Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-17, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

I'm about the same level over 40. Finished the main story a few levels back, and I think I'm finally starting to get a little burnt out. I think I have a couple more stone circles. Not sure how many Phylakes, but I've taken out 5 or 6 so far.
I've uncovered all the map and almost finished getting all the "?" and "!" completed.

Upgraded Firebombs are so powerful.

I'll probably try to finish everything up this weekend.
Old 11-27-17, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Was able to wrap it up last week. It's the best open world (not open world game but open world) ever. Even better than GTA V. Crazy. I'll happily return for DLC.
Old 11-27-17, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Took a break from this to finish up Horizon's new DLC, then went back to this.

Big mistake. Should've finished AC first.

Horizon is such a superior game; better story, better battles, better world, better graphics, better everything... that going back to AC felt like a real step back, but mostly due to how exciting Horizon and how dull AC is in comparison. Still fun and worth playing, just not as strong a game when played back to back.
Old 11-29-17, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I got to a point where I meet up with Aya and Cleopatra and get a choice to go on a boat to Alexandria with them or not. I said "yes" because who's going to leave their wife and queen behind? But what happens if you say no?
Old 11-29-17, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Then you just continue doing missions. That is basically the gateway to the ending sequence of missions for the game (which are very easy btw).
Old 12-13-17, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

So after getting disappointed with Shadow of Mordor i came back to this to clean up. It looks like i have completed everything on the map and every mission. I have not done the chariot racing as its horrible to control. The similarities between this game and Shadow of War are striking. So many things seem identical in design, and the controls for flying the dragon things is horrible, just like the chariot racing controls in AC:O. I have had a lot more fun with AC:O at this point, and that suprises me as i expected to love SoW, after loving the first game.

On a side note i have been doing the weekly special missions for AC and they are so easy at this point its not even close to being a challenge. I have kept leveling up, and even though i capped out a long time ago at 40, i must be closer to 70 at this stage. I will be interested to see the DLC in coming months for this.
Old 12-13-17, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
So after getting disappointed with Shadow of Mordor i came back to this to clean up. It looks like i have completed everything on the map and every mission. I have not done the chariot racing as its horrible to control. The similarities between this game and Shadow of War are striking. So many things seem identical in design, and the controls for flying the dragon things is horrible, just like the chariot racing controls in AC:O. I have had a lot more fun with AC:O at this point, and that suprises me as i expected to love SoW, after loving the first game.
Yeah, I'm going to have to pass on the chariot races too. Tried a few times and agree that the controls are awful.

Other than that, excellent all-around game so far.
Old 12-14-17, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Yeah, I'm going to have to pass on the chariot races too. Tried a few times and agree that the controls are awful.

Other than that, excellent all-around game so far.
Same here. I did the chariot races that were mission-necessary and haven't been back to the arena since.

At this point, I think the only things I have left are a few of the gladiator missions in the second arena.

I wasn't a big fan of the Aya missions at the end. She was so under-powered as compared to Bayak that I had trouble crossing the courtyard until I took a full stealth approach. Although I did lure several guards up into the balcony area where you start one or two at a time and used poison corpses to knock them off.

The story could have been stronger but the game play turned out better than I expected. I'm looking forward to the next one!
Old 12-14-17, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ytrez
Same here. I did the chariot races that were mission-necessary and haven't been back to the arena since.

At this point, I think the only things I have left are a few of the gladiator missions in the second arena.

I wasn't a big fan of the Aya missions at the end. She was so under-powered as compared to Bayak that I had trouble crossing the courtyard until I took a full stealth approach. Although I did lure several guards up into the balcony area where you start one or two at a time and used poison corpses to knock them off.

The story could have been stronger but the game play turned out better than I expected. I'm looking forward to the next one!
I felt the same with the Aya mission at the end. Getting across that courtyard, stealth is the best option. Trying to take on too many guys at once is a recipe for disaster. I really enjoyed the game a lot, i felt the fact they added boats in felt pretty wasted (especially after the great sea warfare of Black Flag), but as its by the same team i am sure they felt it necessary to add it in.

Maybe for the next game they can do something based around the Napoleonic Wars. That could have a similarity to Black Flag and yet move to a brand new setting.
Old 12-14-17, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There's still a ton of unexplored areas in the map, but I hope they add new areas for the DLC; they usually do, but not always.
Old 12-28-17, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone here have a code for the gear on PS4 from Twitch Prime that they aren't going to use?
Old 12-28-17, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone here have a code for the gear on PS4 from Twitch Prime that they aren't going to use?
Sorry, I want those (for the Xbox One version), but thank you for the heads-up. Goods are claimable until 12/31/17. I always forget about those monthly Twitch promo offers.

FWIW : Here's the loot given :

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED ON XONE:

Drachmas - Small pack of in game currency
Aguilar's Outfit
Partner Horse
Quagga weapon
Immortal weapon
Adamant Reed weapon

BTW : It's not one anyone could give away anyways. It's one where you link your Twitch Prime account to your Uplay account and then select the system you want the reward to show up on. There is not code involved.

Last edited by Decker; 12-28-17 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-31-17, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What was the deal with the random Final Fantasy cross-over?

Not that I'm complaining, the sword and shield you get are great, and who hasn't wanted to ride a Chocobo across the Egyptian desert?
Old 01-01-18, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Upcoming DLC sounds good...

DLC 1: The Hidden Ones
This expansion takes place years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins in a new region occupied by a Roman force. Bayek and the new Assassins will clash with the Romans as the Brotherhood continues to grow. [Available January 2018]

DLC 2: The Curse of the Pharaohs
The second expansion focuses on Egyptian mythology, pitting players against undead pharaohs and famed Egyptian monsters. Bayek will need to explore a mystical new realm and discover the root of the curse that has brought these creatures to life. [Available March 2018]
I like that they've added new areas even though the existing world is already so huge.
Old 01-01-18, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just started this on XB1X today. Target was cool enough to let me swap my Gold Edition. So far I really like it. I wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow so I could put some more time into it, but this is going to be my main game for the month.
Old 01-02-18, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Historians chime in with the historical accuracy of Origins... "fairly accurate"
Old 01-02-18, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally starting this now. It feels like a cross between Witcher 3 and Far Cry. Unlike Witcher 3 though, I think the combat wasn't as fun and the side missions aren't as good. Still though this is easily my favorite AC since 4 and its nice to have a game that doesn't feel like it was just put out to be put out.

I do wish they would completely remove the modern day parts though. I stopped giving a shit about that after AC3.
Old 01-17-18, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Fairly big update for the game downloaded yesterday, I'm assuming it was the first DLC. Hopefully it unlocks Friday.
Old 01-17-18, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The first expansion, titled “The Hidden Ones”, releases on January 23rd. It tells a story about the Brotherhood’s continuing struggle against Egypt’s Roman invaders set four years after the finish of Origins. The expansion adds the Sinai to the world map, increases the level cap to 45, and includes new mounts, weapons, levels for crafted gear, and a new outfit for Bayek. “The Hidden Ones” is free for season pass holders and $10 for everyone else.

There are several features in patch 1.2.0 that are live now. The map includes an Atlas mode that adds the Sinai and the Valley of the Kings to the map of Egypt. March’s expansion will be set in the Valley of the Kings. There is also a new quest called “Incoming Threat” that prepares the way for “The Hidden Ones”.

Patch 1.2.0 also adds several new gear options. Outfits can now be sold back to weavers. Items in inventory can be “hidden” which means visible but grayed out. Also, items that previously were available for purchase in the Nightmare, First Civilization, Gladiator, Wacky, and Almighty packs, can now be found in the Heka chests.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmu.../#50a5b68780c9

I'm only a few hours into the game, but I like it a lot. If finally feels like a fresh take on the AC series. Got the Gold Edition too, so looking forward to the DLC. The DLC content was the best part of Syndicate, so I'm hoping this is no different.
Old 01-17-18, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So a week from Friday. I'll be busy that whole weekend, so I won't be able to get to it right away.
But it's cool that they added the new areas and are "live" now, which I'm gonna explore the fuck out of this weekend!
Too bad I capped at level 40 long before I finished the main game, as I think I would've gotten to 45 had the new cap been implemented before I finished it.
Old 01-18-18, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looking forward to getting back into this, i loved playing through it. I wish i had not played as much as i am waaaayyyyy beyond the level 40 cap. I will play the DLC and as soon as i hit 45 i will stop and move on to other things until more DLC. Gonna be great to see new areas.

Update: I played the game last night and saw a few small side quests that had been added. The cross over with Final Fantasy was short, but sweet. Got a very nice new sword and shield out of it. Looking forward to trying to get the update for the DLC going today.

Last edited by james2025a; 01-23-18 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-29-18, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Hidden Ones DLC dropped this weekend - anyone get a chance to try it out?

I've heard that since it takes place a few years after the main game, if you go visit certain characters, they'll fill you in on what they've been up to in the meantime.
Old 01-30-18, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I grabbed the DLC yesterday and already 100% completed it (took ne about 10 hours). Its pretty good. Dont expect an amazing continuation of the story or anything totally different, its just like an extra smallish area. Its helped me level up now to 45 and nice to see some gear can be upgraded again. Is it worth $10? Well it. Costs more than that to see a movie at the cinema for two hours.. I really enjoyed this game, so any chance to re-enter it is welcomed.
Old 02-19-18, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

I don't think it's the greatest game or anything, but the gameplay loop has kinda got me addicted again. I played for several hours yesterday. Just advancing the story. I am still enjoying it. Side quests in this game are pretty dumb and same-y though. I just enjoy clearing out forts more than doing side missions.

Also while I keep getting new weapons, I seem just fine with the Ubi Club ones I picked up. Arrows and daggers that cause targets to continue to bleed health are all I need. I've got dozens of unused weapons just cluttering up my inventory
Old 02-23-18, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well i keep going back to this game from time to time simply because i have gotten to love the fight mechanics and taking out large camps. Controlling the arrow is so much fun, and essential for some of the harder battles.

Hoping the next DLC comes out soon. I am not playing much so as i don't level up...without leveling up. Managed to also get every skill and then add a few boosters to each branch.

Its funny but i started playing Shadow of War again this week. Last year i would never have believed that out of these two games AC would be the better game. Don't get me wrong, i have loved some of the games in the series, but Shadow of Mordor gave something new. Anyway, i was amazed to see that even thought i got AC well before Shadow of War i have clocked in more hours of gameplay in SoW than AC. And still only about 80% complete. I will complete SoW just to be able to cross it off the list, but doubt i will be returning to it.

Looking forward now to the remastered AC game due out this year.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.