Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-17, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

[QUOTE=starseed1981;13202853]This and ancient Japan (which I know they are against) are my two dream locals for the series.[/QUOTE

Ancient Japan would be as mesmerizing as Ancient Egypt. But if that's a setting everyone would like to see, Sucker Punch Studios already is there with their new game Ghost of Tsushima. The trailer is in game, no CGI....
Old 11-12-17, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

As far as the sequence of games go, this one should be the first as it seemingly sets the order of the Assassins.
Old 11-12-17, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

As good as this game is, something about it is leaving me kinda cold... like I'm disconnected from it, as if I'm watching someone play it rather than playing it myself. Not sure why. I'm roughly 4 to 5 hours in.
Old 11-12-17, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well i am currently level 32 and trying to mix side quests and main questline. Loving the game and the open world. I was playing today when i noticed that my health was only one bar. Looked at my gear and noticed i was using a cursed weapon. Made a change real quick. I also tried the weekly quest to get the Anubus armor (when i was around level 20 and made it abour half way through). Will try it again before it ends.

Oh, and i HATE the chariot racing. Controls feel all over the place.
Old 11-12-17, 10:07 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
As good as this game is, something about it is leaving me kinda cold... like I'm disconnected from it, as if I'm watching someone play it rather than playing it myself. Not sure why. I'm roughly 4 to 5 hours in.
I understand what you are talking about...it is the way the game starts that puts you off. I will say once you get into the main story and historical characters start to show up it really starts to pick up to the point that the story actually hits hard.

There are also some side quest that are very well done, but unfortunately you don't know if the one you are doing is just another fetch quest or an actual good one.

And finally, the overwhelming amount of side things to do really hurt the game if you focus too much on them.

I got my platinum on this today, and it is easily the second best game of the year....and maybe best. I wish they had not put SO many ? marks on the map...
Old 11-13-17, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
This and ancient Japan (which I know they are against) are my two dream locals for the series.
Why are the developers against setting a game in feudal Japan? You'd think the ninja thing would make it perfect for an AC game set in that era.

Are the more expensive mounts worth getting? I find the normal ones to be plenty fast enough.
Old 11-13-17, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
Why are the developers against setting a game in feudal Japan? You'd think the ninja thing would make it perfect for an AC game set in that era.
No clue. But people have been clamoring for that since AC 2 and they've repeatedly said that they aren't interested. You'd think that with having to fend off a hostile takeover for the past few years that they'd be interested in as much revenue as possible.
Old 11-13-17, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm about 2/3rds through and the side quests are getting a little old. What level do you need to be at to finish this thing?
Old 11-13-17, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
I can see this. The main character and his plight is fairly one dimensional.
Old 11-13-17, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Level 34 and I'm about 50 hours in. I've gotten pretty addicted to completing everything that shows up on the map, and the game looks absolutely gorgeous which helps travelling when there are long stretches of no activity. Pretty much sticking to the Mace and Predator bow, but sleep and poison darts are fun to use too. Only thing I don't care for is the chariot races which I suck at.
Old 11-14-17, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1

Are the more expensive mounts worth getting? I find the normal ones to be plenty fast enough.
All that's different is the skin. That's it between the mounts. Same with armor/outfits.
Old 11-16-17, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I tried doing the Anubis task again before it ended, but even at level 36 i couldnt get far. As soon as the zombie guys raise up they are a level way above my character and fighting them was impossible, even with kick ass weapons. It does recommend only to play those tasks at level 40 or above, so i will get back to the next one at that stage.

I have been using a poisoned sword that does great damage and also stuns them and saps energy due to the poison. Its kicks ass. I rotate my other main weapon with whatever at the time has the highest damage. As for bows, well i have a Predator bow always in play and i flip between a rapid bow and i just got a bow that automatically fires flame arrows. Depending on the mission/target i flip the weapons around.

I have been spending time trying to get all the collectibles to boost up armor/melee/carry pouches etc. I am close to maxing out most. I have been buying horses, outfits and weapons from sellers....but only the cheaper stuff at this point. Once i complete the main storyline i will then move on to getting the expensive ones.

I am still loving the game, and sure there is a hell of a lot of the map i still have to see.
Old 11-17-17, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

With several of you out there not up a bit higher (level 30 and above), how are ya'll liking the game now compared to when you first started out and after you reached around Level 14-18? I still have this along with Horizon: Zero Dawn on my BF List but just wanted to see how the game feels and does at you get higher. Thanks
Old 11-17-17, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have found this experience very similar to Horizon: Zero Dawn....i loved it from start to finish. If i had to choose between the two i would go with Horizon as it had a great story, the world felt fresh and it was a hell of a lot of fun. It truly created a new superstar in the gaming arena. And also nice to see a game that not only lived up to the hype, but exceeded it.

Having said that, i am truly enjoying the hell out of AC: Origins still. Of course the side quests after a while seem cookie cutter, but thats pretty much the same with most games of this genre. Very few games have hundreds of massively varied side quests (only really the Elder Scrolls games that succeed and they make the storylines for each quest intriguing rather than the task itself. Lets face it, every AC game has you basically killing and collecting).

AC:Origins still provides a challenge even at the higher levels. Each section of the map has enemies that are of a set level, so in one section you may fight against enemies that are level 1-5, but in another section the enemies may be level 30-35. It shows you on the map what level enemies are. So it means you will have an almost impossible task trying to complete quests in certain parts of the map unless you have reached a certain level.

The game world is great to just explore and seeing things like getting revenge for other online players have been killed is great. The Bounty Hunters act very similar to the Legendary Ships from AC: Black Flag. I have killed a couple so far, but you really want to make sure you are prepared to take them on as they can be a challenge.

I have also had zero bugs or glitches with the game which is nice to see. Oh and one final thing, i managed to get the armor reward for finding all the Stones in the game and the design is very similar to the one Alloy gets in Horizon. Looks badass.
Old 11-17-17, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Almost maxed out my gear and finally got a legendary Shield. I still have about 1/3 of the map left to uncover. Finished up The Crocodile storyline and that was really good.

What are the little icons in the upper right of the screen? One looks like the Assassin symbol and the other looks like a hammer in a circle.
Old 11-18-17, 02:30 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little frustrated. I’m at level 16 and died about 7 times during the quest The Scarab’s lies (not sure how so few hits kills me). Anyone I aborted the mission and all that’s showing besides high ranking quests are:

Taste of her sting and Bayeks Promise. When I “track” these, nothing pops up to follow.

Thoughts ?
Old 11-18-17, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

There are tons of side quests in this game, you should be able to find some exclamation points for quests below your level somewhere. Also make sure you are crafting up your breastplate so you have more hp.
Old 11-18-17, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't remember having trouble with the Scarab quest. Maybe your level is too low? Also sniping from far away and running from trouble was helpful sometimes, but I was always at least a level or two above the quest too.

I think the Taste of Her Sting is a multipart quest with different locations. I remember doing part of it and leaving the rest until later. I think I had to uncover more of the map.

I believe Bayek's Promise is the same.
Old 11-18-17, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I was going to wait on this but the Gold Edition is on sale for $69.99 on XBL and Xbox credit is 20% off via Samsung Pay. For $56 total, I figured it was worth getting the Gold Edition digitally. Heard it's a good one to push my XBX to its limit.
Hope the DLC is good and gives me a few weapons to make my life a little easier.
Old 11-18-17, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nth Power
What are the little icons in the upper right of the screen? One looks like the Assassin symbol and the other looks like a hammer in a circle.
The hammer/circle icon means you have enough parts to upgrade one of your items. Not sure what the Assassin symbol means. Maybe you have enough points to upgrade your abilities?

Thank you adrenaline78!
Old 11-18-17, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Yes, the assassin symbol means you have at least 1 ability point available.
Old 11-19-17, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ah ok thanks. That makes sense.

Took out a war elephant. Not sure if I'll take on anymore. They have a ton of hit points and not sure if I'll play enough to pump up my damage output to speed up the battle. The attacks weren't too hard to avoid, but just takes a long time.
Old 11-20-17, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

Broke down and bought this with the XB Gold sale. I won't get too much time with it until I finish BII but the beginning is good so far. Classic AC; graphics are beautiful and I haven't even reached a main city yet.
Old 11-20-17, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I've been exploring randomly (trying to get my level up, because after finishing a mission at around level 15, the next one is suddenly at level 20, with nothing on my list in between), and while all the locations are beautiful and expansive, a lot of it really really just dead space, with not much going on. Alexandria is pretty robust and dense, but that's an exception. There's a few other "cities" spread around but it's mostly just desolate deserts or mountains. That's not complaint, that stuff is still cool, I just wish I had a car instead of a horse. At least I've been opening up a ton of warp points.
Old 11-23-17, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well i have hit level 40 and about 5 levels above that now (it caps out at 40). Just got one more thing to get to max out all the abilities. I still need to get around 7 skills on the tree.. Harder to get skill points at this stage. I have been doing a lot of collecting and clearing bases. I am. Very close to finishing the actual game, but been putting it off. Oh and i cleared all thr bounty hunters, so got a nice new armor to go with the one from locating all the stones and aligning the stars. Game is still addictive as hell. Gonna give it another week before i slow down and hit Shadow of Mordor.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.