Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-17, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Seriously, is there any easy way to deal with these Shriekers? They seem to always kick my ass and I have no weapon that deals too much damage. I’m level 11, I think, power like 130. And I refuse, absolutely refuse to change difficulty level. That would lead to bad things...
let's try this again
shriekers are not a difficult obstacle

first, you cannot damage them when their shell is closed
keep your distance
use range weapons such as a scout rifle to damage them when you get close enough to trigger them opening (a couple rockets from a rocket launcher will do as well for killing 1 but not enough ammo for 3) auto rifle with good stability is probably good as the ones I believe you are encountering fire at you rapidly
cover is your ally - back off and take cover/regen health when they emit void blasts, if you have a sword (with ammo) you can use that to block the blasts as a defensive measure
throw up a wall if you are a titan for cover
use a healing or empowering rift if you are a warlock
rinse/repeat opening shrieker, doing damage, backing off until destroyed if you can't do it in 1 shooting

Last edited by musick; 10-15-17 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-15-17, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

And I refuse, absolutely refuse to change difficulty level. That would lead to bad things...
Well, even if you wanted to, you couldn't, as the game doesn't have any difficulty setting options, just the one everyone's playing.
Old 10-15-17, 09:39 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
let's try this again
shriekers are not a difficult obstacle

first, you cannot damage them when their shell is closed
keep your distance
use range weapons such as a scout rifle to damage them when you get close enough to trigger them opening (a couple rockets from a rocket launcher will do as well for killing 1 but not enough ammo for 3) auto rifle with good stability is probably good as the ones I believe you are encountering fire at you rapidly
cover is your ally - back off and take cover/regen health when they emit void blasts, if you have a sword (with ammo) you can use that to block the blasts as a defensive measure
throw up a wall if you are a titan for cover
use a healing or empowering rift if you are a warlock
rinse/repeat opening shrieker, doing damage, backing off until destroyed if you can't do it in 1 shooting
ok, thanks. don't have a rocket launcher and basically doing what you said. we'll see what happens. will try to overcome today...
Old 10-15-17, 05:28 PM

beat the 3 Shriekers, completed another mission. Level 12, power 133. plugging along and loving it...
Old 10-15-17, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

beat the 3 Shriekers, completed another mission. Level 12, power 133. plugging along and loving it...
Public events are a great way to get gear and levels very quick.
Old 10-15-17, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Public events are a great way to get gear and levels very quick.
Yeah, I’ll do those too. I just hope directions are straight forward and/or I don’t have to do much to clean up on loot...😜
Old 10-16-17, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If your end goal is to finish the "single-player" story campaign, I do not think you really need to worry about your power level. You can finish the story campaign with the way you have been progressing.

Power levels are important for the multi-player parts of the game like strikes, Nightfall, Raids, where the recommended level is 240 and above.
Old 10-16-17, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by outcastja
Anyone else think Iron Banner just sucks now?

My issues:

- No chance of IB drops after a match
- Most of the time, the gear you get is below your power level
- Turning in tokens doesn't guarantee IB gear, just same shit all the other vendors give out
- Slot machine factor in tokens, I'm ranked 21 and still can't get a full set of armor but have plenty of duplicates
Yes

The token system is a horrible idea. Factions are now meaningless and the loot pool is far too broad a repetitive.

It is no longer worth doing Iron Banner for non Iron Banner items
Old 10-16-17, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Saw an article yesterday on a game site...Pushsquare.. titled....Destiny 2 Retail Sales Down A Whopping 50% in USA.....I was like how the heck can this be. It's actually from a Money Site, CNBC looking at the financial investment side of things. They are comparing D2 first full month to D1 first full month and yea, 50% down compared to it. Full story here....

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/10/13/...-original.html
Only going to get worse since there is no end game and very few like the poor reskinned items and token system.

The population tracker shows the numbers falling quickly.
Old 10-16-17, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
Only going to get worse since there is no end game and very few like the poor reskinned items and token system.

The population tracker shows the numbers falling quickly.

I've got two friends that play with a small group of 5-6 regularly and have been huge Destiny fans going back to the first one. They told me a couple of their friends are "taking a break" from it because they feel like the rewards with the time and effort don't justify it. I looked on my friends list over the weekend with usually around 20-25 playing and it was an equal amount scattered playing everything. A few weeks ago half the list was playing Destiny.

I haven't played the RAID yet so I'm not sure when someone mentions the crates/chest, where they are and rewards. Several nights ago a friend and her team went thru and told me what they got out of them. The first chest, no-one got a single armor or weapon. Second chest, one got a armor piece and one got a gun, one arm band and others not much of anything. Third chest the same thing two got something good, one got a weapon they already had & lower than what they are and the others nothing worth mentioning. So after 2.5-3 hours and you look at the reward for your effort is what.....
Old 10-16-17, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was hoping we could get a raid going over the weekend, but no luck. Only a couple people were on so we didn't have the numbers. I'm still hoping to run one with the clan before taking a break until the first expansion hits. I think most people made the mad rush to 305 and then burned out. I took the opposite approach and only play a few hours a week to get the crucible and public event milestones, and then take a break until the next week. It was easier than expected to get to 290 doing just that and hitting the nightfalls here and there. Had to skip the nightfall this week though, couldn't get anyone to run that either . I do have some of those tokens though, so I guess I could run with some randoms, but not sure that is worth it either.
Old 10-16-17, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I was hoping we could get a raid going over the weekend, but no luck. Only a couple people were on so we didn't have the numbers.
I'd like to think it is quieter than normal due to the MLB playoffs, and that we should be back to full force in a week or so. However, I can't deny that the staying power of D2 is not as strong as D1.
Old 10-16-17, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll be on tonight...just not sure on what....Neverwinter, Diablo (Season 11 ends Friday) or Warframe. I actaully still could run it before the reset so if you can find a 3rd then I'll go....
Old 10-16-17, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Even though I'm in the clan, I'll never really have time to schedule a Raid or Nightfall run. They need to make a LFG like WoW did. That's the only reason I saw any of the raids when I played that.
Old 10-16-17, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah, I just got to 280, and feel no incentive to get past that. The loot I get is exactly the same as what I already have, with maybe a very slightly higher power rating, like by 1 or 2. It was generous at first, but end game is chintzy as hell.
Old 10-16-17, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If any one on Xbox needs help with the Raid lmk. I think i have completed it 12 times already. I am admin of a very good large clan and we like doing the guided games to help others out. With my Raid group we normally finish the whole Raid without wiping and in about an hour and a half.
Old 10-16-17, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got two friends that play with a small group of 5-6 regularly and have been huge Destiny fans going back to the first one. They told me a couple of their friends are "taking a break" from it because they feel like the rewards with the time and effort don't justify it. I looked on my friends list over the weekend with usually around 20-25 playing and it was an equal amount scattered playing everything. A few weeks ago half the list was playing Destiny.

I haven't played the RAID yet so I'm not sure when someone mentions the crates/chest, where they are and rewards. Several nights ago a friend and her team went thru and told me what they got out of them. The first chest, no-one got a single armor or weapon. Second chest, one got a armor piece and one got a gun, one arm band and others not much of anything. Third chest the same thing two got something good, one got a weapon they already had & lower than what they are and the others nothing worth mentioning. So after 2.5-3 hours and you look at the reward for your effort is what.....

Getting tokens drops instead of gear (even if it is a duplicate) when beating a Raid encounter is very unsatisfying to me. Raids and Iron Banner were activities to help your character level up, now it doesn't help. Turning in tokens for the Raid or IB, will drop gear below your power level which is beyond stupid to me.

I'm a fan of the token system for the regular vendors, but I do not like it for the Raid and Iron Banner where I feel the gear drops should reflect your power level.

I was a fan of how they did it in Rise of Iron, you get IB bounties to turn it in for random gear and rank up so you were able to purchase the gear on sale, then just wait til next IB to purchase more gear to complete the set. Now with the token system IB is more of a grind than ever. It took me 34 rank-up IB packages to get a full-set of armor for one character which is ridiculous. And since most of my drops were duplicates or below my power level, 95% of the gear was just dismantled for useless shards.
Old 10-16-17, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Really trying to stay interested but Bungie is making this difficult.

I have about a hour to play during weekday afternoons. That rules out any raid activity.

I used to look forward to Iron Banner because I am terrible at PvP. I played Iron Banner because at least I would get some reward for losing. Now all I get is tokens for random loot. I avoid Crucible since I am terrible and cannot seem to improve or enjoy myself.

Strikes are awful, too long and tedious to be fun, not to mention again the lack of incentive through items.

Power level is meaningless, light level is meaningless in the larger game.

Grinding for mods to dismantle is what the game is left with. Shards are pointless since there is nothing to buy. Exotics only seem to exist to be available as fodder to dismantle to try to level your light.

Patrols are fun for a while but trying to be on a server with other players for a public event is disappointing given what the population numbers say. Jumping via fast travel to get with other players is laughable in this kind of game.

What is left, single use shaders, factions that no longer exist, a story that was botched badly, the Vanguard no longer exist, no lore add to, no ghosts to be found despite all the dead guardians, a farm that was fantastic only to be discarded . . .

Trying to stay interested. I guess there is always D1 to return to.
Old 10-16-17, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have maxed out 2 characters and didn't find it too difficult. What's the fun in playing the game if it doesn't make you work for it. Destiny 1 is by far more of a grind than D2. Looter shooters are supposed to be grinds.

As far as power levels go the game has soft caps that can be a struggle to get passed but with the right strategies like completing your weekly milestones and exotic drops and mod management it can be overcome fairly easy.
Old 10-16-17, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went back and re-read that article on the link I posted...The Future of Destiny Might Be Found In Warframe and a couple of us who play both talked about the difference but how Destiny could be...saved.

For one I always thought with D2 they had ample opportunity to come up with at least "One New Guardian" to throw in the mix. I mean the Destiny Universe would be big enough for more than three races of Guardians correct?

More back stories say like able to play a Fallen who possibly was sympathetic to the Guardians.

One of the things that's always happening in Warframe is something called "Alerts" which there's usually 4-6 going on 24/7....where some random type of rewards are offered....credits, blue-prints, consumables, materials, etc...with some being very rare and sought after...to go out and complete a mission.Destiny you have Patrols & Public Events that offer almost the same stuff most you don't need and end up breaking down.

In Warframe you have about (20) Mission Types...Exterminate, Defense, Mobile Defense, Sabotage, Rescue, Spy etc along with Trials for the higher end....Destiny you have the Raid, Strikes and Nightfall

For Armor and Weapons, in Warframe you have "Mods" which you can insert (10) in countless combinations to enhance you Warframe & Weapons which in turn you have to level them up as well. In Destiny you have normal and legendary Mods and can only equip one.

In Warframe you have Pets and/or Sentinels who do damage, collect, guard, scan.....Destiny....Nothing

In Warframe you do have "Syndicates" sort of the Faction version where there are six. Three on each side of an alliance. Wear their emblem and gain points which you can spend on better mods, weapons, buffs, relics, etc. You can also get invaded by the opposing factions as well. And what are the Factions in Destiny doing and offering now.....gear below your level that you break down....

Warframe started in 2012 with (8) Characters......they have had a total of (53) since then
Destiny started in 2014 with three; Hunter, Titan and Warlock. Today same three.....

Something else we talked about though was we loved the maps, the play, the worlds and all in Destiny....but it's like we wish we could take the characters, leveling, progressing, collecting, infusing, building, making, various modes of play from several other games and put them in Destiny.....

Last edited by K&AJones; 10-16-17 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-16-17, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea so many things are beyond stupid in this game I have over 5000 hrs in the first game. This one just pissed me off. Nerfed having 3 of same character(Ive only played Warlock, ever). Tokens for reward for raid...um what , then the fuckers stole them ALL from a glitch...They nerfed the shit of how hard it is you can finish without even ever doing the raid at all. So whats the point , to be annoyed week after week for no reward or reason. That's why people are bailing. Fuck this game.
Old 10-16-17, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took me 480 tokens (24 IB engrams) to get a full IB set of armor on my warlock. I have never been so thankful to see a pair of gloves popup on the screen.
Old 10-16-17, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by outcastja
If your end goal is to finish the "single-player" story campaign, I do not think you really need to worry about your power level. You can finish the story campaign with the way you have been progressing.

Power levels are important for the multi-player parts of the game like strikes, Nightfall, Raids, where the recommended level is 240 and above.
i think i'll do it all and with different characters. i love this world and want to experience it all. it is maybe a little repetitive, but maybe that is just the SP. minor nitpick. also, i just use melee for most of the minor enemies. why bother on ammo. one punch and they are done. anyone else do that?
Old 10-17-17, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last night I went in to do one of the missions for a "Powerful Engram; doing Public Events on Nessus. After more of an hour+ play all I really got was two Legendary Engrams that of course were below my level along with a lot of Blue with all being broke down.

I then got an invite from someone who I play with in Neverwinter whose group needed one more to continue the RAID...which I've never set foot in until now. So totally clueless on what to do, expect and role. After coaching me....pulling a "Scott" thankfully...we tried in one place but some were saying there was some glitch happening where they were getting killed way to fast and easy. It's the spot with the pool in the middle and you shoot the crystals on the chains. I did end up with three Legendary that in the end didn't help at all and those were broken down.

Last but not least I did turn in two of the Clan Rewards and I did get three items that were useful, one being a Exotic; my first 300. So after about 2.5-3 hours of playing my actual rewards were either the same or below my level with the Clan Rewards being the only bright spot. I did go by to my Faction to say hi & see ya since all they do now is take up a space in The Tower.....
Old 10-17-17, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night I went in to do one of the missions for a "Powerful Engram; doing Public Events on Nessus. After more of an hour+ play all I really got was two Legendary Engrams that of course were below my level along with a lot of Blue with all being broke down.

I then got an invite from someone who I play with in Neverwinter whose group needed one more to continue the RAID...which I've never set foot in until now. So totally clueless on what to do, expect and role. After coaching me....pulling a "Scott" thankfully...we tried in one place but some were saying there was some glitch happening where they were getting killed way to fast and easy. It's the spot with the pool in the middle and you shoot the crystals on the chains. I did end up with three Legendary that in the end didn't help at all and those were broken down.

Last but not least I did turn in two of the Clan Rewards and I did get three items that were useful, one being a Exotic; my first 300. So after about 2.5-3 hours of playing my actual rewards were either the same or below my level with the Clan Rewards being the only bright spot. I did go by to my Faction to say hi & see ya since all they do now is take up a space in The Tower.....
Your two powerful engrams should be higher than your light level. You can however get unlucky and get two items in a spot that don't need upgrades though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.