Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Old 10-07-19, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

I think I've only done maybe one or two of the new expansion story missions so far, but I'm currently sidetracked grinding Gambit matches to get a good PvE Auto Rifle.

It's frustrating that although I bought Forsaken on PS4,that expansion does not carry over to PC even though I don't know how much of that content I'd actually engage with at this point.

And I sure wish they'd added a new class ability. I'm using the same skill tree with the same abilities that I was a year ago. It'd be nice to have something to work towards other than gear.
Old 10-07-19, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
I think I've only done maybe one or two of the new expansion story missions so far, but I'm currently sidetracked grinding Gambit matches to get a good PvE Auto Rifle.

It's frustrating that although I bought Forsaken on PS4,that expansion does not carry over to PC even though I don't know how much of that content I'd actually engage with at this point.

And I sure wish they'd added a new class ability. I'm using the same skill tree with the same abilities that I was a year ago. It'd be nice to have something to work towards other than gear.

This has been my beef with Bungie and Destiny in general...you have a game (universe) that has had the same THREE GUARDIANS for five freaking years. Yes they're fun but good lord, they cannot makeup, conjure up, design, invent, add any more? Other games sure as heck can but given the fact this is a fairly huge arena of planets and yet just three Guardians to choose from. Did they lay off the Character Development Team or what...
Old 10-07-19, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pharad View Post
Still haven't got the chance to try it. I wasn't home since Tuesday and that's when it came out. I'm wondering which class should I choose when I'll start (I never played the original Destiny). I'm thinking either Titan or Warlock. Titan would seem pretty cool because it's the closest thing to Spartans from Halo and I have a nack for sci-fi armor. On the other hand Warlock may feature gameplay that's more fun since you can use various powers.
I may be biased, but I really like the Titan. What system do you play on? We have a few people from the forum on a clan that is mainly PS4 (and a couple people who play PC).
Old 10-14-19, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chase3001 View Post
I may be biased, but I really like the Titan. What system do you play on? We have a few people from the forum on a clan that is mainly PS4 (and a couple people who play PC).
Technically, I could do XBone too, downloaded it because I'm a freak like that. Though I don't own Forsaken or Shadowkeep on there...or have Live right now...so scratch that.

Sorry, just trying out my new keyboard. Very clicky.
Old 10-16-19, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thinking I may have a problem. According to Steam, alittle over 100 hours
Old 10-16-19, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post

Thinking I may have a problem. According to Steam, alittle over 100 hours
Yikes!

I just checked Steam, and I'm at 44 hours. I'd have to guess at least 10-15 of those were spent grinding Gambit matches for five days straight to get the Breakneck auto rifle.

The game is still good and I'm really enjoying it, but as I'm finishing up the new campaign quests, I'm not sure I have any reason to keep playing much more.