Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-12-17, 12:57 AM   #126
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
So, I guess this was updated recently. Haven’t played since 11/8. When I went to continue game from where I last manually saved I’m at beginning of level. I see other saved games and when I load any of them Xbox says this is from an earlier version of game and you’ll have to restart level! What the shit is that?? I had a hard enough time getting g to subway as is...
anyone else come across this?
Old 11-12-17, 02:15 AM   #127
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Jesus. It happens with updates on a lot of different game, just play the goddamn game already.

Anyhoo, I played the DLC... kinda lame. They just reused 3 short environments from the regular game, to showcase the 3 different characters from the upcoming DLC. It's basically an ad. One character's a tank, the other stealth the other something in between. Hope the actual DLC has original levels/environments, or I'll be pissed.

Speaking of which, the main weakness of this game were the levels - they were so humdrum and boringly laid out - there was no thought put into how they flowed and played. The first game was so much better in this regard. Actually, the first game was better in EVERY regard. They dropped the ball pretty hard on this one.
Old 11-12-17, 01:24 PM   #128
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

i am playing it and loving it, just never lost progress on any game after an update is all. was curious as to why. no need to holler...
Old 11-13-17, 03:26 PM   #129
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

I'm finding the difficulty on this to be... something else. I'm using the "Bring 'em on!" level, which is what I used for The New Order, and although I found some bosses harder, I was able to do just fine throughout. But in this game, I'm having a tough time Every time I'm in an area with a bunch of enemies, I die about a dozen times or so before I get it right. Sometimes it feels like I die after only a couple hits. It's just... tougher than I expected. I might dumb it down a notch since I play these games for the story/fun, not for the difficulty.

Is it just me, being worse at games?
(probably...)
Old 11-13-17, 05:58 PM   #130
uteotw
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I'm finding the difficulty on this to be... something else. I'm using the "Bring 'em on!" level, which is what I used for The New Order, and although I found some bosses harder, I was able to do just fine throughout. But in this game, I'm having a tough time Every time I'm in an area with a bunch of enemies, I die about a dozen times or so before I get it right. Sometimes it feels like I die after only a couple hits. It's just... tougher than I expected. I might dumb it down a notch since I play these games for the story/fun, not for the difficulty.

(probably...)
I hear ya. I'm doing it on Do or Die, and it's very challenging. That said, I don't mind, because I don't want to blitz through it and I can save any time (which I do, often).

As for the levels, some are more linear but some I find pretty great, like the one where
Spoiler:
you're in the streets on that awesome dog robot creature and then in the sewers and then you come out in the compound.

Also yes, I did have to start back at the beginning of a level after the update, which I'd never experienced with any other game, but oh well.
Old 11-13-17, 10:29 PM   #131
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

(probably...)
yes, it is difficult. i die a lot before getting through. sometimes frustrating when almost there, but i learn and finally do, but yes, tough, but i don't think any tougher than TNO truthfully. could not be remembering correctly...
Old 11-16-17, 03:12 PM   #132
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Currently on sale for $30 on XBL for gold members. Crazy that it's on sale for 50% less than a month after release.
Old 11-16-17, 03:26 PM   #133
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero

Huh, I might have to jump in for that price.
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 11-16-17, 03:38 PM   #134
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Currently on sale for $30 on XBL for gold members. Crazy that it's on sale for 50% less than a month after release.
Dammit! Still sitting in my pile of shame.
Old 11-16-17, 06:03 PM   #135
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

And the deluxe edition is only $10 more
Old 11-16-17, 06:13 PM   #136
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

^ And remember, using Samsung Pay app (on a Galaxy 6 or later), you can get a $50 XBL GC for $40.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 11-16-17, 10:56 PM   #137
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Thats a fucking steal. I got this st $24 and change st Amazon using digital credits and I think small gc. This game is so much fun. Very linear, but very fun. If you liked TNO, this is similar, very similar. Different locations, sure, but all seems familiar. Still incredibly enjoyable...