Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

What game is that?

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 02-23-18, 07:29 PM   #152
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

AC Rouge, it's already been announced for this year.

And just a heads up, if you can find the Gold Edition at Target, the SKUs have been merged and it's on sale for $40 this week.
Old 03-08-18, 05:04 PM   #153
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

The 2nd DLC, "Curse of the Pharaohs" was supposed to come out tomorrow, but got delayed to next week.

I did just get a big update, but I guess they're still fine-tuning it. Which is fine, though I would've like to have it for this weekend, as it's gonna be a rainy Saturday, which would be an ideal time to dig into it.
Old 03-08-18, 07:07 PM   #154
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

I don't like that you can't do any of the DLC until you are done with the main campaign (I guess you could, but I'd be totally clobbered since I'm currently Level 30 and the missions are recommended for level 40.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 03-08-18, 08:58 PM   #155
dsa_shea
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
AC Rouge, it's already been announced for this year.

And just a heads up, if you can find the Gold Edition at Target, the SKUs have been merged and it's on sale for $40 this week.
Is that going to be a Parisian nightclub game set to music or did you mean Rogue?
Old 03-09-18, 07:56 AM   #156
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

No, Parisian nightclub setting. Sounds like a better game already.
Old 03-14-18, 12:57 PM   #157
james2025a
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So I downloaded the new DLC last night and had about 30 mins on it this morning. Nice to have the game provide a challenge again. Also gonna be good to have new areas to explore and get that level up to 55.
Old 03-14-18, 02:32 PM   #158
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Decent little review of the new DLC here.

I'm hearing rumors of them expanding Origins even more after this DLC, past what the season pass covers. In lieu of a new AC game, they might be releasing more expansions, having to do with fleshing out the origins of the Assassins even more. Sides stories such as Aya's adventures in Rome and whatnot.
Old 03-15-18, 10:19 AM   #159
james2025a

Well not had much time the last couple of days, but spent another hour on it last night. Really enjoying it again. I do what i always do with this type of game, go explore all the map before taking the missions seriously. It was a wake up call half way across the map when i rode past 3 soldiers and even though i am level 45 i got killed by two arrow hits. Nice to see that there are a few new Skills to acquire and general levels in inventory have been once again increased.

I finished off last night arriving in what i think is the Land of the Dead (Etan of Atan?). Game as usual looks gorgeous. I am VERY happy to hear that they considering continuing the game in further DLC as the game deserves it. They managed to do a great mix of Egyptian and Grecian settings for the game, so adding in a Rome setting seems logical. Still a hell of a lot of potential for this game going forward.

UPDATE: Well i spent a couple more hours on it last night and cleared out one of Lands of the Dead. Discovered a couple more, and think there are even another one or two to travel to. I notice there has been an update already for the game and i am glad. I am currently in the Land of the Dead that has all the giant head carvings and the game is crashing continually. I hope the update fixes this as its a problem.

UPDATE to UPDATE: Well this morning i completed the final missions pending. I have now completed literally everything in the game. All loot collected, all bosses beaten, all legendary equipment won/found and all gear and skills leveled up. Capped out at 55 a while back and managed to get about an additional 8 skills points to use towards building up each skill tree. I have loved this game from start to end and nice to see the quality has remained throughout. It gives me great hope for future games in the series as its really picked up pace and quality.

Game is so much damn fun though and i am loving this DLC. The design continues to impress.

I have now opened up I believe all the worlds of the Afterlife and they are all cool. I completed everything in the world with the Corn fields and sail ships. Defeating Nefertiti wasn't that hard. It was funny at one point as I was taking on two giant scorpions and a King Giant Scorpion and half way through the battle they all get in be way of a ship and it runs them all over and kills them.Made me laugh a d saved me a job.

Last edited by james2025a; 03-21-18 at 07:57 AM..
Old 03-24-18, 03:07 PM   #160
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

I just tried out Discovery Tour mode for the first time. It is excellent. I got right between two hippos while they had a fight. Then I learned how Egyptians made bread and beer. The depth they went to is incredible, with all the artwork and artifacts that you can see while hearing the history, and seeing how that history shaped how the developers built the world of Egypt in the game. It's really cool. Seriously, it's something that could've been paid DLC, but we get it for free. I need to delve into it more. It's something that more games should include (although it lends itself really well to Assassin's Creed given the historical tourism of it all). And if you have kids that are too young for the violence of the game, this discovery mode would be perfect for them to play.
Old 03-26-18, 11:59 AM   #161
james2025a

I tried the Discovery Tour over the weekend as well and i agree with everything you said. Its an excellent addition to the game and a great way to teach kids some history. Very interesting, very well done and more games should include something similar. Fits this series perfectly.
Old 05-16-18, 05:07 AM   #162
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

I just bought this game and spent a couple of hours last night. I'm loving it so far but I'm still trying to finish off God of War before I devote my whole time to this.
Old 06-30-18, 12:09 PM   #163
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

I found this game much more enjoyable than God of War. I stopped playing GoW as soon as I finished the main missions and started playing this. I have finished all trophies with the exception of Old Habits trophy to get the Platinum. I found the chariot racing and the headshot while jumping trophies to be the worst ones.

I love the nod to Final Fantasy with the Chocobo camel and the Ultima sword and shield.

Are the DLC worth it as I’m tempted to buy it?
Old 06-30-18, 03:13 PM   #164
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post

Are the DLC worth it as Im tempted to buy it?
Yes, absolutely, especially if you liked the main game enough to platinum it.
Old 06-30-18, 08:05 PM   #165
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yes, absolutely, especially if you liked the main game enough to platinum it.
Thanks slop! I just got the Platinum for the game so I'll get the DLC. Now to decide if I should wait for a sale or just get it?
Old 07-01-18, 12:05 PM   #166
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend

I’m impatient and also don’t have anything to play this summer so I bought both of the DLCs. Time to get all of those trophies too.
Old 07-03-18, 05:04 PM   #167
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend