you got to search, but they are there, somewhere...