Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon

Bungie promoted this space as a social area.
mission accomplished
Old 06-06-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
mission accomplished
Agreed.

Judging by how few people are there I would say that sums up the game perfectly.
Old 06-06-18, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
Agreed.

Judging by how few people are there I would say that sums up the game perfectly.
yeah, most of us are to busy doing things like Escalation Protocol, raids, crucible, etc to be to concerned about what is happening at the farm which is intended to be a quick fly into fly out of area

maybe we'd feel different if they added a chicken race mini-game or ..... soccer
Old 06-07-18, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
yeah, most of us are to busy doing things like Escalation Protocol, raids, crucible, etc to be to concerned about what is happening at the farm which is intended to be a quick fly into fly out of area

maybe we'd feel different if they added a chicken race mini-game or ..... soccer
Got it.

I know you are trying to be funny.

Different people like different things and mocking what they want out of a game is exactly why this product is such a major disppointment.

Best of luck trying to get enough people to grind out your reskinned items.
Old 06-07-18, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

You know what's worse than how Bungie screwed up Destiny? This thread and how I have to scroll left and right in order to read it - I've stopped reading this thread because of it. Let me know when you fix this shit!
Old 06-07-18, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gamestop has prices up. Forsaken + annual pass is $70. Forsaken by itself is $40 and the annual pass is $35.

https://m.gamestop.com/pages/collect...&utm_content=3

And unlike Taken King, it looks like this does not include the game or the other two expansions. So you would still have to buy all that separately.

Personally, I think this sucks and is going to negatively affect the player base even more.

Last edited by mattysemo247; 06-07-18 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-07-18, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I did want to ask on something that I saw on the official Bungie> D2 forums. Someone pointed out...not sure true or not...but say if someone wanted to just get in D2 and go up to this Forsaken. They said they would have to buy the base game and two previous DLC's first before getting Forsaken....is that correct?

So even those who some might have temporally shelved the game...not naming names...wanted to come back and give this a go, they would have to get Curse of Osiris and Warmind then they could get Forsaken? Sort of how The Taken King worked.....
Old 06-07-18, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You can't read very well, can you?
Old 07-16-18, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

If you want an alexa enabled ghost, it's 10 bucks. I have no idea what it does, though.

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-19-18, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally got all my lost prophecies done. That was a lot of strike grinding. Also close to lvl 50 with Zavala. Also realized i still need to get some raids done. Any one down for that this weekend?
Old 07-19-18, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raids? In Destiny? I don't think that is a thing.
Old 07-19-18, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Finally got all my lost prophecies done. That was a lot of strike grinding. Also close to lvl 50 with Zavala. Also realized i still need to get some raids done. Any one down for that this weekend?
I wouldn't mind getting on if anyone else is up for it since it's been a few months. I never did get a chance to run through any of the raid lairs. I only ended up doing the original raid once.
Old 07-19-18, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chase3001
Raids? In Destiny? I don't think that is a thing.
there isn't one on the Farm?

I thought you had to raid the chicken coop
Old 07-19-18, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found a picture of Ice

Spoiler:
Old 07-21-18, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Killer, chase, ice and myself were talking earlier and we're open to the idea if we can get everyone on at the same time.

If we can't, the rest of us will probably be trying to get the D2 Black Spindle (now called Whisper Of The Worm), which has finally become available in a mission that is very tough, and extremely frustrating to actually trigger.

But basically we'd like to get as many daggers through the raids as we can.
Old 07-21-18, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by TheKing
Killer, chase, ice and myself were talking earlier and we're open to the idea if we can get everyone on at the same time.

If we can't, the rest of us will probably be trying to get the D2 Black Spindle (now called Whisper Of The Worm), which has finally become available in a mission that is very tough, and extremely frustrating to actually trigger.

But basically we'd like to get as many daggers through the raids as we can.
Another thing I would like to do, just no wear near the light requirements. I still have to finish EP

*edit* Just saw slayerage beat it heroic, solo, deathless. Man that guy is good.

Last edited by Me007gold; 07-21-18 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-21-18, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another thing I would like to do, just no wear near the light requirements. I still have to finish EP

*edit* Just saw slayerage beat it heroic, solo, deathless. Man that guy is good.
I wouldn't sweat the power/light level thing
we have enough people that are well coordinated enough and have the right loadouts that we can get you through this

just a matter of getting enough of us in the same instance, which we've had success doing by pairs of us in the same region of the country launching into an area at the same time
Old 07-21-18, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As ice said, EP is easy now, so long as you have the numbers. Hardest part is getting the people into the same instance.

So long as you have Warmind, we can get you and really anyone else here through EP.

Next time I see you on, I'll shoot you a party invite and we'll see what we can do about getting your level up. A raid or two will do wonders for that. Not needed for EP so much, but still good in general.
Old 07-22-18, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tonight will go down as one of the best in D2 Dagger history. Hell, it's right up there with some of our best D1 dagger moments.

After spending a few hours trying for the Whisper Of The Worm (more on that later), we gathered up a whoile gang of daggers and headed into the Leviathan, so me007gold could get his first Calus kill. All in all, it was a pretty smooth run for us, and we headed into Eater Of Worlds as well.

Somehow, that run was even smoother than the first, and me007gold had his first Argos kill. We even managed to make it exciting as we hadwasted a damage phase, and had to kill him during the Enrage phase. Luckily we had one cranium left and it did just enough damage to finish off the beast and get to the treasure room. Sadly, I forgot to record it, but it was a great moment to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

At that point, raiding was done and attention was returned to getting the D2 Spindle. After a couple of runs with killer inched us closer, we swapped him out for our resident Canadian, chase, and took a couple more whacks at it. First run was good, we killed 2 of the 3 bosses with 23 second left. Progress! But not nearly enough time to finish the last one off. We needed about two minutes.

The next run, we managed to do just that. With two minutes to kill the last boss, we looked to be in good shape. I had my super, some heavy, and ice had just done one hell of a job using his super to wear the boss down.

Sadly, my super kinda missed the mark, and as the clock wound down, things looked dire. But, I had my linear fusion, and did my best to take this guy out. The seconds ticked away as we all fired everything we had. 5, 4,3...well, I did manage to capture this moment, and you can watch the whole 20 minute run, but safe to say that it was even more of a nail biter than Argos had been. Enjoy.

Apologies for the sound, I apparently live in a wind tunnel.
Old 07-22-18, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

good stuff

clearly we were trying to farm him like the round 7 EP boss
Old 07-22-18, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched the entire video since Scott said this had to go down in the History of The Daggers as one of the more epic runs done....and you're right. First 3 minutes should've been "How To Jump & Parkour As A Expert In Destiny"....my favorite subject. It would've taken me 2hr to get to the 2 minute mark....that alone was worth the watch.

Glad to hear & see you got it done.....not sure I would call that fun....I'd have to take two days off from gaming to get my nerves and sanity back. Great run, great stuff...hats off to the Team....well done!!!

Oh...incase some ask those here about getting into the game and what is needed...sure ya'll already know...but I did see where both the Warmind & Curse of Osiris are on sale for 50% off and I think up to when The Foresaken is being release. Might help some interested and asking about what's needed.
Old 07-22-18, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I watched the entire video since Scott said this had to go down in the History of The Daggers as one of the more epic runs done....and you're right. First 3 minutes should've been "How To Jump & Parkour As A Expert In Destiny"....my favorite subject. It would've taken me 2hr to get to the 2 minute mark....that alone was worth the watch.

Glad to hear & see you got it done.....not sure I would call that fun....I'd have to take two days off from gaming to get my nerves and sanity back. Great run, great stuff...hats off to the Team....well done!!!
Ohhhh that is not the expert jumping video. There is a whole jumping section in that white and green room with the ball that is absolutely INSANE. Thankfully Bungie put in a shortcut to avoid it, but for the Heroic runs and to get the masterwork and exotic ship tied to the quest, you have to take the crazy path. Just glad I can now practice it at will.

But overall, it was really fun. Bungie is getting a lot of praise for this whole quest, and it's well deserved. There was a lot of effort and detail put into it that we haven't seen in a while. My only complaint is that they made such a huge area of the map only accessible for this one mission. Of course they also made it so you have to run it maybe 10 times to get everything, so the size is justified in that case.

Hopefully it's a peek at what Forsaken is going to offer, and not just a one off.
Old 07-22-18, 04:50 PM

This is just something else

Old 07-23-18, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I did want to ask though since I really haven't kept up with the latest & greatest....how is or future wise....the storage, upgrading, collecting, crafting, selling, breakdown of the items is or going to be?

Last edited by K&AJones; 07-24-18 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-23-18, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thought you said there was a jumping challenge. So disappointed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.