Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-18, 08:23 PM   #151
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,493
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

What game is that?
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 08:29 PM   #152
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,526
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

AC Rouge, it's already been announced for this year.

And just a heads up, if you can find the Gold Edition at Target, the SKUs have been merged and it's on sale for $40 this week.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP Playstation ID: Skillz247LP Wii U: Skillz247LP Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 06:04 PM   #153
slop101
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 37,922
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

The 2nd DLC, "Curse of the Pharaohs" was supposed to come out tomorrow, but got delayed to next week.

I did just get a big update, but I guess they're still fine-tuning it. Which is fine, though I would've like to have it for this weekend, as it's gonna be a rainy Saturday, which would be an ideal time to dig into it.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 08:07 PM   #154
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,493
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

I don't like that you can't do any of the DLC until you are done with the main campaign (I guess you could, but I'd be totally clobbered since I'm currently Level 30 and the missions are recommended for level 40.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 09:58 PM   #155
dsa_shea
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,095
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
AC Rouge, it's already been announced for this year.

And just a heads up, if you can find the Gold Edition at Target, the SKUs have been merged and it's on sale for $40 this week.
Is that going to be a Parisian nightclub game set to music or did you mean Rogue?
__________________
PSN & XBOX: GatorShea
SWITCH: SW-5024-4523-5822
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 08:56 AM   #156
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,526
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

No, Parisian nightclub setting. Sounds like a better game already.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP Playstation ID: Skillz247LP Wii U: Skillz247LP Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 01:57 PM   #157
james2025a
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
james2025a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,878
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

So I downloaded the new DLC last night and had about 30 mins on it this morning. Nice to have the game provide a challenge again. Also gonna be good to have new areas to explore and get that level up to 55.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 03:32 PM   #158
slop101
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 37,922
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Decent little review of the new DLC here.

I'm hearing rumors of them expanding Origins even more after this DLC, past what the season pass covers. In lieu of a new AC game, they might be releasing more expansions, having to do with fleshing out the origins of the Assassins even more. Sides stories such as Aya's adventures in Rome and whatnot.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 11:19 AM   #159
james2025a
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
james2025a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,878
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Well not had much time the last couple of days, but spent another hour on it last night. Really enjoying it again. I do what i always do with this type of game, go explore all the map before taking the missions seriously. It was a wake up call half way across the map when i rode past 3 soldiers and even though i am level 45 i got killed by two arrow hits. Nice to see that there are a few new Skills to acquire and general levels in inventory have been once again increased.

I finished off last night arriving in what i think is the Land of the Dead (Etan of Atan?). Game as usual looks gorgeous. I am VERY happy to hear that they considering continuing the game in further DLC as the game deserves it. They managed to do a great mix of Egyptian and Grecian settings for the game, so adding in a Rome setting seems logical. Still a hell of a lot of potential for this game going forward.

UPDATE: Well i spent a couple more hours on it last night and cleared out one of Lands of the Dead. Discovered a couple more, and think there are even another one or two to travel to. I notice there has been an update already for the game and i am glad. I am currently in the Land of the Dead that has all the giant head carvings and the game is crashing continually. I hope the update fixes this as its a problem.

UPDATE to UPDATE: Well this morning i completed the final missions pending. I have now completed literally everything in the game. All loot collected, all bosses beaten, all legendary equipment won/found and all gear and skills leveled up. Capped out at 55 a while back and managed to get about an additional 8 skills points to use towards building up each skill tree. I have loved this game from start to end and nice to see the quality has remained throughout. It gives me great hope for future games in the series as its really picked up pace and quality.

Game is so much damn fun though and i am loving this DLC. The design continues to impress.

I have now opened up I believe all the worlds of the Afterlife and they are all cool. I completed everything in the world with the Corn fields and sail ships. Defeating Nefertiti wasn't that hard. It was funny at one point as I was taking on two giant scorpions and a King Giant Scorpion and half way through the battle they all get in be way of a ship and it runs them all over and kills them.Made me laugh a d saved me a job.

Last edited by james2025a; 03-21-18 at 08:57 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 04:07 PM   #160
slop101
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 37,922
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

I just tried out Discovery Tour mode for the first time. It is excellent. I got right between two hippos while they had a fight. Then I learned how Egyptians made bread and beer. The depth they went to is incredible, with all the artwork and artifacts that you can see while hearing the history, and seeing how that history shaped how the developers built the world of Egypt in the game. It's really cool. Seriously, it's something that could've been paid DLC, but we get it for free. I need to delve into it more. It's something that more games should include (although it lends itself really well to Assassin's Creed given the historical tourism of it all). And if you have kids that are too young for the violence of the game, this discovery mode would be perfect for them to play.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 12:59 PM   #161
james2025a
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
james2025a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,878
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

I tried the Discovery Tour over the weekend as well and i agree with everything you said. Its an excellent addition to the game and a great way to teach kids some history. Very interesting, very well done and more games should include something similar. Fits this series perfectly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 06:07 AM   #162
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,025
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

I just bought this game and spent a couple of hours last night. I'm loving it so far but I'm still trying to finish off God of War before I devote my whole time to this.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-18, 01:09 PM   #163
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,025
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

I found this game much more enjoyable than God of War. I stopped playing GoW as soon as I finished the main missions and started playing this. I have finished all trophies with the exception of Old Habits trophy to get the Platinum. I found the chariot racing and the headshot while jumping trophies to be the worst ones.

I love the nod to Final Fantasy with the Chocobo camel and the Ultima sword and shield.

Are the DLC worth it as I’m tempted to buy it?
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-18, 04:13 PM   #164
slop101
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 37,922
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post

Are the DLC worth it as Im tempted to buy it?
Yes, absolutely, especially if you liked the main game enough to platinum it.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-18, 09:05 PM   #165
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,025
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yes, absolutely, especially if you liked the main game enough to platinum it.
Thanks slop! I just got the Platinum for the game so I'll get the DLC. Now to decide if I should wait for a sale or just get it?
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 01:05 PM   #166
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,025
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

I’m impatient and also don’t have anything to play this summer so I bought both of the DLCs. Time to get all of those trophies too.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-18, 06:04 PM   #167
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,025
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-18, 10:15 PM   #168
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,526
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

I've been playing the shit out of this lately and really enjoying it. I was kinda bummed early on about the slow leveling system, but the Gold Edition comes with a fast leveling thing (I'm guessing if you want to just straight to the DLC), so I used that. It really helped with the enjoyment of not having to grind to level up. Anyways, it's really fantastic and I think it's going to help skip Odyssey until a huge price drop.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP Playstation ID: Skillz247LP Wii U: Skillz247LP Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-18, 09:41 AM   #169
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,188
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Hey

I decided to go ahead and grab this with the 50% off in the PS Store. I ended up getting the Deluxe though the Gold was tempting. But I figure this will keep me busy on & off for awhile and the Season Pass & DLC's might pop up for a good deal come BF.

Getting (3) Free Ability Points along with the outfit, horse, armor, shield and sword really helped off the bat. I really haven't done much combat instead going for stealth mainly. Just unlocked the Able To Carry Two Bows and extra damage on you power melee.

Overall...they really did a great job on capturing Ancient Egypt. The buildings, shops, trinkets, goods about the streets and paths and the constant flow of the locals really makes you feel you're in a town. I've hit two Tombs and all the details from loot, pottery, and writings/images on the wall...I feel like a cross between Tomb Raider & The Mummy....I'm waiting for something to pop out & chase me or some weird trap.....which the opening was just great.

Glad I grabbed it if just for the adventure, roaming around and sights & sounds. I've thrown Senu out just to get that large overhead view....and the Photo Mode is a huge big plus for this game. I'm avoiding cheats and too much info instead of opting to just go out and play. But I did see a few " Essential Tips"...like Sleep & Poison are good, Double Assassination a huge plus, Smoke Bombs have a dual purpose, Senu can be valuable in harassing, break down a lot early on for materials, do lots of hunting, the Bow is your best friend, master dodge & parry if you can....I can see why this game got so many awards and notice. As much as I wanted Odyssey, playing this was the better choice and grab Odssey later on.
__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-18, 10:29 AM   #170
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,025
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Hey

I decided to go ahead and grab this with the 50% off in the PS Store. I ended up getting the Deluxe though the Gold was tempting. But I figure this will keep me busy on & off for awhile and the Season Pass & DLC's might pop up for a good deal come BF.

Getting (3) Free Ability Points along with the outfit, horse, armor, shield and sword really helped off the bat. I really haven't done much combat instead going for stealth mainly. Just unlocked the Able To Carry Two Bows and extra damage on you power melee.

Overall...they really did a great job on capturing Ancient Egypt. The buildings, shops, trinkets, goods about the streets and paths and the constant flow of the locals really makes you feel you're in a town. I've hit two Tombs and all the details from loot, pottery, and writings/images on the wall...I feel like a cross between Tomb Raider & The Mummy....I'm waiting for something to pop out & chase me or some weird trap.....which the opening was just great.

Glad I grabbed it if just for the adventure, roaming around and sights & sounds. I've thrown Senu out just to get that large overhead view....and the Photo Mode is a huge big plus for this game. I'm avoiding cheats and too much info instead of opting to just go out and play. But I did see a few " Essential Tips"...like Sleep & Poison are good, Double Assassination a huge plus, Smoke Bombs have a dual purpose, Senu can be valuable in harassing, break down a lot early on for materials, do lots of hunting, the Bow is your best friend, master dodge & parry if you can....I can see why this game got so many awards and notice. As much as I wanted Odyssey, playing this was the better choice and grab Odssey later on.
One of my favorite games recently Buzz. I got the Platinum on it and bought the rest of the DLCs. I just need to finish some of the DLCs trophies in order to get 100% on it.

I spent countless hours just riding the plains and deserts, exploring tombs and taking out forts without concerning too much with the main and side missions. However, you need to be close to Level 40, in order for you not to get killed by the top level soldiers, bandits and animals and explore at your leisure.

Reading the reviews and watching some of the gameplay for Odyssey, I think they have changed or removed some of the gameplay aspect that I loved about this game.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-18, 12:12 PM   #171
slop101
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 37,922
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

After about 10 hours with Odyssey, I think I like Origins better. Though not by much. And going further with Odyssey could change my mind.
Odyssey definitely has the better overall story. But I liked Origins world/setting better, and for me, the world-building in a game is everything, more than story. Which is why I hate procedurally generated game worlds.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 09:24 AM   #172
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,188
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
After about 10 hours with Odyssey, I think I like Origins better. Though not by much. And going further with Odyssey could change my mind.
Odyssey definitely has the better overall story. But I liked Origins world/setting better, and for me, the world-building in a game is everything, more than story. Which is why I hate procedurally generated game worlds.
Just loving the settings, town, locals moving around & talking, the buildings, palm trees, attire, pottery....it's really got a authentic feel to it all. The sheer amount of people walking, talking and evn having converstions with each other is quite fun to just take a walk around.....I've probably spent at least 1/4-1/3 of my time sightseeing, photo-mode and flying looking than actually doing anything....love the Tombs. I'm still in that first area and much more to explore and see and have barely scratched the surface....
__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 11:03 AM   #173
slop101
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 37,922
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Just loving the settings, town, locals moving around & talking, the buildings, palm trees, attire, pottery....it's really got a authentic feel to it all. The sheer amount of people walking, talking and evn having converstions with each other is quite fun to just take a walk around.....I've probably spent at least 1/4-1/3 of my time sightseeing, photo-mode and flying looking than actually doing anything....love the Tombs. I'm still in that first area and much more to explore and see and have barely scratched the surface....
Make sure you check out the "Discovery Tour" mode - you'd dig it - and it's not just some cheap add-on, it's a whole thing onto itself, as I mentioned earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I just tried out Discovery Tour mode for the first time. It is excellent. I got right between two hippos while they had a fight. Then I learned how Egyptians made bread and beer. The depth they went to is incredible, with all the artwork and artifacts that you can see while hearing the history, and seeing how that history shaped how the developers built the world of Egypt in the game. It's really cool. Seriously, it's something that could've been paid DLC, but we get it for free. I need to delve into it more. It's something that more games should include (although it lends itself really well to Assassin's Creed given the historical tourism of it all). And if you have kids that are too young for the violence of the game, this discovery mode would be perfect for them to play.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 04:10 PM   #174
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,188
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Make sure you check out the "Discovery Tour" mode - you'd dig it - and it's not just some cheap add-on, it's a whole thing onto itself, as I mentioned earlier...
Thanks for the reminder and i see that at the loading screen with all the other stuff. That was/is another reason why I wanted this game. In some reviews it was mentioned this was actually a huge plus; sort of a Ancient Egypt History Tour thrown in. Glad Ubisoft added stuff like this and photo-mode.
__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 04:31 PM   #175
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,296
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Thanks for the reminder and i see that at the loading screen with all the other stuff. That was/is another reason why I wanted this game. In some reviews it was mentioned this was actually a huge plus; sort of a Ancient Egypt History Tour thrown in. Glad Ubisoft added stuff like this and photo-mode.
wish this was in Odyssey. sounds great. or maybe it is, but i haven't discovered it...
__________________
"be kind rewind" Movie collection
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0