DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Outlast 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/640015-outlast-2-a.html)

Rival11 05-08-17 08:50 AM

Outlast 2

Anyone play this yet? I loved the first one, one of the scariest, most tense games I've ever played.

Second one looks great and I hear their are new hiding mechanics.

Feel free to post trailers, videos, etc.. to this post (mods) as necessary as I do not have access while I'm at the office for my job.

dom56 05-08-17 09:20 AM

Re: Outlast 2

I still haven't played the first one on the PS4 yet.

starseed1981 05-08-17 09:39 AM

2nd game isn't nearly as good as the first IMHO. I have basically all the same gripes as Angry Joe does in his review. It's basically a game of trial and error. Not Whistleblower scary but the creep factor is all over it.

The Questyen 05-08-17 09:55 AM

I'm a big fan of the first one so I'll pick it up first time it goes on sale.

Don't really understand the complaints about trial and error since that was a heavy part of the first game also.

starseed1981 05-08-17 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 13068129)
Don't really understand the complaints about trial and error since that was a heavy part of the first game also.

It was. But this time around enemies have this pseudo magical ability to see you through walls & objects.

The Questyen 05-08-17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981 (Post 13068225)
It was. But this time around enemies have this pseudo magical ability to see you through walls & objects.

I read on I think Kotaku that a patch was coming out soon to balance some of that.

starseed1981 05-08-17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 13068249)
I read on I think Kotaku that a patch was coming out soon to balance some of that.

Nice!

Rival11 07-06-17 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981 (Post 13068121)
2nd game isn't nearly as good as the first IMHO. I have basically all the same gripes as Angry Joe does in his review. It's basically a game of trial and error. Not Whistleblower scary but the creep factor is all over it.

Finally started playing this. It's a nice upgrade from the first mechanics-wise and I love being able to re-watch certain videos you record.

It's nowhere near as anxiety inducing as the first (I always had to prepare a sec before playing the first game - especially the DLC) but it's actually creepier.

I'm not that far in at all but I do like that it's more than just approaching enemies, hiding, then figuring out which route to take - of course that aspect still remains but they've added a lot more.

The Questyen 07-06-17 09:45 AM

I just started playing it last weekend and am I'm guessing about two thirds of the way through. I was a big fan of the original and the DLC and while I don't think the plot is as interesting in this one the core gameplay and locations are great and I'm really enjoying it.

The Questyen 07-06-17 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981 (Post 13068225)

So it does look like the patch fixed that. I'm playing with the recent patch and haven't had that happen at least on normal difficulty.

Rival11 08-03-17 08:58 AM

Ok so, the anxiety has kicked in..lol - It starts off nice and slow but that's just to give you the "feels" before the shit starts to hit the fan - the chases in this game are awesome.

What I don't like is not being able to see where you need to go but unfortunately, this is the games bread and butter - I hope a navigation system comes with later installments - it's tough because on one hand I love not knowing where to go or what to do but on the other, I get pissed playing the same part over and over again because I didn't see the gate i needed to push to get into a barn and escape.

They did a good job with this game and looks great - I'm not that far but I'm taking my time with it as I enjoy the environment and creep factor.