Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-15-18, 10:45 PM   #251
foxdvd
gamer for life

Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

You can check on your stats from the computer if you want to look up things in the game...

https://far-cry-arcade.ubi.com/en-gb/ps4/profile/me

if you are logged in you should be able to see my progress with the below link....I am actually 104% done with the game...haha!

https://far-cry-arcade.ubi.com/en-gb...7-5b8ef8018609

My Countdown Counting down to: THE FINAL
880 days 8 hours 15 minutes
Old 04-15-18, 11:11 PM   #252
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather

That's cool. Thanks for sharing fox.
Old 04-16-18, 09:12 AM   #253
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was able to open up another slot for an SMG, now I'd like to get the Bow or Rocket Launcher in my queue.
Old 04-16-18, 03:10 PM   #254
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Yesterday as my family left a restaurant, we saw a HUGE raised pickup truck covered in a vinyl wrap with stars and stripes and a picture of an eagle and a scripture passage. On its bumper were Trump/Pence 2016 and NRA bumper stickers.
My wife said "Gross". I replied "That looks like the cars and trucks I've been blowing up all weekend!"
She didn't get it, but my kids thought it was hysterical.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 04-16-18, 04:02 PM   #255
dsa_shea
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Yesterday as my family left a restaurant, we saw a HUGE raised pickup truck covered in a vinyl wrap with stars and stripes and a picture of an eagle and a scripture passage. On its bumper were Trump/Pence 2016 and NRA bumper stickers.
My wife said "Gross". I replied "That looks like the cars and trucks I've been blowing up all weekend!"
She didn't get it, but my kids thought it was hysterical.
lol!!!!
Old 04-17-18, 12:25 AM   #256
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather

That's hilarious Decker.

So I took out John Seed earlier. After two attempts in the plane I finally got him on the third try... sorta. We had a mid-air collision, my body went flying to my death and when I respawned on the ground it registered as completing the mission. So I headed over to where he landed/was escaping. He hopped in his truck to take off and I one-shot arrowed him in the head in the driver's seat. That was awesome.

I've been dabbling in Faith's area and I'm not too crazy about her or the Bliss stuff. I've skipped a few cutscenes which I usually don't do.
Old 04-17-18, 02:09 AM   #257
adrenaline78
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
Well I completed the game and I completed practically all the challenges and still grinding trying to find perk points for the final few skills.

A lot of the skills are not great to be honest, but par for the course with this kind of game.

Also, I have serious doubts about the poster who claimed he got 100% in 11 days. Its not the task, or perks or things like that, its actuay buying all weapons, all skins and all attachments. Take serious money to get everything. I completed the game pretty fast (maybe a day or two after him) and I was only at 71% completion. And I had put in a serious amount of hours on the game.

I have actually not gone back to the game for a few days now. Gonna grab God of War this week and move on to that.
I'm at 100% and didn't buy everything. I completed all missions, platinum, and did most of the challenges.
Old 04-17-18, 09:34 PM   #258
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline78 View Post
I'm at 100% and didn't buy everything. I completed all missions, platinum, and did most of the challenges.
had a blast? relieved to get over with? enjoyed the whole ride?
Old 04-18-18, 11:42 AM   #259
james2025a
Suspended

Sorry, i have never been one to give a shit about awards or getting platinum or shit like that in games. I thought a platinum would mean completing everything and getting 100%.
Old 04-18-18, 11:43 AM   #260
starseed1981
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wrapped this one. I've only played 3,4,Primal and now 5. Imho, 3 > 4 > 5 > Primal.

Last edited by starseed1981; 04-19-18 at 09:11 AM..
Old 04-20-18, 07:11 AM   #261
adrenaline78
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
had a blast? relieved to get over with? enjoyed the whole ride?
It was good. Had a lot of fun at times. I'd say wait until a price drop to get it, unless you're a trophy hunter. It has some MP trophies that may be hard to get when the MP mode dies off.
Old 04-20-18, 07:57 AM   #262
Rob V
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm loving the game... literally tracking down every side mission I come across. That said, I HATE missions where the protagonist gets trippy or is whacked on drugs. The Far Cry series is notorious for having at least a half dozen missions like this and I never enjoy them... they're worse than swimming missions.
Old 04-20-18, 12:45 PM   #263
Adam Tyner
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I haven't done all the challenges and am not trying to 1000/1000 this sucker, but I did finish every mission (including stashes and cult properties) this morning and finished up the campaign.

I think I would've dug it more if I hadn't just finished playing Assassin's Creed: Origins beforehand. I feel like most people go John->Faith->Jacob, but I tackled 'em as John->Jacob->Faith, and I'm betting that was a good move for my tastes. Glad I got the worst of the forced missions out of the way before the end.

It's kinda funny that the final battle is a complete and total cakewalk compared to any of Joseph's siblings. I wound up hoarding something like 54 perk points just because so little else by the end really leapt out at me.

Quick tips for anyone who hasn't finished yet:
  • Do the War on Drugs mission before taking down Faith since those trucks/boats become way more scarce afterwards
  • Use Ultimate Hunter for the roadkill missions to help point you to antlered critters
  • Weak as it is, the ATV is actually easier to run over bison than a semi; they'll outrun a big truck, and you're more likely to lose time stuck between trees or going the wrong way down a hill
  • Get the air drop perk after you've snagged the other essentials; it makes traversal faster and more fun
"When you're in your twenties, you wonder what everyone's thinking of you. When you're in your thirties, you don't care what people think of you. And when you reach your forties, you find out no one was ever thinking of you in the first place."
-Patton Oswalt
Old 04-20-18, 02:13 PM   #264
james2025a
Suspended

Actually i did it Faith, John, Jacob.

And i feel you with coming off Assassins Creed. That game has sucked a hell of a lot of time from me. Its just superb. One of the only games i have 100% completed. And i mean collecting and completing every single thing. Not a single pot in Egypt i havn't gotten the loot from. And the expansions have all been fantastic. Hope the rumors they are continuing it are true.
Old 04-20-18, 03:15 PM   #265
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Godfather

The air drops are great as you can wingsuit to nearby unexplored areas. However, load times are annoying when you're trying to save time hopping around the map.

I've done John and ready to tackle Faith.

I'm doing as much as I can, but I still can't find one damn Silo in John's area. It's kind of aggravating.
Old 04-20-18, 10:37 PM   #266
Gamblor187
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
The air drops are great as you can wingsuit to nearby unexplored areas. However, load times are annoying when you're trying to save time hopping around the map.

I've done John and ready to tackle Faith.

I'm doing as much as I can, but I still can't find one damn Silo in John's area. It's kind of aggravating.
Make sure that you read all the letters that you find laying around the world. Some of them mention a silo or a shrine and will add it to your map.
Old 04-21-18, 06:43 PM   #267
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

i just started this thing. like maybe an hour. i'm already so overwhelmed...