Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Old 04-08-20, 04:36 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 157 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon View Post
I have no idea how to answer your questions

What platform? Did you buy Shadowkeep? The Shadowkeep splash screen displays even if you have not bought the DLC. No 750 is about 200 points too low. Story missions are always the same in your quests, look for the blue icon on the map. What saved game? Do you mean character? Need more info to try and help.
XBOX One, i bought Shadowkeep after this mess. i get into game and it seems like i've played and used this character before but have no idea where to go or what to do. yes, i mean my character save. 200 points too low for what? is it any indication i have played before or is that what you start off with? what other info do you need? sorry if i'm unclear, just unclear about what's going on with game...
Old 04-08-20, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
XBOX One, i bought Shadowkeep after this mess. i get into game and it seems like i've played and used this character before but have no idea where to go or what to do. yes, i mean my character save. 200 points too low for what? is it any indication i have played before or is that what you start off with? what other info do you need? sorry if i'm unclear, just unclear about what's going on with game...
OK, let me try and clear up a few things.

First: you can't lose your data on Destiny or D2 unless you delete your characters. All items, progress and stats are saved on Bungie's end, not locally.

Second, back in October with the launch of New Light (the free to play version of D2) and Shadowkeep, Bungie made the decision to raise everyone's level to 750. Right now, you can get up to 1010, not including the bonus light levels you get through XP farming (which is unlimited, but resets every season). Fox example, my level is 1002 through my gear right now, but I also have 19 bonus levels meaning I can get to 1021. So basically your characters were put at the max level just before shadowkeep launched, and are still there.

Here's where it gets confusing. Bungie changed how a new player starts the game with New Light, and they no longer play through the original D2 campaign by default. Instead, they play a remade version of the first mission from the original Destiny before being dropped into D2's current state. If you played D2, but didn't finish the initial campaign, you'd now be like one of these new players. Basically you're ready to dive into Shawdowkeep's campaign.

To start, click on Destinations, and go to the Tower. Talk to the vendors there, some might have quests for you, plus you can check your vault to see what items you may have left in there. After that you can head to the moon, and there should be an icon prompting you to start a mission there.

Old 04-08-20, 06:27 PM

So I should play (go to Moon) Shadowkeep first (before D2 single player campaign) and basically I’m starting from scratch in campaign of D2? Is there a single player campaign still and where do I start in D2? What do you mean about current state? Why Shadowkeep first if that was a dlc? And when I played D2 just before I saw same and could go to same planets as I had before. How is that D1?

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-08-20 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-08-20, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The campaign is still there, but you have to pick it up from Amanda in the tower hangar. She also has the campaigns for curse of osiris and warmind. You don't have to do them, but you can. There's some fun missions there.

But they redesigned the game to make it easier for people to jump in and do the current content. In terms of progression, starting with shadowkeep is far more efficient, even patrols would benefit more than the old campaigns.

By current state, I mean you fly into D2's tower and find the current vendors. In the original D2, the tower didn't come til the end of the story, and The Farm was the social space until then.
Old 04-08-20, 09:19 PM

Ok. Bottom line it for me. I open Director, go to moon and do Shadowkeep? Or see this Amanda person? Is she on Earth? Then do D2 single player campaign? Thanks guys for this help. I was just confused as shit why game wasn’t same game I remembered playing whenever it came out...
Old 04-09-20, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok. Bottom line it for me. I open Director, go to moon and do Shadowkeep? Or see this Amanda person? Is she on Earth? Then do D2 single player campaign? Thanks guys for this help. I was just confused as shit why game wasn’t same game I remembered playing whenever it came out...
https://www.shacknews.com/article/11...gn-walkthrough
Old 04-09-20, 01:52 PM

well, yes, that's a walkthorugh for Shadowkeep, but doesn't tell me to do first. where is this tower? on Earth?
Old 04-09-20, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
The campaign is still there, but you have to pick it up from Amanda in the tower hangar. She also has the campaigns for curse of osiris and warmind. You don't have to do them, but you can. There's some fun missions there.

But they redesigned the game to make it easier for people to jump in and do the current content. In terms of progression, starting with shadowkeep is far more efficient, even patrols would benefit more than the old campaigns.

By current state, I mean you fly into D2's tower and find the current vendors. In the original D2, the tower didn't come til the end of the story, and The Farm was the social space until then.
but above mentioned the blue indicators as campaign missions. i see and can go to those. why do i have to go to Amanda when i never did before or even heard of her? thanks for help...

All I want to do is play the single player campaign from beginning to end.

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-09-20 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-10-20, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

well, yes, that's a walkthorugh for Shadowkeep, but doesn't tell me to do first. where is this tower? on Earth?

I am sorry I thought you had played this game before

The Tower is at the top of the destination screen labeled The Traveler

Old 04-10-20, 02:19 PM

I am sorry I thought you had played this game before

The Tower is at the top of the destination screen labeled The Traveler

i have played before (as described above) at launch, but from what was linked and i read, the Tower wasn't available (before all this new stuff) and therefore no Amanda. so i was going through her for missions. i just played what i thought was campaign missions. so why is she now available and giving out campaign missions?
Old 11-11-20, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Anyone play the new expansion yet?
Thoughts?